• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

The number has changed. I basically reserved a room only for the night before and asked if it could be put on same reservation, but CM said no and gave me new reservation number. We don't have direct flight so really don't want to carry on, and don't want to wait for bags. I guess worst case is the bags end up at Poly. Maybe I'll pack a carryon backpack with enough to get through the first night:( Just in case...

Here's the issue. If they scan that original reservation number, you don't have a reservation that is in effect yet! So, the bags may just sit at MCO...and that's not something you want to happen.
If it were me? I wouldn't tag the bags. I would go to baggage claim and get them and then bring them to the DME bus. They will be stowed beneath your bus and handed to you when you get to Pop. Much better idea...that way you'll know you have the bags. But...also, always pack a carry-on bag with whatever you will have to have that first 24 hrs. Just in case.

Just thought I'd give an update. Decided to go ahead and try luggage tags. Crossed out resort, confirmation # and date and hand wrote new info. We arrived at POP around 7. Bags were in the room by 8:30. I'm s happy camper:)

Do the yellow tags come to you by mail? How soon before your trip do they come? We booked through at TA at AAA this time and just picked up our packet but there weren't any yellow tags. It was just paperwork. Are those being mailed separate to me? (I know I should ask the TA but I was already on the dis so I figured I would ask here too) Magic bands arrived today.

DME tags are sent separately. However, because you booked with a TA, your TA will get that letter. They will have to get it to you. The tags are usually sent out at least a month prior to travel.

Thanks - I guess I will have to ask the TA since it's less than a month now. I thought they would have been in the packet she called and had me pick up but when I got home and looked at it the tags weren't in there. So those get sent separately to the TA then I have to go pick up those?

Thanks - I guess I will have to ask the TA since it's less than a month now. I thought they would have been in the packet she called and had me pick up but when I got home and looked at it the tags weren't in there. So those get sent separately to the TA then I have to go pick up those?
When you book through a TA, they technically 'own' the reservation until you arrive at WDW. So everything gets sent to them. In any case, DME info is sent in a separate mailing. I would check with your TA and make sure you have DME set up. Then, when the DME info/tags arrive at the TA office, you will have to go get them.

I apologize if this had been asked and answered already. I'm planning a split stay next year at BWV then Vero Beach DVC - 4 nights at each resort. Is it possible to use DME when we return to Orlando from Vero Beach? We planned on renting a car on-site to drive to Vero Beach and back.

Thanks!

I apologize if this had been asked and answered already. I'm planning a split stay next year at BWV then Vero Beach DVC - 4 nights at each resort. Is it possible to use DME when we return to Orlando from Vero Beach? We planned on renting a car on-site to drive to Vero Beach and back.

Thanks!

You can't use DME after your onsite reservation has ended, if that's what you're asking.

Thanks!

Nope. You can use DME, to return to the airport, up until midnight of your check out day. Because you won't have a WDW resort reservation in place, when you return from VB, you aren't entitled to use DME.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I am on a time crunch and can't read all the threads. My flights changed ( different flight #). There isn't time for new luggage tags or documents for DME to arrive at my home through the mail prior to my departure. I am staying with family members that rented points through David's. My name is on the reservation, but the reservation isn't IN my name. I have documents/magic bands for the PREVIOUS flight numbers for DME. Will I be able to board DME even though my new flight will be arriving several hours earlier?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I am on a time crunch and can't read all the threads. My flights changed ( different flight #). There isn't time for new luggage tags or documents for DME to arrive at my home through the mail prior to my departure. I am staying with family members that rented points through David's. My name is on the reservation, but the reservation isn't IN my name. I have documents/magic bands for the PREVIOUS flight numbers for DME. Will I be able to board DME even though my new flight will be arriving several hours earlier?

You're not assigned to a specific bus for going from the airport to your hotel, so you're fine. So even if your flight hadn't changed, you could take your time to get down there and browse the gift shops or eat or whatever. It's going back to the airport where you are assigned to a specific bus and they would definitely need to know if your flight has changed.

You're not assigned to a specific bus for going from the airport to your hotel, so you're fine. So even if your flight hadn't changed, you could take your time to get down there and browse the gift shops or eat or whatever. It's going back to the airport where you are assigned to a specific bus and they would definitely need to know if your flight has changed.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. That's a relief.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but I could not find the answer. I just changed resorts for our trip from BC to AKL thanks to the recent discounts. I had already booked my ME so do I need to contact them and let them know about the resort change? My flight info has not changed. TIA!!!

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but I could not find the answer. I just changed resorts for our trip from BC to AKL thanks to the recent discounts. I had already booked my ME so do I need to contact them and let them know about the resort change? My flight info has not changed. TIA!!!

Absolutely. If you're taking advantage of the luggage delivery service, they need to know that your bags have to go to AKL, and even if you don't use the luggage service, if you don't let them know, I would assume they wouldn't let you on the bus that's going to AKL.

I am leaving for WDW in 11 days, YAY! I booked my flight myself and had a travel agent book my resort and DME. Unfortunately, I have not received my voucher or luggage tag yet. I have contacted my TA about this, but have not heard back for her regarding the status. What do I do if it does not come in before I leave? This is cutting it a little too close and I'm starting to get nervous.

A few thoughts. Has your resort reservation number changed? If it hasn't, I would just carefully cross out the resort info on the luggage tags, and put in AKL, carefully. Try not to mess up the bar code...this is where your info is stored. If the reservation number has changed, then call DME and get a new set of luggage tags sent out

I am leaving for WDW in 11 days, YAY! I booked my flight myself and had a travel agent book my resort and DME. Unfortunately, I have not received my voucher or luggage tag yet. I have contacted my TA about this, but have not heard back for her regarding the status. What do I do if it does not come in before I leave? This is cutting it a little too close and I'm starting to get nervous.
This is the problem with using a TA to book your trip. The DME stuff is sent to the TA since they, technically, own the reservation. They then need to get it to you. How long ago did you book your trip? If it's more than a few weeks ago, I would call the TA and ask where the stuff is. They may not have actually made the DME reservation for you!!!! And now, they could be trying to cover their behinds by booking it now. DME needs a lead time of 10 days to get the info, get it printed out and then sent to you.
My issue? If the TA hasn't made the DME reservation for you, you could have an issue getting on the bus. If the reservation has been made, then all you need is an ID and your resort reservation info. They will be able to bring you up in the system and then give you a voucher for the bus. You can give them your baggage claim receipts and they can then get your bags and send them to your resort. But, you need to know whether or not you have been booked on DME to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter