• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We came back on April 30th, and I'm calling BS on "35% capacity", LOL. We were at YC (soooo crowded everywhere), and the parks are super crowded (I know a cast member, and he confirmed that the parks are way crowded).

We ended up focusing on meals, pool, too! It was just not as great a trip as we usually have.
Ugh! I'm setting my expectations really low because of just what you described! I've been hearing similar experiences from other people. It's still going to be more fun than sitting at home lol! I don't see how they can continue to charge what they do without adding back things like fast passes... and extra magic hours for on site properties! And hurry up with the fireworks too, please!! They need to bring back some of the magic that has been lost!

Ugh! I'm setting my expectations really low because of just what you described! I've been hearing similar experiences from other people. It's still going to be more fun than sitting at home lol! I don't see how they can continue to charge what they do without adding back things like fast passes... and extra magic hours for on site properties! And hurry up with the fireworks too, please!! They need to bring back some of the magic that has been lost!

Honestly I fuond plenty of magic in February (the Valentines/Presidents/Madri Gras trifecta). I think a lot is in the attitude you approach it with. If you approach it looking at what isn't there, you won't see what IS there.

Honestly I fuond plenty of magic in February (the Valentines/Presidents/Madri Gras trifecta). I think a lot is in the attitude you approach it with. If you approach it looking at what isn't there, you won't see what IS there.
I have found the offerings at the Beaches Pool Bar, Enchanted Rose, and Tambu Lounge help me find the true magic that I enjoy at WDW. :goodvibes
All great advice! I know I will find plenty of magic in just being back at Disney...even the smell of the main building at GF makes me happy! And DH will probably find his magic at all the places mentioned with special beverages :laughing:!

All great advice! I know I will find plenty of magic in just being back at Disney...even the smell of the main building at GF makes me happy! And DH will probably find his magic at all the places mentioned with special beverages :laughing:!

Its true!!! Just being there is magical in its own way. We were worried we’d be disappointed too... no fireworks, parades, FP’s, the EWP... etc. - but we spent two full weeks there in November/December and we said it was one of the most relaxing trips we ever had!! Of course we missed those things that make Disney - “Disney!”, but we still enjoyed every minute and can’t wait to get back this summer!!! I know you’ll have a great time!!!! Make sure you take lots of pics for us!!!

Hi! What is the best way to get from GF to the Boardwalk Hotel using WDW transportation? I have reservations at Trattoria al Forno. Also, Is it easy to find the walkway to Epcot from there? Thanks in advance!!

Hi! What is the best way to get from GF to the Boardwalk Hotel using WDW transportation? I have reservations at Trattoria al Forno. Also, Is it easy to find the walkway to Epcot from there? Thanks in advance!!

A few options:

1) Bus to DHS and walk to BWI
2) Bus to Epcot, walk through the park and exit out the Intl Gateway, walk to BWI
3) Walk/monorail/boat to MK and take a bus to BWI

All have some serious various combinations of park hours or park admission/reservations (in the case of walking though Epcot) that need to be taken into consideration.

The easiest/most direct option is going to be ride share/taxi, if an option for you.

I would take the monorail from GF to MK and then a bus to Boardwalk.

You can't miss the walkway to Epcot. It is to the right as you walk out of the restaurant. Everyone is walking that way. :)

Just returned from a 5 night stay with my DD. Her favorite resort is GF. In the “old days” we stayed CL when at this resort, so not familiar with the outer buildings. This time, we were assigned a room in Big Pine Key with a water view (had booked garden). We were in an “atrium” room and as the day ended, I realized (quickly) that the noise is intense in that area. Added to that, we had an adjoining room, and we could hear every conversation/phone call/ argument our neighbors had. Lesson learned...next time I will definitely utilize some sort of room request. They should put warnings on those rooms, LOL.
All in all, we had a great time. Fresh flowers are back in the main building (yay)! They also started resort specific boats, so GF and Poly each has their own instead of sharing. We didn’t use the boats, but that’s what we were told. The walking path is lovely and is much “faster” when returning from the parks. Weather was hot..we are from Michigan so not sure to it being so warm, so early.

Last edited:
To those who have recently stayed at the GF question.

Has the bus transportation to Epcot, Ak, and Hollywood Studios improved?

I mean the last time we were there at the bus stop waiting that is, it seemed that people would jump, and cut in line to get on the bus they wanted, not paying any attention to people with special needs until the bus driver and attendant told them to PLEASE step back. I do not mind waiting my turn, and wish some would be more kinder when it comes time for general boarding on the bus.

We arrive early, for our bus, and are hesitant in sitting on the benches when late arrivals push to the front.
But we acknowledge the other early birds ahead of us.

Especially concerned if the EPCOT monorail still not in service.

TY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter