Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Ugh - 90 minutes! At least it's fun tunes! When I called a few months ago, they said I could rent either the cabana or the patio at 60 days, but when I called back in April at 60 days, I only inquired about the cabana. In the meantime, the prices went up so maybe they made some changes to the patio reservations? :confused3 I just looked on the website and they don't even have any info about them on the GF page, just the cabanas - and a link regarding reservations for the cabanas. I was thinking I might call tomorrow about availability of patios for another day, so I will inquire!
One of my few pet peeves about WDW. A company should never keep its guests on hold for 90 minutes, it's just rude/wrong. I feel your pain! :)

Does anyone know how early you can arrive for a dinner reservation and still park for free? We’ve arrived a couple of hours early in the past I think, but I was wondering if there’s a limit? We have reservations at Trattoria and I wanted to walk over to GR beforehand at the International Gateway to see if my DD and I can get our APs back since they expired in November and DH still has his. I’ve been reading on DIS where people had been able to do that if they already had APs before the pandemic. The worst they can say is no...

How has the pool situation been around noontime midweek? We arrive next Tuesday around noon and hoping to get into the pool

I realize that maybe I should post this on the Restaurant Fourm, but there seem to be many folks here who have stayed at the GF multiple times and are famiilar with the dining options. Just wondering what your thoughts are - yay or nay - about Narcoossee's. I have an ADR there for my upcoming trip and am wondering if I should keep it. Reviews seem to be mixed and it would be an expensive meal for us. I am not a steak eater. So, I would probably be choosing from the seafood offerings. Thanks

I realize that maybe I should post this on the Restaurant Fourm, but there seem to be many folks here who have stayed at the GF multiple times and are famiilar with the dining options. Just wondering what your thoughts are - yay or nay - about Narcoossee's. I have an ADR there for my upcoming trip and am wondering if I should keep it. Reviews seem to be mixed and it would be an expensive meal for us. I am not a steak eater. So, I would probably be choosing from the seafood offerings. Thanks
Mixed. We didn't love the smaller menu, didnt love our oddly angled table with NO view to anything.

Did enjoy walking to dining. Did enjoy going to ER for a nightcap cause it was close.

Does anyone know how early you can arrive for a dinner reservation and still park for free? We’ve arrived a couple of hours early in the past I think, but I was wondering if there’s a limit? We have reservations at Trattoria and I wanted to walk over to GR beforehand at the International Gateway to see if my DD and I can get our APs back since they expired in November and DH still has his. I’ve been reading on DIS where people had been able to do that if they already had APs before the pandemic. The worst they can say is no...

I’m not sure if there’s some specific rule in play here - so long as it’s not something egregious it seems like you should be OK. Probably very much a YMMV situation I guess. Good luck!

I LOVE Narcoossee’s. It’s a must do every November trip. In my personal experience, the food and service has always been excellent. Add to that, the view of the Castle while eating, just makes me so happy! Enjoy it!

I’m not sure if there’s some specific rule in play here - so long as it’s not something egregious it seems like you should be OK. Probably very much a YMMV situation I guess. Good luck!
Thanks! That's what I was thinking since I know we've already been a couple hours early before. I don't really like dealing with parking, but my DH will still have the rental car from being down there on business so we figured we'd take advantage of it. We don't check into GF until the next day (his company won't pay for GF lol).

We love Narcoosee's! I will admit that the view is a big part of it for us so we always ask to be seated by a window (and wait a bit longer if necessary). I will also admit that we typically get filet so that part won't help you, but I love their garlic mashed potatoes and their green beans! Their lobster is good too. Hope that helps with your decision. We have a similar decision to make about BOG because we haven't been since they went to the fixed price menu. I didn't really want that much food, but I do like being in Beast's castle. I haven't heard great things about the food either (like the filet), but just like with Narcoosee's, ambience is important to me...so I guess we'll stick with BOG...

In regards to Narcoosee's. The food we ordered filet, and one fish was prepared very well, and presentation was excellent. What we did not care for was the lack of waiter enthusiasm. Maybe they are told to be classy, but for us he seemed a tad bit "stuffy", just going through the motions. Oh don't get me wrong, he did his job well, just that the personal touch of interaction with guest was lacking. I guess that is the type of service you get when you eat at a very established venue.
California Grill and Le cellar, still remain our top places for celebrations. Just my view.

We love Narcoosee's! I will admit that the view is a big part of it for us so we always ask to be seated by a window (and wait a bit longer if necessary). I will also admit that we typically get filet so that part won't help you, but I love their garlic mashed potatoes and their green beans! Their lobster is good too. Hope that helps with your decision. We have a similar decision to make about BOG because we haven't been since they went to the fixed price menu. I didn't really want that much food, but I do like being in Beast's castle. I haven't heard great things about the food either (like the filet), but just like with Narcoosee's, ambience is important to me...so I guess we'll stick with BOG...

FWIW we went to BOG not long after they switched to prix fixe dinner and really enjoyed our meal. The filet was great and perfectly medium rare, but I don’t normally order them so I can’t say how it compares to others (I much prefer ribeyes). Ask to eat in the West Wing, it’s got the best theming ever.

I haven't been there since the start of COVID but we had a great experience at Narcooses in the past. The food was excellent and our waiter was amazing. Our kids were much younger at the time and after a day in the parks, their patience was wearing thin. Our waiter would interact with them each time he visited the table and would tell jokes/find ways to keep them entertained while the adults finished eating. He even brought them dessert to split that I later realized he did not charge us for (he told the kids to say it was their birthday if anyone asked but that didn't register with me until we got the bill). Needless to say, we left him a very hefty tip.

We didn't have a seat with a view but the food quality & service were so great that it didn't even cross my mind.

Last edited:
FWIW we went to BOG not long after they switched to prix fixe dinner and really enjoyed our meal. The filet was great and perfectly medium rare, but I don’t normally order them so I can’t say how it compares to others (I much prefer ribeyes). Ask to eat in the West Wing, it’s got the best theming ever.
So glad you enjoyed eating there! That makes me feel better about it. Thanks for the tip on the West Wing. I'm so concerned about the madness at the parks right now that I seem to be focusing much more on my dining and pool time lol! Wish I were in a cabana at the GF right now! My DD22 is graduating from college on Saturday so I need to try to be more excited about all the festivities around that...but my mind is already focused on Disney!

So glad you enjoyed eating there! That makes me feel better about it. Thanks for the tip on the West Wing. I'm so concerned about the madness at the parks right now that I seem to be focusing much more on my dining and pool time lol! Wish I were in a cabana at the GF right now! My DD22 is graduating from college on Saturday so I need to try to be more excited about all the festivities around that...but my mind is already focused on Disney!
We came back on April 30th, and I'm calling Disney out on "35% capacity", LOL. We were at YC (soooo crowded everywhere), and the parks are super crowded (I know a cast member, and he confirmed that the parks are way crowded).

We ended up focusing on meals, pool, too! It was just not as great a trip as we usually have.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter