• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We have a three night stay coming up at the GF from April 12-15th. We will be concentrating our activities in the MK resort area, including spending lots of time at the resort. We haven't stayed here in a few years and that was in December when it was too cold to really enjoy the pools. And we were able to get an ADR at Narcoossee's thanks to Touring Plans reservation finder. :)

What time do they open the walkway to MK? I understand that it is locked at the bridge overnight.

I’ve been out running a handful of times now since the path was opened, all were 8am MK openings. They opened the gates that close across the EWP canal swing bridge right around 6:30am.

I have yet to see a report to confirm if 6:30am is standard every day regardless of MK opening time, or if that shifts to 7:30am on a 9am MK opening.

Hope that helps!

I am loving reading all of this and it is making me excited for my 3 night trip to the GF in May! This may have been asked and answered already, but what types of toiletries are provided in the rooms? Also, two years ago when I was staying at the Beach Club, I was able to buy either an 8 or 12 pack of bottled water (they were the small bottles) in the Marketplace/Gift Shop. Does anyone know if this is available at the GF anywhere? It saved a lot of money over buying individual bottles of water and the small ones were so much easier to carry. Thanks!

Just asked the person in charge of the Courtyard Pool if they cap it and prevent too many people from overloading it and she said no, they only do that at the Beach Pool.

So, no one at GF will be denied pool access but that also means that it can get very crowded with no control or supervision. It’s 4:00 and things are calming down now as people are starting to leave but it was uncomfortable from 1:30 to 3:30.

Saw a report on FB just now that they had to cap the Beach Pool today. Third hand I know, but according to the person who posted it, a CM told her it was because they were short staffed today and didn’t have enough people to clean the chairs between guests or monitor for social distancing. This was the pic she got:

Saw a report on FB just now that they had to cap the Beach Pool today. Third hand I know, but according to the person who posted it, a CM told her it was because they were short staffed today and didn’t have enough people to clean the chairs between guests or monitor for social distancing. This was the pic she got:
View attachment 566220

The drink server at the Courtyard Pool said he’d never seen it this crowded.

I have a personal theory that the holiday crowds figured out that today was the only pool day remaining this vacation week. 90’s Wednesday, 70’s on Thursday, 60’s on Friday and Saturday. They ran back after a morning at the parks to burn through that sunscreen instead of dragging it home.

I am loving reading all of this and it is making me excited for my 3 night trip to the GF in May! This may have been asked and answered already, but what types of toiletries are provided in the rooms? Also, two years ago when I was staying at the Beach Club, I was able to buy either an 8 or 12 pack of bottled water (they were the small bottles) in the Marketplace/Gift Shop. Does anyone know if this is available at the GF anywhere? It saved a lot of money over buying individual bottles of water and the small ones were so much easier to carry. Thanks!

Toiletries: Soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, shower cap, body lotion, cotton swabs.

Bottled Waters: Yes, in the gift shop. Buy the 8 pack of the small bottles as they fit precisely in the 8 bottle holders in the fridge.

Cereal and Muffins: Load up on these (and some milk) from the gift shop to save a lot of time and money if you’re not big breakfast eaters. Been great for us.

Maid Service: They come every-other-day and only to empty trash cans and replenish towels and toiletries. They don’t make beds. I don’t even think they go more than the first 3 feet in each room past the bathrooms.

Elevators: Limit 1 family per car or 4 persons in total. We aren’t seeing people share cars. Families or singles for the most part.

Last edited:
Toiletries: Soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, shower cap, body lotion, cotton swabs.

Bottled Waters: Yes, in the gift shop. Buy the 8 pack of the small bottles as they fit precisely in the 8 bottle holders in the fridge.

Cereal and Muffins: Load up on these (and some milk) from the gift shop to save a lot of time and money if you’re not big breakfast eaters. Been great for us.

Maid Service: They come every-other-day and only to empty trash cans and replenish towels and toiletries. They don’t make beds. I don’t even think they go more than the first 3 feet in each room past the bathrooms.

Elevators: Limit 1 family per car or 4 persons in total. We aren’t seeing people share cars. Families or singles for the most part.

Thanks for the wonderful info! I had no idea about the elevators! Can you walk down a stairway instead or are you forced to use the elevator? With regard to the toiletries - is it shower gel or bar soap? And, is everything individually packaged or do they have dispensers? Thanks.

Thanks for the wonderful info! I had no idea about the elevators! Can you walk down a stairway instead or are you forced to use the elevator? With regard to the toiletries - is it shower gel or bar soap? And, is everything individually packaged or do they have dispensers? Thanks.

You can definitely take the stairs instead of waiting! And as far as toiletries, you should get both shower gel, as well as bar soap. They are individual. 🙂

Someone just reported recently (a couple pages back) they asked to be switched to the Main Building and were denied. Another Diser reported they were upgraded at check-in to the Main Building. It seems as they are only using it right now for random upgrades.

Any word on what happens if you actually have a Main Building room booked?? Our May 2020 trip was cancelled and (at that time) we were allowed to re-book for RPC this June. I know club level isn't available, but I'd love to still have the room!

Any word on what happens if you actually have a Main Building room booked?? Our May 2020 trip was cancelled and (at that time) we were allowed to re-book for RPC this June. I know club level isn't available, but I'd love to still have the room!

The one report we have is from @Jen0107c - I’ll copy her post below...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...a-information-questions.3814628/post-62806192
Jen0107c - may I ask, did you have the Main Building at check-in, or did they have you change it before arrival? Thanks for your help!!

The one report we have is from @Jen0107c - I’ll copy her post below...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...a-information-questions.3814628/post-62806192
Jen0107c - may I ask, did you have the Main Building at check-in, or did they have you change it before arrival? Thanks for your help!!
No I did not have it at check in. My travel agent called for multiple reservations for rpc and stated I did not want to be switched to a villa for a comparable price. They told her I would be downgraded to a regular room at check if I had not switched as club was unavailable. So she went ahead and booked me various rooms with the ap discount. I downgraded from a main building 2 bedroom to an outer building 2 bedroom. Two reservations for main building one bedroom to an outer building one bedroom. Then I had a theme park main building that I had switched to a regular garden view all with the ap promo. My dates were in September, December, January and March.

I am a Dvc member as well so the larger villas didn’t interest me as I can book them on points. I find a difference in the suites/ regular rooms to villas. I do enjoy them both in different ways.

If anyone has club I would try to be proactive to call Disney ASAP. When I had a Resevation booked for a club in July/august I wasn’t reached out to in what I thought was enough time. The gf wasn’t even open and I wasn’t contacted early enough for me to feel comfortable in what they’d give us. I ended up canceling and staying at the poly.

Last edited:
No I did not have it at check in. My travel agent called for multiple reservations for rpc and stated I did not want to be switched to a villa for a comparable price. They told her I would be downgraded to a regular room at check if I had not switched as club was unavailable. So she went ahead and booked me various rooms with the ap discount. I downgraded from a main building 2 bedroom to an outer building 2 bedroom. Two reservations for main building one bedroom to an outer building one bedroom. Then I had a theme park main building that I had switched to a regular garden view all with the ap promo. My dates were in September, December, January and March.

I am a Dvc member as well so the larger villas didn’t interest me as I can book them on points. I find a difference in the suites/ regular rooms to villas. I do enjoy them both in different ways.

If anyone has club I would try to be proactive to call Disney ASAP. When I had a Resevation booked for a club in July/august I wasn’t reached out to in what I thought was enough time. The gf wasn’t even open and I wasn’t contacted early enough for me to feel comfortable in what they’d give us. I ended up canceling and staying at the poly.

Thanks for explaining! I didn’t want to give incorrect info.!! 🙂

Thanks for explaining! I didn’t want to give incorrect info.!! 🙂
You’re very welcome. Hopefully it will return soon. I’ve seen so many lights on in the main building during my trips, especially around Christmas. Maybe the next trip I’ll get lucky even though I only have a regular outer building room for Memorial Day 🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re very welcome. Hopefully it will return soon. I’ve seen so many lights on in the main building during my trips, especially around Christmas. Maybe the next trip I’ll get lucky even though I only have a regular outer building room for Memorial Day 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope so, too!!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

What is the earliest we can get on the monorail from GF to MK, with 8 am MK opening? I know I’ve seen it somewhere but can’t find it :)

Seems like a lot of us will be there that weekend! Hopefully we all get pixie dust!!

I guess the silver lining is I don’t know what I’m missing unlike you guys, but I sure wish I got to experience RPC as my first stay at GF like we intended. I hope I will soon. :)

Thanks for your honest review. I'm really worried about this trip not being nearly as fun as usual (with the exception of getting to see @trishadono finally after a whole year away from Disney), but I'm setting my expectations pretty low so I hope it will be a good trip. I told my husband it will definitely be better than sitting at home! We're actually doing a split with Ritz Carlton at Grand Lakes because my DH needed his CL fix and theirs is open (plus I love their lazy river). I really hope CL returns to Disney soon! I was happy to hear you stopped in to see Lene at BWI. I think Redgie is at Trattoria al Forno?
Yes, he is. We had dinner there and he visited our table. My youngest granddaughter adores him and considers him her private chef! We told him how much we miss him and can’t wait to see him again in the lounge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter