• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

So happy you were able to get a Birthday dinner reservation at Narcoossee’s, as well as a cabana on Memorial Day!! So excited for you!!! And don’t give up on your second half of your stay!! Keep checking, people cancel things all the time!!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thanks! Weirdly enough it’s not that I couldn’t find anything for the second part of the split, it wouldn’t even let me look on those dates. Phone CM couldn’t either (I asked him to try just in case). I always thought with split stays you could book your whole trip starting at 60 from the first resort but I guess the system is glitching or not set up for it now.

Thanks! Weirdly enough it’s not that I couldn’t find anything for the second part of the split, it wouldn’t even let me look on those dates. Phone CM couldn’t either (I asked him to try just in case). I always thought with split stays you could book your whole trip starting at 60 from the first resort but I guess the system is glitching or not set up for it now.

Ooohhh... sorry, did not pick up on that! You used to be able to, but since Covid, you have to book your second stay Dinner reservations 60 days from the start of your second check in day! Sorry, I know, it stinks! I went through that in November!

Today was my ADR day and I got Narcoosee’s for my birthday dinner. I was also able to get my cabana on Memorial Day!!! I was shocked tbh. No passholder discount available though.Total was $318.44 including tax, for the curious.

I wasn’t able to book anything at all for the YC half of my stay, though. :( I really wasn’t planning on anything except a droid and maybe a backup dinner at Epcot though since I mainly plan on eating at the festival booths.
I may see you. My friend and family at gf this weekend as well. I’ll be over at BLT.

We met through a mutual friend from here on dis. Now we always visit if even just for a drink. Last March they visited me at GF in RPC when they were at BWI cl. Hard to believe it’s been a year. We usually see it other a few times year,

I will say we like A&C, prices are not too high, service was good and they have stand by seating too. Both of our YC stays this year we went there.

Oh! Cl people ! I found RPC Abdul at the market in YC, He works there currently. He was so happy to see a familiar face!

Today was my ADR day and I got Narcoosee’s for my birthday dinner. I was also able to get my cabana on Memorial Day!!! I was shocked tbh. No passholder discount available though.Total was $318.44 including tax, for the curious.

I wasn’t able to book anything at all for the YC half of my stay, though. :( I really wasn’t planning on anything except a droid and maybe a backup dinner at Epcot though since I mainly plan on eating at the festival booths.
You're very lucky to have that Narcoosee's reservation! We couldn't get anything for Saturday night and only a super late reservation for Sunday night that we probably won't use. At least we got a cabana for Sunday which is the day we wanted. Congrats on your cabana! I was really worried about getting one! Maybe we'll see you there that weekend (I'm the friend @trishadono mentioned will be staying at GF).

We had an amazing week at the GF last week! We just thought we loved the Poly (well, we still do).....but I think GF will be our go-to from now on. We just loved it! We had room 8423 in Boca Chica and we had amazing views of the Contemporary, monorail, train station, Space Mountain, and Cinderella's Castle!! We booked a lagoon view-outer building with a request for a King bed. Our bellman told us that this was one of the few King rooms with MK views. We enjoyed it so much! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to not post them sideways.
Also- I know this has been asked before, but I slept the best I have in years last week. I thought my back always hurt from picking up kids, but I think it's our mattress. I have seen the Beautyrest website where they sell the Disney mattresses, but I'm also seeing online that some reports say the mattresses are Sealy. Can anyone help? I regret not looking while we were there. Has anyone purchased one and can verify it's the same?
Thanks so much!!

You're very lucky to have that Narcoosee's reservation! We couldn't get anything for Saturday night and only a super late reservation for Sunday night that we probably won't use. At least we got a cabana for Sunday which is the day we wanted. Congrats on your cabana! I was really worried about getting one! Maybe we'll see you there that weekend (I'm the friend @trishadono mentioned will be staying at GF).

It’s funny, as a solo sometimes ADRs are easier and sometimes not. I was able to get Narcoosee’s at 5 on Sunday with a party of 1, when I checked again with 2 no dice.

It was tough all around though...I could not get CRT or BOG. But I set Touring Plans alerts up just in case. Never had this much trouble with ADRs before but I guess it’s just the times. I am also glad you got your cabana! I was really worried too. I think more people are looking to book them now than before, with these reports of pool waits and also wanting extra privacy/distancing. Maybe we will see each other!

We are home from our 4 night stay! It was a nice stay and we did enjoy staying at the Grand. We had 2 rooms in Sugar Loaf on the second floor. In my room, 6228, was me, my husband and one granddaughter. My son’s room was 6225 and there 4 in that room. The grounds were beautiful, flowers everywhere and clean and well kept.

I was disappointed in the lack of flowers in the lobby though. It looked so sad to see just a couple of long stems of some white flowers sticking out if the urns. The piano player was there playing every night beginning at 5. It was nice to hear him.

We loved having the cabana, and it was worth every penny! They had it stocked with a nice fruit platter, basket of chips, Chex mix, pretzels and veggie chips. The fridge has waters, Diet Coke, coke and sprite. They did replace things through the day for us. When we were leaving they told us to take what we wanted, since we paid for it!

The VIP tour we took was wonderful for my grandchildren. Our guide was fantastic and he knew the most efficient way to tour each park to maximize your time. My husband and I were exhausted, but the kids loved it. It worked well because they got on all the rides they wanted, some multiple times, in that one day.

I really am not sure about keeping my November reservation. I will see how the next few months go. We are taking my older daughter to celebrate her 10 year Anniversary of being cancer free. She enjoys the rides, but may not enjoy the waits! She is bringing a friend, so we will see. I just wasn’t too fond of this Disney. Mobile order didn’t always work for me, masks are an issue for too long also. I miss the sights and sounds of Disney too much, not really a ride person, but I am hoping it will all come back soon.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who helped me plan this trip. It was fun because I was with family, that is all that matters!
Thanks for your honest review. I'm really worried about this trip not being nearly as fun as usual (with the exception of getting to see @trishadono finally after a whole year away from Disney), but I'm setting my expectations pretty low so I hope it will be a good trip. I told my husband it will definitely be better than sitting at home! We're actually doing a split with Ritz Carlton at Grand Lakes because my DH needed his CL fix and theirs is open (plus I love their lazy river). I really hope CL returns to Disney soon! I was happy to hear you stopped in to see Lene at BWI. I think Redgie is at Trattoria al Forno?

It’s funny, as a solo sometimes ADRs are easier and sometimes not. I was able to get Narcoosee’s at 5 on Sunday with a party of 1, when I checked again with 2 no dice.

It was tough all around though...I could not get CRT or BOG. But I set Touring Plans alerts up just in case. Never had this much trouble with ADRs before but I guess it’s just the times. I am also glad you got your cabana! I was really worried too. I think more people are looking to book them now than before, with these reports of pool waits and also wanting extra privacy/distancing. Maybe we will see each other!

If you're open to a late (closing or post park closing) CRT or BOG, don't' give up hope! If they extend the hours of your stay (which most likely they will), then either Monday or Tuesday of the following week, they will drop new openings to cover the extended hours and beyond. That's how I was able to get CRT on my last trip.

Oh, and on CRT: I had to pay up front for 2 guests as there were no reservations for one possible. They just refunded me the difference after arrival for dinner.

(edited to add: I called the dining # and was on hold for quite awhile so she could talk to a manager about the CRT reservation for one. Fortunately, I still had one of my nephews in my MDE, so was only out the child's cost for a couple of week. The credit appeared within 3 days on my credit card)

Just booked a quick trip in May. Called to reserve a cabana and was given the $318 price. Last month we paid $249. When I questioned, the CM checked and said there is an increase April 1. I get AP discount, so it is a bit cheaper, but wasn’t expecting a $60 increase. That said, I still booked it because I like the idea of guaranteed space.

Wow - that is a big jump! Good to know...I was wondering about the AP discount too. I had heard there was one, but didn't see it listed on the website, so also good to know! I want the guaranteed space too, at least for a day!

Thanks so much for that update!!! Interesting they raised it so much, but they suddenly seem more appealing to people. I’m assuming because of the times! Thanks again!

I agree...I'm not traveling until June, so who knows what things will be like then, but with limited capacity and no fastpasses, it definitely feels different trying to plan this trip, so an afternoon by the pool with a guaranteed spot is definitely appealing!

If you're open to a late (closing or post park closing) CRT or BOG, don't' give up hope! If they extend the hours of your stay (which most likely they will), then either Monday or Tuesday of the following week, they will drop new openings to cover the extended hours and beyond. That's how I was able to get CRT on my last trip.

Oh, and on CRT: I had to pay up front for 2 guests as there were no reservations for one possible. They just refunded me the difference after arrival for dinner.

(edited to add: I called the dining # and was on hold for quite awhile so she could talk to a manager about the CRT reservation for one. Fortunately, I still had one of my nephews in my MDE, so was only out the child's cost for a couple of week. The credit appeared within 3 days on my credit card)

Yes! I am hoping for that which is why I put the alerts. I’m a night owl and don’t mind a late reservation. But that’s good to know about the refund, I will definitely keep that in mind. I know some restaurants are easier to book as 2 vs. 1. I would be happy with either, I actually really enjoyed our dinner at BOG a couple of months after they went prix fixe for dinner, and the West Wing is so cool. CRT I liked way better than I expected to when we ate there, given the so so reviews it gets, but being in the castle is so special even without most of the princesses. It would be a real treat after being stuck at home for a year.

Glad you got your birthday dinner! I'm trying to book Narcoosee's for my husband's birthday dinner...Bummer there was no AP discount for the cabana? These cabana rentals are a bit of a mystery! But sounds like your birthday trip is going to be quite magical!

Does GF have coffee makers in the rooms in the weird Post-Covid world? I know I can bring ours but luggage space is precious.

I keep a “baby” in my Family list for instances just like this. They cost nothing, but still count as a second head when reservations are available for a party of 2 and not 1.

I miss Disney soooooo much but I cannot go till masks are gone... I get hot wearing one in Wal-mart and I know I could not handle one there in the hot sun... So till then I will just plan and plan and plan till I can go back hopefully by Dec 2022 and I have never stayed at the Grand but its always been my dream so I'm gonna make the come back to Disney special and plan a trip to stay here... Theme park view and all... man I better start saving.... Hopefully I can get a Military discount...:worship::banana::wizard:

Just booked our split stay trip for our son's early 16th birthday celebration in July 2022. (His sister celebrated with a Disney trip July 2020 and swam with dolphins at Discovery Cove. Our son said he was taking a 16th birthday trip too.) I was hoping for Hawaii or Ireland. Those were on his original lists. Then two and half weeks ago we made a quick one day trip to Hollywood Studios on our way to our nephew's wedding in Sarasota and he changed his mind to Disney. My husband is all about going to Disney and he said book it before our son changes his mind. This will be our first time staying at Grand Floridian. :)

I just booked a Poolside Patio in May for the Beach Pool. I have seen the poolside patios at the Courtyard pool but never at the Beach Pool. Has anyone booked these? any pictures you can share?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter