• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bus questions. We are arriving Thursday, Feb 11 and staying through the 15th. That’s President’s Day weekend. I know there are a lot of comments about not having problems getting on buses at GDT in the morning, but because it’s a very busy weekend, and we’ll be the last stop at the resort, should we consider walking to another bus stop? And if so, which stops will be open? If the G League is in the Casitas will the bus still stop at the Casitas?
My morning tower bus to AK was empty when it arrived and went straight to AK. Now by afternoon buses were stopping at all stops. When I got the tower bus stop at 4:25pm and it said next bus to MK at 5:05pm I took a rideshare. No way was I gambling there would still be room on a bus with that much of a wait for one.

Hi guys

Posted this in the regular resort section before realizing coronado had its own!

Before I book coronado, I have some questions.

Is Coronado and the tower two separate buildings? If so why should I pick one over the other.

I know it's a very big resort and we will not be doing parks, only pool and DS. So I wasn't sure if I should request to be in a preferred room, which I guess is putting me near the lobby? Or if I should be near the pool. If I wanted to be near the pool then what would my request be. Also, how far is the walk from the lobby to the pool?

Thank you so much in advance!

Anyone with a stay the weekend of Feb 20-21 get the upgrade call?

Also, why would Disney be moving some guests? CS is so large, it's hard to imagine they are out of rooms....
My best guess is to keep the public away from the NBA players.

Same! I booked a room at Coronado using my AP discount and I got a call on Wednesday to upgrade to the Grand Floridian. First time for me too. I'm really excited.
Look for us there. it will be me, my 13 yo daughter, my brother with Down Syndrome and my 75 yo mom. So we won’t be hard to miss lol.

We will be there March 1st to the 8th in 2 standard rooms and requested Cabanas 8C. I know the G League wraps up around 3/11 but do the teams that are eliminated along the way still stay at the resort in the bubble till the end or do they pack up and go home, leaving just the finalists at the hotel? Just trying to gauge how many teams will still be there around March 1st. Its just a curiosity thing and I know it won't impact our trip either way. Thanks.

MJ

This bus situation is weird. Yesterday morning the AK bus was empty and went straight to AK, this morning a bus just swung by and only had room for two couples. Maybe the tower gets some empty buses and if the other buses have empty space they swing by?

Alas bad bus morning. The MK line is at least 3 buses deep, park officially opens at 9am.

This bus situation is weird. Yesterday morning the AK bus was empty and went straight to AK, this morning a bus just swung by and only had room for two couples. Maybe the tower gets some empty buses and if the other buses have empty space they swing by?

Alas bad bus morning. The MK line is at least 3 buses deep, park officially opens at 9am.
I imagine it's going to get even busier and harder to get a bus at GDT now that Ranchos is open too. I really hope they fix this or add more buses....or something.

Once DD and I thought there would possibly be a brawl. The MK line wrapped up towards GDT entrance and a number of people were coming down the steps trying to insert themselves in the front of the line. The first bus didn't come to about 8:40-45ish (and we are at the bus stop 7:20-7:30 people because sometimes they do come at 7:45 as we've also experienced).

I hope you got on a bus shortly after posting! And have a fun day :)!

I imagine it's going to get even busier and harder to get a bus at GDT now that Ranchos is open too. I really hope they fix this or add more buses....or something.

Once DD and I thought there would possibly be a brawl. The MK line wrapped up towards GDT entrance and a number of people were coming down the steps trying to insert themselves in the front of the line. The first bus didn't come to about 8:40-45ish (and we are at the bus stop 7:20-7:30 people because sometimes they do come at 7:45 as we've also experienced).

I hope you got on a bus shortly after posting! And have a fun day :)!
OMG that’s crazy!!

I bailed at took a Lyft to TTC. Next bus wasn’t due for another 20 mins and I knew I wouldn’t make it on. Only regret is I waited at all, should have grabbed the rideshare as soon as I saw the line. (Which was not as long as when you saw it, holy cow!)

I'm not sure all of CSR is opening yet? I think they are only using Ranchos and Cabanas while Casitas are being used by NBA.

Then I think would go back to just Tower and Casitas, but I can't say for sure.

OMG that’s crazy!!

I bailed at took a Lyft to TTC. Next bus wasn’t due for another 20 mins and I knew I wouldn’t make it on. Only regret is I waited at all, should have grabbed the rideshare as soon as I saw the line. (Which was not as long as when you saw it, holy cow!)
I should clarify :). I'm not sure it actually reached GDT, but wrapped up the ramp to where we couldn't see people getting on the line anymore quite a while before any buses came.

You took one for the team! On our AK day, a group behind us bailed at about 8:30 and we all joked that as soon as they left, that would trigger a bus to come (also finally arrived around the 8:45 mark).

I'm not sure all of CSR is opening yet? I think they are only using Ranchos and Cabanas while Casitas are being used by NBA.

Then I think would go back to just Tower and Casitas, but I can't say for sure.
Do you think they'd close Ranchos and maybe Cabanas back up? I guess I figured once they opened, they opened (and maybe delay Movies another month)? I'm not sure logistically which would be more efficient and cost-effective?

I should clarify :). I'm not sure it actually reached GDT, but wrapped up the ramp to where we couldn't see people getting on the line anymore quite a while before any buses came.

You took one for the team! On our AK day, a group behind us bailed at about 8:30 and we all joked that as soon as they left, that would trigger a bus to come (also finally arrived around the 8:45 mark).

Do you think they'd close Ranchos and maybe Cabanas back up? I guess I figured once they opened, they opened (and maybe delay Movies another month)? I'm not sure logistically which would be more efficient and cost-effective?

Honestly, I have no clue at all! 😂

I'm just thinking they were keeping everyone in one spot for logistic reasons. If they have enough people booking to open up the entire resort, then I would imagine they would have to open the food court, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be in the cards for now.

Honestly, I have no clue at all! 😂

I'm just thinking they were keeping everyone in one spot for logistic reasons. If they have enough people booking to open up the entire resort, then I would imagine they would have to open the food court, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be in the cards for now.
I think they’ll keep Ranchos open. So far they have not closed anything they’ve reopened unless they’re refurbishing it. I think their must be pretty steep costs associated with reopening parts of the hotels the creates a reluctance to close again.

I had an issue in my room Sat night and in talking with the staff the hotel was filled up for the night so demand does materialize every once in a while. Parking lot appeared decently full at GDT. That said idk what “filled up” means in COVID disney context.

ETA: that food court situation is sad. They don’t even have French fries, like c’mon. Turn on a fryer & quit cheaping out with a bag of Lay’s!... that said I absolutely believe they are doing this to goose their per guest tabs pushing folks to Rix & 3 Bridges.

I think they’ll keep Ranchos open. So far they have not closed anything they’ve reopened unless they’re refurbishing it. I think their must be pretty steep costs associated with reopening parts of the hotels the creates a reluctance to close again.

I had an issue in my room Sat night and in talking with the staff the hotel was filled up for the night so demand does materialize every once in a while. Parking lot appeared decently full at GDT. That said idk what “filled up” means in COVID disney context.

Well I'm going by what @GADisneyDad14 posted about the Casitas holding around 1000 guests and the other two much less. So while Casitas is being used by NBA, they have to use the other two.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they have demand yet when the NBA leaves to open up the rest of the resort.

Is there any place in the hotel to buy bottled water and snacks for the room? Has anyone used Instacart? If so what grocery store did you use?

Is there any place in the hotel to buy bottled water and snacks for the room? Has anyone used Instacart? If so what grocery store did you use?
At the airport, I picked up 2 liters of water to get us started since I didn't know what it would be like without refillable mugs or how much it would cost to buy at the gift shop. Also had packed individual containers of peanut butter and jelly I had at home to get us started. Those must have been confiscated by TSA though since we never did find them LOL (I didn't think to put them in ziplock bags. TSA left my bread intact, so we were good there. Although, that was in a ziplock bag haha.)

Was able to pick up some peanut butter, jelly, and snacks at Panchito's. They had a small selection of snacks and refrigerated foods, milk, bread, etc as well. Originally I was going to order groceries from Amazon but we were able to get what we needed there since we had spent so much time in the parks.

Someone else posted here that GDT was one of the last stops and the buses always were fairly full. I couldn't imagine paying premium for the tower only to have to wait around like that. MAYBE things have changed though, the comment is buried in here.

Are you guys requesting which areas you want to stay in when booking? I noticed some people on another post saying they did. If so do you guys have favorite areas?

Are you guys requesting which areas you want to stay in when booking? I noticed some people on another post saying they did. If so do you guys have favorite areas?
What type of room? We normally book standard and have stayed in all three areas. I like Cabanas the best, personally, but we also drive and don't take the bus. Casitas is nice when you depend on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter