Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. We've stayed at the Swan a couple of times and like the location and the restaurants, the rest of the resort is just, as my 12-year-old would say, "meh."

The only downside to CSR is bus only.

But...it's just two of us, so by the time we go in end of October, maybe if social distancing restrictions ease, when the bus gets to Gran Destino we can squeeze on with standing room only! Taking the CTA in Chicago, we can fit in some tight spaces! :D

I keep reading it's short rides to all the parks once you leave the resort...

Had some reshuffling of travel plans so I’m back to CSR from Swan for this upcoming weekend. Better price, G League minimal impact reports and staying in my Disney bubble dragged me back- well dragged is a bit of an exaggeration... is it weird I’m more excited for GDT than I was for Swan? 🤣

I’ll try to remember to check back here this weekend if anyone has any q’s about current ops 😃
Have a great trip!!

I've never stayed at Swan, but I think I'd be more excited too, lol. :D

We did price out Swan for our trip a couple of weeks ago to do a split stay, but CSR was a way better deal.

But...it's just two of us, so by the time we go in end of October, maybe if social distancing restrictions ease, when the bus gets to Gran Destino we can squeeze on with standing room only! Taking the CTA in Chicago, we can fit in some tight spaces! :D

We've stayed at CSR a handful of times. We've never had issues with buses there and it is a very centrally located resort. It's easy to get to all the parks from, which makes it a favorite when we're driving ourselves on property.

But...it's just two of us, so by the time we go in end of October, maybe if social distancing restrictions ease, when the bus gets to Gran Destino we can squeeze on with standing room only! :D

Rides feel super quick.

My teen and I squeezed on this past trip with social distancing because it was just two of us, the bus driver went down the line (we were fourth in line) and sought out a group of two. Took one couple, then he came back and sought out another group of two which was us, I guess he found more space lol.

This happened on an earlier trip last year too. Felt kind of like CMs trying to fill attractions in the old days ;)

So here now and just met driver for my Instacart order from Publix. The order was exactly what I wanted and packed well. I got text messages from the girl who “shopped” for me than text messages from driver when he was on his way. A 20% tip was added to my order along with delivery charge and service charge and yet the driver obviously expected to be tipped when he dropped off order and within 2 min of his driving away I got a text message from Publix asking for a rating of service and asking for another tip! So do they actually expect you to tip 3X??!

View attachment 552725
I’ve used Instacart a lot at home. It’s a standard text that allows you to rate your experience. Usually the driver is the shopper. I’ve never heard of a different driver. And I’ve never heard of a driver expecting a tip. But that text is also allowing you to change your tip amount. A 20% tip isn’t required. I’ve changed mine to 10% when I wasn’t happy with the service.

The drive inside the resort isn't too bad, either. It's large, but all in a circle. It doesn't drive me nuts like going through OKW or SSR where you keep turning around.

Does the Gran Destino lobby use a different scent for Christmas or the holidays? We stayed there January 5-13 and loved the scent. I googled it and the scent notes didn’t sound like what we smelled but when we got home we ordered the scent in a candle from a small business. I know they aren’t associated with Disney so it won’t be exact but I have ordered the Contemporary scent from this company and it’s spot on. However, the Gran Destino one smells nothing like what we smelled in January. If it’s different, does anyone know what the scent notes for the holidays are? Thanks!

Does the Gran Destino lobby use a different scent for Christmas or the holidays? We stayed there January 5-13 and loved the scent. I googled it and the scent notes didn’t sound like what we smelled but when we got home we ordered the scent in a candle from a small business. I know they aren’t associated with Disney so it won’t be exact but I have ordered the Contemporary scent from this company and it’s spot on. However, the Gran Destino one smells nothing like what we smelled in January. If it’s different, does anyone know what the scent notes for the holidays are? Thanks!

Hmmm... we were there over Thanksgiving and I would have pegged the lobby scent as the same as other times. BUT, I can’t say that with 100% certainly, so don’t take that as gospel.

I also have not known/experienced/read of Disney changing resort scents for the holidays, but I guess it could be possible.

Sorry that’s not much help.

We arrive 2/21 - 2/24 and I booked a standard room. With the G league - am I understanding that only Cabana's and the tower is open? What buildings are the standard rooms in? We usually do DVC but ran out of points! So we are only doing 3 nights at SSR. We haven't stayed here in a very long time.

From the looks of things the G-League has taken over Casitas - I think all of it if I'm not mistaken. Non-tower guests are being put in Cabanas. So far Ranchos hasn't been used - seems occupancy isn't at a point where it's needed.

If you haven't, read up on the food options that are open, if a concern for you. One of the more common 'complaints' since reopening is that El Mercado (the main quick service option) is only serving light grab/go items and only breakfast/lunch at the moment. So keep tabs on what's open and the hours in case you plan to do a lot of dining at the resort.

Enjoy your trip!

We are staying here for the first time in April (not near Easter though). We should be at the Cabanas and plan on using the bus or Uber to travel around the parks, resorts, and DS.

If we want to get to parks early, should we walk to the casitas area or will we be okay to wait at cabanas? I’d hate to get up early to have a full bus drive by but save our walking for the parks if it won’t matter at that hour. Thank you!

We are staying here for the first time in April (not near Easter though). We should be at the Cabanas and plan on using the bus or Uber to travel around the parks, resorts, and DS.

If we want to get to parks early, should we walk to the casitas area or will we be okay to wait at cabanas? I’d hate to get up early to have a full bus drive by but save our walking for the parks if it won’t matter at that hour. Thank you!

Hi there. Just wanted to note that by April with the G-League gone and presumably no other bubble events, they might go back to only putting non-tower guests in Casitas and leave Cabanas/Ranchos unoccupied. TBD of course, but something to keep an eye on.

I’ll let other folks chime in on your transportation question.

Hi there. Just wanted to note that by April with the G-League gone and presumably no other bubble events, they might go back to only putting non-tower guests in Casitas and leave Cabanas/Ranchos unoccupied. TBD of course, but something to keep an eye on.

I’ll let other folks chime in on your transportation question.
Thank you! I didn’t know the casitas were a possibility so we will wait and see 🤞.

Anyone happen to know if you can still walk up and get to go orders from Rix? Or was just an early after reopening thing?

Thank you.

Thread peeps...

As things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc. And as has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a CSR thread refresh as the info in the first few posts is woefully out of date given the changes the resort has seen over the last few years.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the “keeper” of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago before the blog/YouTube era, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, help guide the ship, etc.

Thanks all!

Thread peeps...

As things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc. And as has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a CSR thread refresh as the info in the first few posts is woefully out of date given the changes the resort has seen over the last few years.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the “keeper” of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago before the blog/YouTube era, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, help guide the ship, etc.

Thanks all!

Maybe after my stay in October! :D

But much thanks to anyone who decides to do volunteer, this is one of my "go to" threads!

I just received my room assignment for tonight's arrival - Ranchos 7B. So, they must be somewhat busier this weekend, since we're in the Ranchos!

Thanks for the report!

I guess that makes sense if we stop to look at the numbers. Casitas is massive (approx 1,000 rooms) relative to Cabanas (approx 240) and Ranchos (approx 635). So from that perspective I guess using Ranchos and Cabanas makes sense (I have not previously stopped to think about room counts).

I booked a water view room in the tower knowing full well the dining options available. But I was able to get a 45% room discount (Disney visa) that was too good to pass up. Not a fan of what El Mercado is offering at this time but I know I can definitely find some great options at Three bridges, Rix sports bar and grill or Siestas pool bar. If I get bored with those, it only take a few minutes to grab a Lyft and go elsewhere. To be honest, most of the Deluxe resorts have very few quick service options that's why we switched to the Riviera from Yacht club on the second portion of our split stay.
When are you going that you got a 45% discount? I have a Disney visa, where do I see deals lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter