• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re at the tower because the kid’s normal choice of Cabanas is closed. It’s really nice to be able to take the elevator all the way to the lower level and grab coffee & egg bites and muffins for the kids and then head out to the bus. I also didn’t realize how dark moderate rooms are when you keep your drapes pulled so that people can’t just stare into your room.... but we also have virtual learning in the mornings!

Hoping to get some insight here. I’m going to switch over to CSR from CBR for our April ‘21 trip after reading about the nightmarish situation with buses and skyliner at CBR. Trying to decide between standard room, preferred, or standard tower. Really, ease of transportation is my top priority. Then maybe ease of picking up a quick coffee in the morning, but not a huge deal because we’re rope droppers and typically do not eat much more than a granola bar and coffee in the morning. It would be nice to save a little money by just going standard room, but if the overall vibe at the tower makes transportation and food options easier, then I’m all about it. Thanks!

We’re at the tower because the kid’s normal choice of Cabanas is closed. It’s really nice to be able to take the elevator all the way to the lower level and grab coffee & egg bites and muffins for the kids and then head out to the bus. I also didn’t realize how dark moderate rooms are when you keep your drapes pulled so that people can’t just stare into your room.... but we also have virtual learning in the mornings!

Did you book in the tower or did you get upgraded there?

I knew of the Coronado Springs resort but that Gran Destino wasn’t on my radar. Watched a couple recent utube videos of that tower and grounds. Oh my!! The interior architectural design is spectacular! The views it has are outstanding. It all looked amazing at night. Bravo Disney. I can’t wait to see it in person someday.

If you Google "DVC rentals" you will find websites for some of the brokers that rent out DVC points from owners. There are a couple of main ones, but I can't remember which ones are and are not allowed to be linked to here. Some people also rent directly from individual DVC owners without using a broker.
Thanks 😊

Hope okay to share!

If you are weird like me and like to watch hotel walkthroughs, here are two from CSR - one during the day and one at night! These were filmed right after opening, so it's empty!

I love the night one especially, it's so pretty there. Filmed by 4KWDW - no talking, just the ambient noise, I love it!

Enjoy! :D

I knew of the Coronado Springs resort but that Gran Destino wasn’t on my radar. Watched a couple recent utube videos of that tower and grounds. Oh my!! The interior architectural design is spectacular! The views it has are outstanding. It all looked amazing at night. Bravo Disney. I can’t wait to see it in person someday.

ha I just read this! Are the two videos I linked the ones you watched?

Our first night was not that great, the room was next to all the ac units and the fridge was hot.. they came to fix it and it had been unplugged .
Then had to be replaced. Went to take shower and the bodywaah came out with red streaks in it.... the metal had rusted.
We told them just because the room was cleaned in march doesnt mean it's ready now..
We were in building 5... then we moved to the tower

Last edited:
Is the bus stop that is outside and to the right of CSR lobby still open or has it been replaced by the bus stop at the tower? I'm wondering what bus stop will be good to use when staying in casita rooms that are closer to lobby than the bus stop out by the parking lot.

I'm back from a 2-night stay - standard room in Casitas 4. It was... okay. Not stellar, not awful. My room was clean, but I think they really need to check the plumbing in buildings/rooms that haven't been used since March: my tub/shower only produced a trickle of very hot water, or a full force of cold water - there was no way to make it do a mix. I didn't find that out until I was getting ready for bed night 1: I was only there 2 nights so I didn't want to waste time moving to a new room, nor did I want workers coming in, so I just lived with it. But I reported the problem before I left. Hopefully it gets looked at!

The food situation was not great. Again, for my short say I made it work, but limited menus plus limited locations plus food allergies/special diet would make it extremely difficult to eat over a longer trip. I had dinner at Three Bridges one night and it was weird... they were not seating every table, but the table right in front of me was seated, and seats at the bar right behind me were seated - tables to their sides and my sides were left empty. I'm not sure that's how distancing is supposed to work? But we were outdoors(ish) and we all kept on our masks until we were actively eating, so I guess it was okay. I don't think I'd do it again, TBH, but I'm more risk averse than some. I was able to get a bottle of milk at the gift shop, but they did not have individual cartons for sale. I'd swear the shop had less inventory of food and snack items than it did in normal times, which strikes me as odd, given that the QS options aren't available.

I drove to the parks and didn't use buses, so can't comment on that. Grounds were clean and beautiful, as always. I was - happily! - not charged parking; no idea why, but I'll take it! I really do not love the Casitas section, so not having Cabanas or Ranchos open was disappointing I have another CSR stay booked for Dec., but I'll probably move offsite; there just isn't enough going for me to pay the upcharge for CSR, unless more opens up.

I can see how the limited dining is turn off for people.

I was kind of put off too at first, but then was gently reminded that we rarely ever eat counter-service at the resort. We eat b-fast in the room (bagels, fruit, etc.), snack around parks and then do a sit down at night in parks (mostly Epcot). We go to Disney Springs a few nights each trip too. Or counter service in the parks.

So for us having the option of a sit down breakfast at Rix if we are in the mood, and dinner at Rix or Three Bridges if we stay at resort for dinner will be just fine.

Honestly, all I wanted was there to be evening cocktail options and we've got them!

But I do hope the quick service returns soon for everyone. :)

Last edited:
Generally speaking, how is the noise level at night from a water view room? Any particular areas of CSR I should request for the least amount of foot traffic outside my room?

I'm a bit cautious after being placed in a room above Whispering Canyon Cafe (DWL) during our last stay at WDW... :crutches:

The first MK bus arrived at Casitas at 7:31am on Friday. It made all four internal stops, Made it to the MK at 7:53am and the bus was held outside the depot until 7:59am. We were through temp check at 8:04am, through bag check at 8:06am, through the tapstiles at 8:10am, and in line for Big Thunder at 8:18am. Ride opened at 8:49am.

For the return, we were at bus stop #18 at 8:27pm, bus arrived at 8:38pm, and we were back in the room at 8:56pm.

The first MK bus arrived at Casitas at 7:31am on Friday. It made all four internal stops, Made it to the MK at 7:53am and the bus was held outside the depot until 7:59am. We were through temp check at 8:04am, through bag check at 8:06am, through the tapstiles at 8:10am, and in line for Big Thunder at 8:18am. Ride opened at 8:49am.

For the return, we were at bus stop #18 at 8:27pm, bus arrived at 8:38pm, and we were back in the room at 8:56pm.
Thank you!
We leave in less than 2 weeks and this is so helpful to know for our MK days.

Reactions: fbb

Are there people staying in the areas besides GDT and Casitas? I had read they were currently only being placed in those sections, so I'm curious about the bus making the other stops.

Are there people staying in the areas besides GDT and Casitas? I had read they were currently only being placed in those sections, so I'm curious about the bus making the other stops.

No one is staying there; don’t know why he stopped.

Today, at the Casitas stop at 6:48am, AK bus arrived at 6:55am. Only stopped at Casitas and GDT. Arrived at AK at 7:10am and through the tapstiles at 7:18am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter