• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have a trip booked there in late December, and I'm worried if El Mercado is not open. We are not fancy dinner people and we are vegetarians, so I'm really not willing to spend the money for table service restaurants with only one vegetarian option. I hope it opens before we go. I guess we can just plan to eat most of our meals in the parks, though my husband and son are likely to want a late night snack.

That seems totally crazy that they're not opening the food court.

I agree 100%.. I was planning to get items for our refrigerator at the Cafe Rix or El Mercado de Coronado.... that makes no sense... No place to go & get orange juice, snacks, milk, cereal packets, etc... There is no room service.. So, where do you get breakfast?
I was about to pay off my visit today.. But now I am rethinking this whole vacation. First time back in 7 years & they are not even opening the food court.. I knew there was no room service now.. But no food court?

It seems like I may need to rethink breakfast options. Does the type of coffee pot allow me to fix just a cup of hot water?

It seems like I may need to rethink breakfast options. Does the type of coffee pot allow me to fix just a cup of hot water?

Yes, it is a Keurig.. Just don't put in the Keurig pod.. I do it with my Keurig all the time if I want a cup of hot water for tea.. But man.. this is really rubbing me the wrong way.. Not opening the Cafe Rix or El Mercado de Coronado is ridiculous. I am glad I have not made final payment yet.
No room service AND no Cafe Rix or El Mercado de Coronado... not excited at all.
I knew making the reservation there was no room service, but I thought at least you would have a food court or small shop to get snacks/juice/etc... I would rather have those 2 open than the sit down restaurants. At least the pool snack area is going to be open.. But at this point.. I don't know what to do.
Yes.. You can uber to a store or have items delivered... But the reason you stay on Disney property is to NOT have to do this.

I agree 100%.. I was planning to get items for our refrigerator at the Cafe Rix or El Mercado de Coronado.... that makes no sense... No place to go & get orange juice, snacks, milk, cereal packets, etc... There is no room service.. So, where do you get breakfast?
I was about to pay off my visit today.. But now I am rethinking this whole vacation. First time back in 7 years & they are not even opening the food court.. I knew there was no room service now.. But no food court?

Maybe they will set up those items somewhere else, like the gift shop? Move a cooler or two in there.

Not sure how the Rix Sports Bar & Grill can possibly the large number of guests who will be looking for food!!! Also at this point you can’t even make a reservation.

I just chatted with a Disneyworld cast member ...
I was told...
Ok, that's not an official Walt Disney World® website. We always recommend getting your information from our website directly or our blog. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is not scheduled to reopen until October 14. We have not released any information on what amenities will be open.

Last edited:
That's why we chose Gran Destino - all those lounges! Even if the parks are still closing early, it gives a lot of options at night at the hotel. :)

I was struck by this too when we first stayed there last October. Lots of bar/lounge/dining options, inside, outside, casual or more fine dining. I was there on a no kids trip with DW and we loved all the evening options around the resort.

I’m very excited to finally try this resort AND it works out perfect because my son will be 21. I kept thinking what will we do if the parks close early. Then it clicked.....we can hit up the bars and lounges! Perfect timing.

I just chatted with a Disneyworld cast member ...
I was told...
Ok, that's not an official Walt Disney World® website. We always recommend getting your information from our website directly or our blog. Disney's Coronado Springs Resort is not scheduled to reopen until October 14. We have not released any information on what amenities will be open.

I hope then the places you want to be open are open!

I just think looking at all the other resorts open with limited to very limited options, CSR may follow suit. Seems silly to keep counter service closed, that's why I think they must have other plans if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter