• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahlia was closed this evening and is rumored to be the location of the electrical problems, according to a guy in the elevator.
We had some problems getting a room and ended up in a Deluxe suite (just lovely). We rode the elevator with a manager (didn't know that at the time) and I gave a brief synopsis our issues, laughing about it all. She upgraded us further to club access. We didn't have time to enjoy it this evening, unfortunately. We'll visit for breakfast and before we leave. My "take it easy" day was a bit of a mess!
We enjoyed Toledo and I can highly recommend the savory churros and scallops! Our server was a gem.

Edit: we got the 3rd & final room at around 730pm. I ended up moving dinner back 4 times, with 9pm as our final ADR. Getting luggage up, 4 people showered, lightly ironing clothes for a less disheveled look, and we just made it in time to check in... and wait for our table. What a comedy!

Last edited:
We have Coronado (not the tower) booked next week- our first time at that resort and I'm currently looking for another option. Our June trip was just one problem after another. Enough that we left early and I was thinking about cancelling our November trip. Then the AP preview for GE came out and we decided to give it another shot. I went with CSR instead of an AS, hoping to make everything as relaxing as possible without blowing up the budget and I am definitely second guessing that choice

The sky isn't falling. We've spent over 75 nights at CSR and the staff has always been great. Most accounts of the power outage said they were treated excellent and compensated fairly for the inconvenience. A transformer blowing is out of Disneys control.

IMO you don't need to worry.

Seems it was just the tower that was affected so not sure you need to worry. Different power grids most likely. We are staying there for the first time in 10 days. If I was a tower reservation we would move but casitas seem fine and we are looking forward to it.
The sky isn't falling. We've spent over 75 nights at CSR and the staff has always been great. Most accounts of the power outage said they were treated excellent and compensated fairly for the inconvenience. A transformer blowing is out of Disneys control.

IMO you don't need to worry.

Thank you for the reassurance. I'm not worried about loss of power as much as the effect it's having on common areas. Are they more crowded? Filled with grumpy families?
Not ruling out future CSR stays (and haven't changed ours, yet), but with only one full day and 2 partial days that we planned to spend at the resort, I just want to make the visit as smooth as possible.

A transformer blowing is out of Disneys control.

Maybe. Maybe not. We don’t know the exact circumstances of what happened or why. We do know Disney is responsible for building the tower, maintaining it and taking care of everyone who stays there. And the design is supposed to have redundancies and fail safes to ensure this doesn’t happen.

I’ve stayed at a fair number of new hotels including BLT shortly after opening. Never run into problems like these. Makes the initial complaints about BLT look trivial in comparison.

The power outage does seem an inconvenience - wouldn't deter me, I know Disney would do right by its guests, and it seems that has been the case here.

The issue of sound from the elevators has been brought up with regards to the Deluxe Suites. I would have to imagine the premium price these are going for, sound wouldn't be an issue?? Who would pay those rates if they were loud areas?

Do we know what the lake view Deluxe Suites wrap around on the right side, there are 3 blocks instead of the 6 on the left side where the elevators are, perhaps service elevators? Storage rooms? I see the stairway is there as well.

Do we know how Disney chooses if your Deluxe Suite is the L-Shaped version or the Triangle Shaped version? I don't see standard vs preferred options when booking. I have a Deluxe Suite booked for Thanksgiving, they sure do look nice from the YouTube videos that are out there now. :)

Arrived on Tuesday during the aftermath of the outage. Did not receive a room until after 9pm. No compensation offered but to be fair I didn’t ask- by that point I was just happy to have a room. The bus situation tho is horrible. I finally started walking over to casitas to catch a bus in the morning. And long long lines to catch a bus back from every park. I would prob not stay here again because of bus situation alone unless it improves.

Arrived on Tuesday during the aftermath of the outage. Did not receive a room until after 9pm. No compensation offered but to be fair I didn’t ask- by that point I was just happy to have a room. The bus situation tho is horrible. I finally started walking over to casitas to catch a bus in the morning. And long long lines to catch a bus back from every park. I would prob not stay here again because of bus situation alone unless it improves.

Was it just yesterday the lines were bad in the morning? Today you walked to Casitas?

Long lines and long waits? Or did a bus come regularly but there were just so many people in line at parks that it took long?

Uh oh. That’s a major problem for me. I hate to hear that. Hopefully people will complain on trip advisor about it to get their attention.

I’m supposed to be there the week before Christmas. I was also considering SSR and I was worried about the busses over there. Seems I was worried about the wrong resort. 😬

I'm considering switching resorts for our 5 night tower stay next month. Not because of the power outage but because of the bus issue and the lack of mug stations in the tower.
And to be honest, I think I want something that feels more "disney"

I've been feeling exactly the same way. We don't get to come to WDW often, and while the Tower looks beautiful- I wouldn't hestiate to stay anywhere outside of Disney, I think we would really prefer something more Disney while at Disney. The bus issues are really concerning, as we are going at a very busy time and only have 5 nights over Thanksgiving week. I think I'm going to go price out / see what resorts are left/available - as our options to switch.

Do we know how Disney chooses if your Deluxe Suite is the L-Shaped version or the Triangle Shaped version? I don't see standard vs preferred options when booking. I have a Deluxe Suite booked for Thanksgiving, they sure do look nice from the YouTube videos that are out there now. :)
At GF main building deluxe king rooms have two totally different rooms for same category. One is octagon shaped , large walkin closet and NO balcony. The other one is on its own floor, has a balcony with view of castle and a soaker tub.

You can request one but not guaranteed. It all goes down to who checking in or leaving when you arrive.

I just emailed requesting the triangle version. If you don't ask they wont know what you prefer.

Fingers are crossed because its still a 50/50 split I will get what i want. However in the end it wont matter, Ill be at DISNEY!

Last edited:
Was it just yesterday the lines were bad in the morning? Today you walked to Casitas?

Long lines and long waits? Or did a bus come regularly but there were just so many people in line at parks that it took long?
Since the tower stop is last on the route the buses usually arrive at the stop full (in peak times). I don’t mind standing on the bus but sometimes standing room is full too. This has been the case for most of my morning trips. Last night at the magic kingdom we waited almost an hour for a bus to come. Compared to other resorts- Coronado had the biggest crowd waiting. It seems like they are trying to run the usual routes without taking into consideration the high amount of extra guests from the tower.

I've been feeling exactly the same way. We don't get to come to WDW often, and while the Tower looks beautiful- I wouldn't hestiate to stay anywhere outside of Disney, I think we would really prefer something more Disney while at Disney. The bus issues are really concerning, as we are going at a very busy time and only have 5 nights over Thanksgiving week. I think I'm going to go price out / see what resorts are left/available - as our options to switch.
Exactly how I feel. It looks beautiful and I'm sure the view is amazing but it doesn't look like "Disney" to me. We can switch to POR or POP for the same price so we will probably do one of those. I'm leaning toward the Royal rooms at POR.
We could do the mermaid rooms at AoA too but we want queen beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter