Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter asked to go back to CSR. She really enjoyed the pool area and the walk round the lake. We had stayed at POFQ previously but she preferred CSR.

Question... was looking over the first page.... Is there free wifi for the guests? It's states a charge but not sure if that's because it has conventions here etc or if this has not yet been updated. TIA

I plan to spend part of my stay in September at CSR and was wondering if there are any benefits of staying at Casitas 4 or 5 as opposed to one of the Cabanas buildings--aside from the distance to the amenities? Thanks for any info:).

We are going November 19th. Wondering how far they will be in the refurb by then and what sections will be done so we know which area to request. We would really love to be in Casitas 1 or 3 since we were way back in Ranchos last time and didn't like the long walk for our morning coffee.:coffee:

@Crazy Kanga - Casitas is likely to be the last section refurbished (and casitas 1-3 are preferred buildings).

My guess would be that three buildings may be finished by November: 7A (open now), 8A (currently in progress), and 8B (possibly next).

Or they could be doing one building from each section at a time. Such as one Ranchos building, then one Cabanas building, then one Casitas building, the back to Ranchos for another building, and so on.
Who knows?

Does anyone know where the elevators are located in each of the buildings? Are they at one end of the building or in the middle of the buildings?
If I remember correctly when we checked into Cabanas area she specifically told us there were no elevators. I don't know if this is the case in Casitas or Ranchos though.

All buildings have elevators except the 4th floor of casita 2. To access that floor you have to use the elevator in casita 3 or 1

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY] We just got in and were assigned a newly remodeled room. I think they are very nice. Much more upscale but still in theme with the resort.

Wow these are looking to be competing against some deluxe resort rooms. The only difference is no personal balcony.

I really do think Disney is trying to step away from categorizing the rooms (value, moderate, deluxe).

Also - I notice that they're renovating rooms with hardwood floors now instead of carpets. Copper Creek Villas, Yacht Club, Pop Century, and now Coronado all will have hardwood floors.

Looks like Poly (studios) were the last to get carpets in the room.

I really do think Disney is trying to step away from categorizing the rooms (value, moderate, deluxe).

Rumor is that they are getting away from those levels and will be going with geographic categories. MK area, Epcot area, etc.

We've booked a trip for Coronado Springs next year, however slightly worried about the size of the resort in comparison to our last trip and staying in Port Orleans French Quarter. Long story short we liked the small resort size which made transportation, dining, etc. much easier and less crowded. Want to try a different resort but will we enjoy Coronado as much?

We've booked a trip for Coronado Springs next year, however slightly worried about the size of the resort in comparison to our last trip and staying in Port Orleans French Quarter. Long story short we liked the small resort size which made transportation, dining, etc. much easier and less crowded. Want to try a different resort but will we enjoy Coronado as much?
My DH and I stayed at CS for the first time in the last week of April this year. Two years ago we stayed at PORS.
In comparison I would choose CS over PORS. It was a quieter resort all around, very serene and not crowded feeling. This resort just sparkles. Construction was completely unobtrusive at that time also. We stayed in Cabanas 8B.
The only catch, at both places, was being close to the commissary area.

Can anyone tell me how CSR is for someone who will need to telecommute? He'll need good internet and will be using three separate devices.

Thanks!

We stayed at 6 WDW properties this last trip (don't ask) and at all of them the WiFi would stop but re- login automatically and very quickly.

Can someone who has stayed (or will stay) in one of the newly refurbished rooms please show us a picture of the inside of the wardrobe and the medicine cabinet?
I am curious to see how much room we will have. We are arriving on the 13th of August and have always stayed at CSR for the last 9 years.

Can someone who has stayed (or will stay) in one of the newly refurbished rooms please show us a picture of the inside of the wardrobe and the medicine cabinet?
I am curious to see how much room we will have. We are arriving on the 13th of August and have always stayed at CSR for the last 9 years.
Under beds is 14" tall completely open under bed.
Fridge is 19" tall 17" deep
Closet- hanging area- 53 1/2" tall 27" wide 21" deep
Closet- upper cubbie- 17" tall 27" wide 21" deep
Closet- lower cubbie- 12" tall 22" wide 21" deep
Safe- 17" tall 5 3/4" wide 5 1/2" deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter