Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't until the 6th day I realized that the bus arrival time was on the app.

That's great to see this feature working in the app. Disney didn't turn it on after reopening last summer and this is the first time I've seen a report of it working. It's a great feature when it's on/working!

Oh man.

I sure hope Barcelona Lounge is back to normal by October. I was looking at pictures again and I just want to sit there with a glass of wine! And I would love to be able to eat in Toledo, it's so beautiful...

Get lost Covid!

Oh man.

I sure hope Barcelona Lounge is back to normal by October. I was looking at pictures again and I just want to sit there with a glass of wine! And I would love to be able to eat in Toledo, it's so beautiful...

Get lost Covid!

I know it's not really Disney's style and I'm guessing demand doesn't really warrant it, but I sometimes wish Disney would get a little more "aggressive" with their outdoor pandemic accommodations at certain places. Somewhere like Barcelona is a perfect example. Ok, you don't want to have an open lobby bar with people all over drinking with no masks - fine, I get it/agree with it. But set up some outdoor tables and seating surfaces in the giant fake grass area right outside Barcelona - make use of the abundant outdoor space you have! Give the people their daytime cocktails somewhere other than Siestas!

Sorry, back off my soap box.

I know it's not really Disney's style and I'm guessing demand doesn't really warrant it, but I sometimes wish Disney would get a little more "aggressive" with their outdoor pandemic accommodations at certain places. Somewhere like Barcelona is a perfect example. Ok, you don't want to have an open lobby bar with people all over drinking with no masks - fine, I get it/agree with it. But set up some outdoor tables and seating surfaces in the giant fake grass area right outside Barcelona - make use of the abundant outdoor space you have! Give the people their daytime cocktails somewhere other than Siestas!

That is a brilliant idea!

That's an excellent idea!

They should at least open that outside kiosk bar near there during the early to late afternoon? (I think there is one, maybe closer to El Centro)

And yes, set up more seating on the lawn. Some of those wicker chairs with bright pillows...would be awesome. :D

Morning! I surprised DH yesterday so I'm here for the next couple nights if anyone wants specific info/pics. They surprised us when I got here with a suite upgrade, will post photos this evening.

Pretty empty here, I'm downstairs having coffee and it's super peaceful. So foggy you can't see the water though! :)

Wandering MK on my FB/IG stories today too.

View attachment 552334

View attachment 552335
Lucky you! Awesome upgrade!

Thank you for the info. I switched from POP to a CRS standard due to the great rates for 2-6. Then I found about the basketball players being there. Does the tower have their own outdoor pool and counter service? How far is the walk from the tower to the signature pool?
Lucky you! Awesome upgrade!

Thank you for the info. I switched from POP to a CRS standard due to the great rates for 2-6. Then I found about the basketball players being there. Does the tower have their own outdoor pool and counter service? How far is the walk from the tower to the signature pool?

Here's a map of CSR: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Gran Destino Tower does not have its own pool, although all CSR/GDT guests can use any of the resort's pools.

CSR's signature/feature pool (The Dig Site pool) is located effectively in the "middle" of the resort. The walk from the Tower to the Dig Site pool is roughly 3-5'ish mins, depending on your speed.

Wait so El Mercado is not open for dinner?
On the website, it is listed as closing at 12:30 p.m., so no, no dinner.

Honestly, we love CSR, but when we stayed there over Thanksgiving we found the food situation there very challenging. I'm glad we had a car.

On the website, it is listed as closing at 12:30 p.m., so no, no dinner.

Honestly, we love CSR, but when we stayed there over Thanksgiving we found the food situation there very challenging. I'm glad we had a car.
Yeah we just stayed at kidani in September and it was twice as bad so this is an improvement over that by far. We have our car too but I’m thinking with the pool bar having a pretty decent selection we will be fine. I swore I saw last week a dinner menu posted. So it caught me off guard. We were upgraded for free from our original ASMO resort so I’m not complaining bit.

Yeah we just stayed at kidani in September and it was twice as bad so this is an improvement over that by far. We have our car too but I’m thinking with the pool bar having a pretty decent selection we will be fine. I swore I saw last week a dinner menu posted. So it caught me off guard. We were upgraded for free from our original ASMO resort so I’m not complaining bit.
You definitely saw it.
El Mercado was listed as open for breakfast and dinner, closed for lunch last week. (We only did breakfast there once and didn't try for dinner).

You definitely saw it.
El Mercado was listed as open for breakfast and dinner, closed for lunch last week. (We only did breakfast there once and didn't try for dinner).
I just think these last minute changes stink. We were booked at ASMO. Then they decide to push back the opening and moved us to POP. Then just monday sprung a last minute pool closure on us for the entire time we are there. We had planned 3 pool/ resort days and sorry but the 2 tiny quiet pools for the entire resort don’t make up for it. We are booked 11 days. With AOA being the only other value that meant that no values had main pools open. So I called and they moved us to CSR. Super excited still, but I know on Monday when I pulled menus up, I saw that as an option. Then today it’s gone. As long as there’s somewhere to grab hot food I don’t care. When we stayed at kidani there was nothing but cold, premade sandwiches at the pool bar, so this is still way better.

ok, so once again I reached out to Disney about my upcoming stay and once again the CM I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. He asked a few others and they all said they have not been notified that its a problem. I tried to explain to him that I literally have seen pictures that the NBA was there and being put in Casitas where my reservation is at. He tried to assure me that Disney would have already called me if it was a problem. Just so confused and a little worried/disappointed right now. How can it not be a problem? If your suppose to be in preferred king room, but those rooms are not available, why would they not reach out? I mentioned to him that being only 3 weeks away I just didn't want to be told last minute or when I show up, he again assured me that Disney didn't work like that, that they usually call within a month out if there is a problem. Anyway that's the latest. Sorry for venting, I'm a planning kind of person and it drives me crazy not knowing :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter