Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the construction going on now real unsightly? I'm thinking about booking a night there before we move to a villa. Thanks!

Well, that's subjective. They are constructing a 15 story tower and a restaurant in the middle of the lagoon. So, construction is abound. But none of the main facilities or amenities are shut down so none of it is intrusive. Really just an eyesore more than anything. You can see lots of photos on here or the Dis Unplugged did a recent video review which shows some of the construction as of February I believe.

Crossing my fingers the pool refurb doesn't affect us in May but feeling horrible for those of you that it ma affect later in the year.
I picked this hotel for our big family group going and already stressing the construction may not be the best so the pool closure may put me over the edge.

I think it's probably a personal matter. There is a giant tower building that is under construction and a crane in the middle of the lake. None of that bothered me when we were there a month ago. It definitely wouldn't have bothered me for one night. The interior of the main building was still in fantastic shape. All the food and amenities were available and for what it's worth it was incredibly clean. It was noticeably shiny inside. :) If you book a preferred room then you will be guaranteed one of the newly renovated rooms. We had a renovated room in Ranchos (not preferred) and we really liked the location. We were the furthest back you can go, but very close to a bus stop and I personally prefer the theme of the Ranchos area.
Thanks so much!

I just got off the phone with Disney and the CM I spoke to confirmed the pool refurbishment. I did try to switch our resort reservation but we were unable to due to our reservations being under the military discount and we need 3 rooms. There just wasn't anything available in our price range so we are sticking with CSR. We've stayed there before and it's a great resort and I'm still looking forward to staying there. Hopefully the quite pools won't be too crowded.

I just got off the phone with Disney and the CM I spoke to confirmed the pool refurbishment. I did try to switch our resort reservation but we were unable to due to our reservations being under the military discount and we need 3 rooms. There just wasn't anything available in our price range so we are sticking with CSR. We've stayed there before and it's a great resort and I'm still looking forward to staying there. Hopefully the quite pools won't be too crowded.
Did she say the dates?

Crossing my fingers the pool refurb doesn't affect us in May but feeling horrible for those of you that it ma affect later in the year.
I picked this hotel for our big family group going and already stressing the construction may not be the best so the pool closure may put me over the edge.

Did she say the dates?

All reliable sources are saying 9/4/18-12/12/18 for the main pool closure. I don't think its been officially announced by Disney, but I would rely on it at this point.

With the construction going on, I was thinking of requesting Casitas 3 thinking it would be the quickest walk to the dig site. Does that seem logical?

With the construction going on, I was thinking of requesting Casitas 3 thinking it would be the quickest walk to the dig site. Does that seem logical?

We were there in November and the closest to the dig site (in my opinion) was Cabanas 8A which was also super close to the front thanks to the new bridge! However, if you are preferred, then Cabanas is of course not preferred.

We were there in November and the closest to the dig site (in my opinion) was Cabanas 8A which was also super close to the front thanks to the new bridge! However, if you are preferred, then Cabanas is of course not preferred.
Thanks, yes we really like the Cabana area but our conference rooms are in the preferred buildings and I was not sure how the walk past the construction area would be.

Casitas 3 is a preferred building. So you would need to upgrade to a preferred room to reques this building if you're not already booked as preferred.

IMO, I still think Casitas 1 is a faster walk than 3. And 1 is closer to El Centro. But 3 is a faster walk to the bus stop.

Wondering if it would be worth it to switch to CSR for September over a Value. I hadn’t planned on spending time in the pool. But I’d like to check out some of their dining options.

A CM confirmed the Dig Site closure for 9/4 through 12/12 for me two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter