DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2

I would make sure to be on the balcony with him whenever he is out there. Always better to be safe then sorry. The view is fantastic so enjoy it with him!!!

Oh definately! He is only 2, so I will for sure be out there with him. I'm a bit afraid of heights so I'm wondering if I'm going to be having a heart attack out there with him if he starts jumping around. Does anyone have any good pictures of what the balconies look like so I can get an idea?

I have always wanted to stay at CR & with a MK view, it is a dream come true! I can't wait!

I would expect that disney made the balconies safe for people of all ages. But I woudn't rely on that totally. Kids can climb the darndest things. Those pictures look like that bars are pretty close together.

I will have a 15 month old when we go and I have no worries.

Relax......and have a great time.

Does anyone know what the hours are May 11-16? Just wondering- hopefully we can still get our french fries that we got everyday in 06 from the food and fun center.

-Jennifer

Does anyone know what the hours are May 11-16? Just wondering- hopefully we can still get our french fries that we got everyday in 06 from the food and fun center.

-Jennifer
When I read their menu on wdwinfo.com and allearsnet.com they don't have specific hours. On wdwinfo.com they say the hours "Varies with pool hours", however the best thing you could do is ask what their hours are when you arrive at the Contemporary.

We are staying at the Contemporary Resort on April 13-19 and were initially worried about is being particularly busy during the school holidays. We have been keeping a keen eye on developments on the fourth floor and are delighted that the Concourse Steakhouse plans have been delayed so we can visit it for a final time.

In England, many schools are taking only Good Friday (March 21st) as a school holiday and moving their main spring break (2 weeks) to April (circa 7-20th). Is this the same in the US or are most schools taking a traditional vacation around the Easter weekend?

That probably varies all over the place. Our school district is off March 20 to 24. My kids are in college and their spring break is the 24th to 28th.

Our tradition schools are out over Easter, so you should be ok. One site that I watch shows the week you are going as 7's and 8's as far as crowd levels. That is compared to 9's and 10's for Spring Break. Have a great trip!!:)

I was wondering if someone could tell me how the walk is from the south wing to the tower at the Contemporary.

We really want to stay there, I was just concerned about the arcade, food and monorail being a bit of a hassle, especially if raining or allowing my son to go to the arcade on his own.

Our second choice is WL, I like how it is all under one roof, but thinking the monorail will be worth the extra effort....:confused3

:cutie: Any thoughts appreciated sooooooo much! :cutie:

Staying in the Contemporary in 3 weeks. Wondering if it is possible to fish off of the banks of the lakes their on the Contemporary?

Thank you for any information you may have.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how the walk is from the south wing to the tower at the Contemporary.

We really want to stay there, I was just concerned about the arcade, food and monorail being a bit of a hassle, especially if raining or allowing my son to go to the arcade on his own.

Our second choice is WL, I like how it is all under one roof, but thinking the monorail will be worth the extra effort....:confused3

:cutie: Any thoughts appreciated sooooooo much! :cutie:
It's about a 5 minute or less walk.

Staying in the Contemporary in 3 weeks. Wondering if it is possible to fish off of the banks of the lakes their on the Contemporary?

Thank you for any information you may have.
I haven't ever read anything about doing that, so I am not sure if they have that. Maybe you should ask about it when you check-in, because I am sure you will get a better answer from a Cast Member.

32 Years later, and I'm headed back to the Contemporary! We are staying Tower/Lagoon view, and I wonder if anyone has any experience with the rooms - noise level, view, refrigerator... oh anything to hold me over until July when we are there. My own daughter is in second grade now, just as I was when I first went. I am more than excited! TIA for any info!

32 Years later, and I'm headed back to the Contemporary! We are staying Tower/Lagoon view, and I wonder if anyone has any experience with the rooms - noise level, view, refrigerator... oh anything to hold me over until July when we are there. My own daughter is in second grade now, just as I was when I first went. I am more than excited! TIA for any info!
My family and I stayed in a room facing Bay Lake back in December 2001 and I believe our room was on the 10th floor. As with all Tower rooms on either side it depends on where your room is as to what noise their might be. If your on the side where Chef Mickey's you might hear them singing from their, however I don't think it's that bad. If your on the side where the stores I don't think you will hear to much coming from there. As for the fridge it fits a lot of drinks and in the past my family and I have bought salads when the Food & Fun Center was still opened and kept them in there until we wanted to eat them.

We are planning a trip in March or June to WDW. We never really considered the CR, but this thread makes it sound like the place to be!
Are room rates lower in 08 than usual, due to construction? Obviously they will go up (as all resorts will) for 2009, but can anyone predict if there will be a significant price increase in 09?
Thanks!

Our tradition schools are out over Easter, so you should be ok. One site that I watch shows the week you are going as 7's and 8's as far as crowd levels. That is compared to 9's and 10's for Spring Break. Have a great trip!!:)

Where do you live? I hope that when we go back on April 4th-6th (short trip for my step-son's b-day) it won't be that busy. It's during the wonderful weeks of Disney. I know that around here, kids are out in March only. What web site are you going to for this info. I haven't seen one in over a year. Thanks!!

We are planning a trip in March or June to WDW. We never really considered the CR, but this thread makes it sound like the place to be!
Are room rates lower in 08 than usual, due to construction? Obviously they will go up (as all resorts will) for 2009, but can anyone predict if there will be a significant price increase in 09?
Thanks!
The rates are not lower due to the construction and if they were to be, then WDW would have to do that for every Resort that is under going renovations. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great example because of the renovations happening there.

Can anyone tell me in detail about the path between CR and MK? Is it safe at night? Well-lit? How long is the walk?

Tx!

Oh I have another question, how is the food at the Sand Bar? Is it a good place to get a counter service type meal? Are there tables there? Can you take it to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter