• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for all the info. That’s pretty disappointing about the housekeeping (although it’s great that you did receive it) and seems to run counter to the announcement about housekeeping returning to the deluxes.

What I learned about the Contemporary (just left) - Atrium Club- Bay View
  • Great housekeeping everyday. Ample towels. Couldn't tell if they did a complete strip of the beds at some point or not. Replenishment of the all toiletries.
  • Requested room furthest away from elevator (I know crazy, but we like) - got request - 4801. Great view of the pool area and bay. Balcony though was sloped and had pooling water our entire stay except one day when housekeeping must have swept it down the drain (that was elevated higher than where the water was pooling). We were directly above Chef Mickey's but I could only hear slight noise when in the bathroom sometimes (I have a noise pet peeve - that's why we like away from the elevators so we don't hear people coming and going when we stay in hotels). This slight noise from Chef Mickey's didn't bother me though. The loudest noise we heard one day was a cardinal that had got inside and was chirping like crazy as he was trying to find away out.
  • Received package of macarons and birthday balloons/card in room at check in.
  • Room ready at 1:45pm - did online check in and got text when ready.
  • Room had so much storage for our family of 4. The under bed storage was useful. So many plugs and lighting options throughout the room. Pullout sofa was a good size and suited 18 yr old. Loved the deep tub but found it to be a little slick -so watch your step.
  • Don't play on the fountain in the pool - lifeguards constantly telling kiddos to get off. Kudos to the lifeguards - watched a rescue in the pool when young one came down slide and couldn't recover to get head above water. Parents didn't seem to be in the pool and took a bit to even come over to the lifeguard/child after.
  • We never had a problem getting an elevator.
  • Laundry clean and nice to use, able to watch cycle on app.
  • Great drinks at the pool and nachos not too bad either
  • Only bus issue we had was Animal Kingdom and back. Bus didn't show up at all at CR after app said it would be there at a certain time. Others said one had showed up earlier but didn't stop to let people on. Maybe full from Wilderness Lodge?
  • Walk from MK nice but it did seemed longer in the heat of the afternoon :(
  • To me, there seemed to be lots of staff around. Everyone helpful.
  • I felt the Disney attention to "details" was there - towels at the door when you come back when it rained. Changing the door mats in the lobby it seemed daily so they were nice and clean. The public areas were tidy. All staff cheerful and eager to assist.
  • loved walking the pathway around the garden wing. The Garden Wing rooms seemed so peaceful. Loved the ones that faced the water. Bummer that not all have balconies.
  • Electric water parade was around 10:15- 10:20
Our biggest pain points had nothing to do with the performance (lack thereof) of Disney and Disney staff but rather - it was more about other guests and lack of general courtesy - but that is everywhere.

Just got back yesterday from two nights at the Contemporary (split stay with the Swan). Started off a little bumpy but actually LOVED the resort.

Check-in: When I did mobile check-in I was given no options for room requests or housekeeping. I did submit a room request through Touringplans for Tower, Bay Lake View, upper floor (10 or 11) away from elevators and Chef Mickey's. We arrived at 7:30 in the morning, planning on parking at the Contemporary and walking to MK for early morning hours. We had no intention of trying for early check-in. However when we went through the parking gate, it must have triggered an "early check-in" request. We were at the parks when I got a notification at 1:30 that my room was ready - eighth floor, Chef Mickey side, near elevator. I suspect since they thought I wanted early check-in they gave me "first available". I ended up calling while still in the parks and explained we didn't need early access to the room and that we'd like upper floor away from elevators. Got a call back from "room assignment" and the woman happily changed us to room 4705, eleventh floor a bit away from elevators (but on Chef Mickey end). It wasn't an issue at all as we are late to bed and early to rise. The room was actually silent at night for us.

Housekeeping: Didn't happen. I'm guessing it's because we were only there two nights.

Room: Room was spacious and beautiful! We had a tub with shower, two sinks and separate commode area. Plenty of storage and the couch was a great seating area. We loved going out onto the balcony at night and in the morning. We didn't get to see the EWP although we looked for it both nights from 9:30 - 10:30. Both nights were extremely stormy with high winds so I suspect they were canceled.

Transportation: We loved the walk to the MK and the fact that we could hop the monorail back at the end of the day. Saturday evening was a bit of chaos with the heavy downpours, the monorail down, and two elevators out of service. I felt bad for all the families with small children but we were four adults so we made due.

Food: We enjoyed coffee and pastries from Contemporary Grounds at 6:30 am on Saturday before heading over for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. Quite good options for the early morning. On Sunday morning we enjoyed breakfast at Steakhouse 71 before heading to MCO.

We booked the Contemporary as a "bucket list" stay but loved it so much I think we will return again!

Thank you for a detailed review. Hope you had a great trip.

I’m disappointed to hear another report of full housekeeping not actually returning. 😢
You seem to be the CR cheerleader lately. I have an once in a lifetime trip to tower cl coming up. Any pix or news requests?
It is me and dd27 in a tower king cl room.

Last edited:
I love to hear the reports. I especially like when someone gives their full prospective of transportation, housekeeping, food, noise, room locations, etc. I’ve been a longtime CR fan and now like it even better since the rooms are all new (theming aside). I always want to stay at another resort, but always seem to default to the known. I actually have a summer trip coming up with the Disney+ promo and am split (literally) btwn doing the whole trip at the CR or splitting for two nights with the YC. We’ve stayed YC (both non-CL & CL) and it’s our 2nd fav. I’m trying to get sense of whether the split with worth it—especially when I think of the buses to HS and the seeming lack of housekeeping.

Your trip sounds great in the Tower Club. When are you going? Have a wonderful time. Your pics are always the best.

Your trip sounds great in the Tower Club. When are you going? Have a wonderful time. Your pics are always the best.
This weekend!

Thank you!

With post Covid trips we have done a few splits with yc or bwi split with a mono resort. On transfer day we walk to HS and ride until about 10:30. Then we know we can be back to the Boardwalk area resort by 11a and grab our bags from the room and rideshare to the next resort.

We have done both 1 and 2 nights at the Boardwalk area. That has been plenty. We prefer the mono area so want as much time there as we can get. However sometimes the room type and/or discount will drive what days we spend where.

Bwi has been cheaper lately so I’ve got that this weekend and again in Sept. Disney visa discount in Sept bwi was just over $400. That’s a good rate IMO.

I probably won’t take too many pix of tower because Gadisneydad posted a bunch on the cl thread. However I’ll probably find something I’ll feel the need to share👍

Have a safe trip and a great time!

I feel the same way about time in crescent lake vs. monorail area. I like to get as much MK/monorail time as I can—that’s why I was wondering if the split was even worth it.

Enjoy your trip 😃

I don’t think I’ll be staying again at the contemporary after my stay. Short review of my trip:
  • Trying to get an elevator from the first floor was a nightmare. It was like they were just not programmed to go that low. Waited almost 15 minutes and had an elevator almost close on my stroller as I walked towards it, it shut ridiculously fast. The next time an elevator came I didn’t think I’d get on since a family with a stroller and wheel chair were standing next to it. The husband was so nice though and held it open and let me go on first. That one also tried closing until he put his umbrella in the way. It was crazy.
  • We were on the 7th floor and I guess being so close to the monorail my bed would shake every time it came through.
  • The room didn’t really feel clean, there was sand all over the floor by the sliding doors and my feet stuck to the floor when I walked barefoot. We got housekeeping every other day but I noticed a ton of tiny gnats all dead in the bath. Also found a dead cockroach next to the coffee maker after housekeeping was there.
  • I loved our view, we had a theme park view and an odd room number so we could watch fireworks from bed which was awesome
  • I don’t know if we just had quiet people next to us or if the walls were well insulated but we never heard them. Stark contract when we moved to Grand Floridian I could hear every word the people next door said.
  • I put in one request for a bath tub and did get that. We had arrived early and hoped for the room to be ready early, but only rooms available then had only showers so we waited until our room was ready.
  • We ate at the contempo cafe and chef Mickey and enjoyed both.
Overall our trip was a lot of fun, was my baby’s first time into the parks. But for the amount of money the room cost I just didn’t feel like it was worth it and won’t be going back. And this hotel used to be my favorite on property and I’d stayed multiple times there before. One major downside to my trip though was I came home with Covid, which I had managed to avoid getting until now.

Have a safe trip and a great time!

I feel the same way about time in crescent lake vs. monorail area. I like to get as much MK/monorail time as I can—that’s why I was wondering if the split was even worth it.

Enjoy your trip 😃
thx!

Yep love the seven seas lagoon!

Greetings! My family and I will be staying at Contemporary next week for the first time. We are so excited! It's a one-night-only once-in-a-lifetime splurge to to start off our trip to celebrate a high school graduation (we are staying at All-Star Music the rest of the week). Staying at the Contemporary has been the graduate's long-time dream:earsboy:. I want us to partake of all the Contemporary has to offer, so any suggestions you all have would be great. We will have a theme park view room, and we will be hanging out only at Contemporary that 24 hours-- no parks, etc..

I also have some additional questions:
-What happens at the 50th Anniversary Celebration Pool Party that takes place on Friday at 3:30pm?
-What are all the in-room amenities that we can partake of? We don't want to miss out on a thing.:love: Tell me everything you all know is available, like lotions, shower caps, robes, slippers, coffees, etc. I want to be able to know what things to ask for in case anything's missing from our room.

Thank you all for all your insight!
Bump

I just walked the whole building. Many rooms have good views. I booked std because it’s a quick trip . Not the best view but I can see the monorail whoosh by!

We enjoyed getting beverages from outer rim while mobile ordering from Contempo Cafe. They don’t mind if you eat there (did at lunch) or ask for a to go beverage while you wait for your order. You can sit and order. No need to stand at bar.
During our Oct 1 trip last year we could not get anyone to serve us at a table at the Outer Rim, so glad it sounds like they have gotten more servers there now!

I was just browsing the mobile order food options and the ability to mobile order from the Steakhouse is FANTASTIC!! The Contempo lounge I always feel is lacking in options and very boring. Have a reservation at Steakhouse for lunch, but being able to get something for Fireworks there is great ;) (We've done every meal at Steakhouse, lunch is the hands down winner).

I was just browsing the mobile order food options and the ability to mobile order from the Steakhouse is FANTASTIC!! The Contempo lounge I always feel is lacking in options and very boring. Have a reservation at Steakhouse for lunch, but being able to get something for Fireworks there is great ;) (We've done every meal at Steakhouse, lunch is the hands down winner).
We've eaten at the Steakhouse lounge and breakfast so far. Can't wait to try lunch!

This is great to hear, thanks! We booked a lunch ADR for Father's Day and I realized the other day the two menus were different. Time and location-wise, lunchtime worked best and DH wanted to try Steakhouse. I was just asking him yesterday what he would prefer, but he was more inclined to stick with convenience. I'll let him know about lunch :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter