• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I read on another site I’m on in UK that house keeping has been really poor here ,it’s worrying me ,we‘ll be there for 14 nights . Do you think it’ll be daily,evey other day or what ?

I read on another site I’m on in UK that house keeping has been really poor here ,it’s worrying me ,we‘ll be there for 14 nights . Do you think it’ll be daily,evey other day or what ?
I have had a few deluxe stays this year.Housekeeping is better than last year! You do get everyday but sometimes we are just getting back to the room and just ask for towels etc.

Even if they do your room you can always call for extra blankets, coffee, towels etc. Some days you just need more. They bring stuff to you pretty quick as well.

*for those arriving very late, or getting back from a park late, there were vending machines with water n soda, and another with snacks. I am always afraid we won’t be able to buy water after a long day.

I have had a few deluxe stays this year.Housekeeping is better than last year! You do get everyday but sometimes we are just getting back to the room and just ask for towels etc.

Even if they do your room you can always call for extra blankets, coffee, towels etc. Some days you just need more. They bring stuff to you pretty quick as well.

*for those arriving very late, or getting back from a park late, there were vending machines with water n soda, and another with snacks. I am always afraid we won’t be able to buy water after a long day.
Wonderful thank you,that’s reassuring

When I did online check in the only options were for every other day or no housekeeping at all. So I don’t think they’ll be coming every day

We only had Friday to Sunday and we were offered onSaturday. My guess website not updated. Even CSR had every day back in January.
Good to hear that you had the option for every day. Probably haven’t updated the app. Maybe I won’t do online check-in. 😉

Good to hear that you had the option for every day. Probably haven’t updated the app. Maybe I won’t do online check-in. 😉
You know what ? I originally had CSR and OCI. When I changed my reservation to CR it Sid I was checked in.

Honestly I would check in. Just ask the housekeeping staff, call using button on phone or ask at desk when convenient,

Greetings! My family and I will be staying at Contemporary next week for the first time. We are so excited! It's a one-night-only once-in-a-lifetime splurge to to start off our trip to celebrate a high school graduation (we are staying at All-Star Music the rest of the week). Staying at the Contemporary has been the graduate's long-time dream:earsboy:. I want us to partake of all the Contemporary has to offer, so any suggestions you all have would be great. We will have a theme park view room, and we will be hanging out only at Contemporary that 24 hours-- no parks, etc..

I also have some additional questions:
-What happens at the 50th Anniversary Celebration Pool Party that takes place on Friday at 3:30pm?
-What are all the in-room amenities that we can partake of? We don't want to miss out on a thing.:love: Tell me everything you all know is available, like lotions, shower caps, robes, slippers, coffees, etc. I want to be able to know what things to ask for in case anything's missing from our room.

Thank you all for all your insight!

Greetings! My family and I will be staying at Contemporary next week for the first time. We are so excited! It's a one-night-only once-in-a-lifetime splurge to to start off our trip to celebrate a high school graduation (we are staying at All-Star Music the rest of the week). Staying at the Contemporary has been the graduate's long-time dream:earsboy:. I want us to partake of all the Contemporary has to offer, so any suggestions you all have would be great. We will have a theme park view room, and we will be hanging out only at Contemporary that 24 hours-- no parks, etc..

-What happens at the 50th Anniversary Celebration Pool Party that takes place on Friday at 3:30pm?
-What are all the in-room amenities that we can partake of? We don't want to miss out on a thing.:love: Tell me everything you all know is available, like lotions, shower caps, robes, slippers, coffees, etc. I want to be able to know what things to ask for in case anything's missing from our room.

This thread has the May resort activities calendar:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/unread

The best thing about a park view room is the view, IMO. So spend lots of time on your balcony. That side of the resort faces west, so I loved watching the sunsets from the balcony. And of course, watching the fireworks from there too. Check the time for the Electric Water Parade, it’s a Disney classic not to be missed. I think it was at 10 when we were there a few weeks ago. You can see it anywhere on the beach.

We liked lunch at Steakhouse 71 better than dinner, if you can get an ADR. And mobile ordering is great. You can do that from Contempo Cafe or Steakhouse 71. We also had a delicious salad from the poolside quick service. Lots of quiet tables behind it too. There was a corn hole game & I think a foose ball table back there too.

Just FYI: robes & slippers are club level only amenities. We last stayed in CL so not sure current toiletries in regular rooms.

Last edited:

One of the things I love most about the Contemporary are the gift shops. Even when we stay elsewhere, I always make a point of stopping by to shop. Also take the monorail over to the other monorail resorts. Fun to get a Dole Whip at the Polynesian and enjoy their lobby.

Have a great time!

This thread has the May resort activities calendar:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/unread

The best thing about a park view room is the view, IMO. So spend lots of time on your balcony. That side of the resort faces west, so I loved watching the sunsets from the balcony. And of course, watching the fireworks from there too. Check the time for the Electric Water Parade, it’s a Disney classic not to be missed. I think it was at 10 when we were there a few weeks ago. You can see it anywhere on the beach.

We liked lunch at Steakhouse 71 better than dinner, if you can get an ADR. And mobile ordering is great. You can do that from Contempo Cafe or Steakhouse 71. We also had a delicious salad from the poolside quick service. Lots of quiet tables behind it too. There was a corn hole game & I think a foose ball table back there too.

Just FYI: robes & slippers are club level only amenities. We last stayed in CL so not sure current toiletries in regular rooms.
Thanks for all the tips and info!::MickeyMo Sounds fun and dreamy!

One of the things I love most about the Contemporary are the gift shops. Even when we stay elsewhere, I always make a point of stopping by to shop. Also take the monorail over to the other monorail resorts. Fun to get a Dole Whip at the Polynesian and enjoy their lobby.

Have a great time!
Thank you! And thanks for the tips! Can't wait to partake!::MinnieMo

Good Morning! When placing a Walmart delivery and staying at Bay Lake Tower is there a way to specify it? Im seeing both CR and BLT are the same address and when ordering it will not let me add the resort, only my name and the address?

Just got back from a six night stay at CR. Will do a longer write up in the trip report area but wanted to share a few thoughts specifically around the resort:

• When I checked in, I was told trash/towel service was every other day and the beds would not be made - almost as if I was being given an option to opt out of any service entirely. This was pretty shocking at first but this ended up not being the case during my stay. I received service every day, beds made and all, and even had my mickey ears propped up on the bed one day. Note I was staying in the Atrium Club, don't know if this impacts other floors
  • There was a lot of security on Floor 2 throughout my trip, particularly with the ballrooms. I don't really remember this being a thing, maybe there is an outpost there now in one of the rooms? Some of the ballrooms were open from time to time, on my first night it was Ballroom of the Americas so I enjoyed doing some Richard Nixon impressions :)
  • The ill-often visited third floor now has "Cast Member Only" signs at certain points beyond the fitness center and I want to say catering services office? I didn't visit last year but don't remember the signs from years prior. I've wandered back there before, there really isn't a whole lot to see besides some employee utilidors, and a bathroom that was featured on another disney review site. I didn't bother exploring back there this year, lots of employees meandering around and just never got around to it. I also don't think WDW takes kindly to those that like exploring behind the curtains :rolleyes1
  • The business center at CR is still closed, however, the Grand Floridian's business center just re-opened this past week. Thankfully it's just a quick trip on the monorail to Fedex some documents rather than go to Coronado Springs or off-site.
  • I finally got around to exploring the CR convention center - pretty cool, very quiet and peaceful since I don't think any conferences were happening there, just a couple of Disney events. I enjoyed some peace and quiet using the restrooms there as well. Good place to get away from the hustle and bustle if you're looking for that (as long as there isn't a convention going on)
  • Briefly walked around the garden wing, renovations look good but noticed a corridor on the ground floor still blocked off. Maybe not completely done?
  • Nice touch adding another five-legged goat (ram?) to the lobby! I also enjoyed a lot of the art that was on display
  • Good cinnamon rolls at Contemporary Grounds - one is big enough for two people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter