Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

joining in!

just put request in last night for DVC rental, standard view studio at BLT for my DD 15th birthday/spring break trip 2015 :woohoo: we should here back hopefully in a few days if we got our ressie!

my DD has wanted to stay here for a couple of years and our friends we are going there with own BLT points so will be fun staying at the same resort as them! we are already decided to have a more low key trip this time, (this is our 8th trip to WDW) enjoy some pool time with our kids (two 15 year olds and one 11) and of course Flower & Garden which we went to in 2011 and loved, can't wait to try all the yummy food pavilions too!

can't wait to stay so close to MK! we've been lucky enough to watch Wishes from Top of the World on two previous trips with our above friends and love the view of the lake!

Is there a Rapid Refill station poolside? I really just want the cups but have to justify the expense to DH..,.

Is there a Rapid Refill station poolside? I really just want the cups but have to justify the expense to DH..,.

You can just buy the cups with no option to fill them for a cheaper price. That's prob what I'm going to do since I rarely fill it and my husband always teases me about buying a refillable mug that I never fill ;)

You can just buy the cups with no option to fill them for a cheaper price. That's prob what I'm going to do since I rarely fill it and my husband always teases me about buying a refillable mug that I never fill ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't know why I like them, I'm not a souvenir person. But I like these mugs!

I have a 8am ADR at akerhaus. Will I need to get a taxi to get there?

From post #10 of this thread.

BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

From post #10 of this thread.

BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

I saw that. Thanks. I don't know if that will give me enough time to get to the breakfast though.

I saw that. Thanks. I don't know if that will give me enough time to get to the breakfast though.

I would take a cab to the BC. Walk through the main lobby, go to the left toward Epcot and enter the park through the International Gateway. (Near France) It's a much shorter walk than entering the park at the main entrance.

I would take a cab to the BC. Walk through the main lobby, go to the left toward Epcot and enter the park through the International Gateway. (Near France) It's a much shorter walk than entering the park at the main entrance.

Actually, BC to Akershus and main gate to Akershus are just about the same distance (about a mile).

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't know why I like them, I'm not a souvenir person. But I like these mugs!

Me too!!! And it looks like this year they have new ones for the first time in a few years! Yay!!!! I'm so excited!

Me too!!! And it looks like this year they have new ones for the first time in a few years! Yay!!!! I'm so excited!

Exactly what I said! I think he stopped paying attention to them because after a few years I didn't want them anymore (how many of the same do you really need?!).

I also collect popcorn buckets (not the shaped ones, the traditional cylinders with park themes and colored tops). They make fantastic catch-alls when at the beach, camping or at the drive-ins! And it brings a little unique Mickey home with us!

Actually, BC to Akershus and main gate to Akershus are just about the same distance (about a mile).

Good to know I have options! Thank you both!!

Exactly what I said! I think he stopped paying attention to them because after a few years I didn't want them anymore (how many of the same do you really need?!).

I also collect popcorn buckets (not the shaped ones, the traditional cylinders with park themes and colored tops). They make fantastic catch-alls when at the beach, camping or at the drive-ins! And it brings a little unique Mickey home with us!

That's the same reason I love them (and why I often buy coffee mugs as souvenirs.) I love being able to use something every day that reminds me of Disney. The popcorn buckets are a great idea! :goodvibes

Does anyone have pictures of a BLT One Bedroom with the sleeper and the chair open. We are staying there in Oct and wondering if it will be tight. Thanks.

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip to BLT. :banana::banana::banana:

1. Can we do any of the recreation activities offered at the Contemporary or just at BLT since that is where we are staying?

2. We exchanged through RCI so no TOW lounge, where else can we see the fireworks.

3. Can we take the kids to the Wave for beer tasting or do we need a babysitter and how much is the beer tasting?

4. Finally my BIL and his wife may be coming over to watch the kids for us one night, will they have to pay for parking?

Thanks so much for your help. I browsed the thread but didn't have a ton of time to read through it all.

:flower3: A little over a month until our CR stay..MBs should be shipping soon...and we were able to get FPP for the SDMT....:thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

Congrats, I'm sure you are getting very anxious. We are now at the 30 day mark. Concierge completed our MDE the other day,Received our arrival package and luggage tags this week, MB's should be here very soon, I was able to get my FP+'s for SDMT yesterday, and made a small change for our final lunch ADR on our departure day. June 2nd can't get here soon enough. :dance3: :yay: :cool1:
Less than 30 days now!

joining in!

just put request in last night for DVC rental, standard view studio at BLT for my DD 15th birthday/spring break trip 2015 :woohoo: we should here back hopefully in a few days if we got our ressie!

my DD has wanted to stay here for a couple of years and our friends we are going there with own BLT points so will be fun staying at the same resort as them! we are already decided to have a more low key trip this time, (this is our 8th trip to WDW) enjoy some pool time with our kids (two 15 year olds and one 11) and of course Flower & Garden which we went to in 2011 and loved, can't wait to try all the yummy food pavilions too!

can't wait to stay so close to MK! we've been lucky enough to watch Wishes from Top of the World on two previous trips with our above friends and love the view of the lake!
What a fun birthday! Are the two 15-year-olds sleeping on the Double sofa and you and the 11-year-old in the Queen?

does anyone know if CS does anything fun on halloween night? Particularly at chef mickeys? TIA!
CS? Do you mean CR for Contemporary? There are some activities on Halloween for the kids, usually by the pool or lobby area in the afternoon. But, I don't know specifically what activities, if any, are at CM on Halloween.

You shouldn't have a problem making it. The early ADR buses are meant to get guests there on time. Just tell the driver when you get on the first bus of the day where you are going.

Does anyone have pictures of a BLT One Bedroom with the sleeper and the chair open. We are staying there in Oct and wondering if it will be tight. Thanks.
I have photos of the sleeper in the BLT section of the thread. The hyperlink is in POST 1. The living room is quite large and the chair rather small (twin-sized) so you won't have any space issues.

I have a few questions about our upcoming trip to BLT. :banana::banana::banana:

1. Can we do any of the recreation activities offered at the Contemporary or just at BLT since that is where we are staying?
You can participate in the CR activities.

2. We exchanged through RCI so no TOW lounge, where else can we see the fireworks.
From POST 12:

THE WISHES NIGHTLY MAGIC KINGDOM FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck at CR.

3. Can we take the kids to the Wave for beer tasting or do we need a babysitter and how much is the beer tasting?
From the May Activity Calendar:

4. Finally my BIL and his wife may be coming over to watch the kids for us one night, will they have to pay for parking?
I would think that the gate guard would give them a temp. pass.

Thanks so much for your help. I browsed the thread but didn't have a ton of time to read through it all.
Welcome to the thread! My answers are above in RED.

Can't quote from my phone

No our friends will have their own room, their dd is. 11 so she will probably spend a night or two with us, their ds is the other 15 yr old so no sleep overs with him lol ....they are really more like cousins than just friends!

Only 23 more days until I can cross CR off my bucket list of Disney resorts. It will be a quick trip, down on Saturday back on Monday night, but it is just to get me over the hump until our big trip to WL in late Oct where we are hitting both MNSSHP on Oct 31 AND MVMCP on Nov 7. What a way to bookend a trip. I hope Atrium Club is as good as OFC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter