Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

If it's within your budget, you should consider reserving a King Deluxe room in the Garden Wing. There are only 3 of them, but they have King-sized beds and quite a lot of extra space.

I've requested a quote and these are all gone now boo :( I was looking at them on touringplans and they look amazing!! We will make do ;)

Yay for you!!! My husband and I had a Disney wedding in 2007 and we also stayed in the CR garden wing rooms. When I was getting ready it was just me, my two sisters, and two ladies doing our hair and makeup and it was pretty crowded :crowded: Are you really going to have 15 people in there at once!? If so, I'd consider possibly requesting connecting rooms and having a couple rooms open to walk between? Let me know if you have any Disney wedding questions (although the DIS has a FABULOUS wedding board!) We also did an Illuminations dessert party and a MK photo shoot if you're doing either of those and have questions :)

I'd love to be able to do that, and we do have 2 rooms but we really don't want them to be connecting - other option we're thinking is requesting one with the full balcony, or a ground floor with a patio so we have space to spill outside.

We are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion, with our reception at Living Seas Salon in Epcot then a UK Lochside dessert party! We have a DHS shoot booked and waiting impatiently :furious: to see if we can book our MK shoot, have to wait until 9/1 as we aren't using disney photography!

So, I have a lake view studio booked. I was just wondering what the categories are to request. What I am really hoping for would be a high floor, odd numbered room. Would that work? and is there any way to make it more specific? I really like the rooms in XX23 and XX25. Love the view from that middle section rather than the outer ones that look across to the other side of the resort.

We'd love to stay at the CR for part of our trip next April, but budget-wise we could probably only do this in a discounted Garden Wing room.

Do any of you CR fans know if the Garden Wing rooms are historically included in room only discounts? If so, would you recommend booking ahead and waiting for a discount to be applied or booking when discounts are released?

Thanks in advance!

I'm by no means an expert so hopefully someone else on here can help you out with the discount info, but I just wanted to chime in about the Garden Wing rooms... I'm in the same boat you are - CR is only in our budget if we get a GW room with a Room Only discount or Free Dining. I've been trying for almost a year to get a Standard View Room in the Garden Wing and they have never been available. I've only been looking for a 2 week span in September, but I think it might be a good idea to book one of the Garden View rooms early if that's important to you.
I booked a Garden View room in the Garden Wing since it isn't that much more, hoping that we could apply FD when the promo came out. Unfortuantely, I learned the hard way the info I got on the phones from CMs isn't always accurate. :( I was told that you can "just add" FD to any room you already have. That's not entirely true according what I've learned recently here on the Dis... They will "add" FD if there are rooms available. It's kind of long and somewhat complicated (or maybe it just is to me :) ) so I won't go into all the details of that since that wasn't your original question... I'm sure someone here can give you some more details about how the RO discounts work and how they are applied to rooms and all of that.
Like I said, I'm not an expert, I just wanted to give you a heads up about the GW rooms... If it's something that is important to you, I'd keep an eye on them and see what the availability is looking like for when you want to go. You may have zero problems and have lots of rooms (I hope! :thumbsup2 )
But I'd hate for you to miss out so I just thought I'd pass along my experience.
Good Luck!

I'd love to be able to do that, and we do have 2 rooms but we really don't want them to be connecting - other option we're thinking is requesting one with the full balcony, or a ground floor with a patio so we have space to spill outside.

We are getting married at the Wedding Pavilion, with our reception at Living Seas Salon in Epcot then a UK Lochside dessert party! We have a DHS shoot booked and waiting impatiently :furious: to see if we can book our MK shoot, have to wait until 9/1 as we aren't using disney photography!

Just a note about the garden wing rooms that have a patio. When we first checked in for our wedding trip we opened our curtain to our patio and saw a giant wall in front of us. The wing is in sort of a T shape, so if your room is in the middle of the top part of the T your view will be the side wall from the other part of the T. We were promptly moved...I mean, I don't normally "make waves," but it was our wedding and ALL of our guests were staying there and it literally felt like the worst room they had ;)

As for your wedding plans, they sound SUPER! You're lucky they now allow outside photogs for the park shoots. We used Randy Chapman for our wedding, but we had to use Disney Photography for our MK shoot.

Just a note about the garden wing rooms that have a patio. When we first checked in for our wedding trip we opened our curtain to our patio and saw a giant wall in front of us. The wing is in sort of a T shape, so if your room is in the middle of the top part of the T your view will be the side wall from the other part of the T. We were promptly moved...I mean, I don't normally "make waves," but it was our wedding and ALL of our guests were staying there and it literally felt like the worst room they had ;)

As for your wedding plans, they sound SUPER! You're lucky they now allow outside photogs for the park shoots. We used Randy Chapman for our wedding, but we had to use Disney Photography for our MK shoot.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to be calling them a couple of days before we arrive to hopefully request something half decent!

We have to use Disney Photography for our shoot as well, but they now allow external photographers into park venues so we have Regina for the whole day, we can only book park shoots now so far in advance if you are using Disney photography for your whole event!

Hi,
We were going to stay in the small room at the GF Villa, but I was able to get Club Level Atrium CR yesterday for the same price, so I thought WOW! OK!
I LOVE the Contemporary, but am wondering exactly how high those low ceilings are really? Anyone know? Thanks!
Welcome to the thread! What ceilings are you asking about? In the room? They have always seemed an average height to me.

Hi, I wonder if anyone here may be able to help me.... I am looking for availability in a garden wing room (could possibly stretch to tower bay lake view) for 20th august 2015, 10 nights.

At the moment only club level rooms available, do you think this means that the rest of the resort is full already?

Thanks
In late summer, the 2015 rates should be up online and you can book online. You can book a room-only by calling the WDTC up to 499 days in advance. Your dates are really close to the cut off. Some rooms that far in advance may be held back for conventions, but if you are persistent, there will definitely be GW rooms available for August '15 at some point, especially at the one year point.

We decided to stay a night at CR before our DCL cruise leaves to see how it measures up. Normally we stay do CL deluxe (I'm a BC fan, but this trip DH wanted to try something new). Only being one night and not knowing much about the resort, I just booked a standard room. Our trip is just a week away now. We want to "experience" the resort, so DH wants to stay in the concourse. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say to get a little pixie dust? I am not sure what the concourse rooms are even referred to as.
All of the Tower rooms, except the 14th floor Tower Club Level room, look down upon the 4th floor Concourse. All of those rooms have a balcony and are identical. Some prefer a high floor with a more commanding view. Did you book a Bay Lake or MK/TP View?

For those who have stayed at both BLT and the CR, which do you like better? I just became a DVC member and my home resort is BLT. I chose it mainly for my love of the CR, but I've never actually stayed at BLT. Our first trip will be next April, in a 1 BDR Lake View. I am hoping to love it just as much as I love the CR… give me the good and the bad! Thanks!
We have stayed at BLT in a one-bedroom LV, CR (CL and non) and the GW. We really loved the BLT one bedroom because of all the space and amenities. Having a W/D, whirlpool tub and two bathrooms was terrific. And, we loved the floor to ceiling windows in the living room:cloud9:. I wouldn't trade it for a std. CR room, but a CL room does offer amenities not offered at BLT. We stayed on a cash reservation though so we received free daily housekeeping. I really like having housekeeping on vacation and turndown is very nice, too. I would miss daily housekeeping if I stayed on points.

Hello

This December will be our first time staying at Contemporary!! We just booked a Tower Theme park View. I'm curious as to what that means...

We usually stay at Grand Floridian Theme Park View so I am aware of what theme park view means... but not sure at Contemporary what rooms that would be. Tower makes me wonder if its Bay Lake Tower?

Any good rooms to request? Like I said, we usually stay GF theme park view (at least for the past 2 Decembers (2012 wedding/honeymoon and 2013 1st anniversary), so this trip will be our 2nd anniversary trip and I just wanna make sure that we request a good room to be able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Thanks!
Michelle
Welcome and congratulations! A TPV room at CR will be in the Tower, Bay Lake Tower is the DVC Resort. Your room will face toward the MK, 7 Seas Lagoon, GF and Poly. Some like to request an odd-numbered room so the bed will face toward the MK/Castle. Every room has an unobstructed view of Wishes. Some prefer a high floor that offers a more commanding view.

We are planning our first visit to CR in Ocober for 15 amazing nights!

We are getting married while we are there, so was hoping for a king bed only room, are there any of these in the garden wing which is what we have booked or should I look at upgrading? We just need as much floor space as possible with 15 odd people in my room the morning of the wedding!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I would also recommend a Deluxe GW room. But as was posted, there are only 3 so you would have to book it ASAP. It will give you a guaranteed king bed and more square footage. Otherwise, you can consult the Touring Plan Room Finder to see if there are any non-HA king rooms in the GW. The one bedroom GW Hospitality Suite would also offer a lot of square footage, but they are pricey.

Another great option if you're looking for a guaranteed king bed and lots of space would be a BLT one bedroom villa right next door and connected to CR. They are over 800 SF and have a whirlpool tub, W/D, two bathrooms, living room and king master bedroom. There are photos and more information hyperlinked in post 1 of this thread. Have you considered one?

We'd love to stay at the CR for part of our trip next April, but budget-wise we could probably only do this in a discounted Garden Wing room.

Do any of you CR fans know if the Garden Wing rooms are historically included in room only discounts? If so, would you recommend booking ahead and waiting for a discount to be applied or booking when discounts are released?

Thanks in advance!
They are definitely included:)

DH and I are also DVC members since May 2012 so kinda newbies! We have stayed Atrium level at CR and of course BLT. BLT gives you much more room (providing you are staying in a 1 BR or bigger) and having two bathrooms just makes it easier! There is a small washer and dryer so less clothes you have to bring and more room in the suitcase for Disney souvenirs!!!:banana: we don't use the kitchen much since it is just the two of us. The plus of CR is you get mousekeeping everyday which does not happen at BLT. Atrium level at CR gives you the wonderful food and extra attention but then there are smaller rooms and just one bathroom. All in all we think BLT is a better choice !;)
My thoughts, too:thumbsup2

Hi all! Does the Wave restaurant still offer free beer tastings to BLT guests on Saturday afternoons? If so, do you have to be DVC members, or just staying at BLT? TIA! :goodvibes
As far as I know, it's still offered from 3-4 on Saturdays to CR and BLT resort guests only.

So, I have a lake view studio booked. I was just wondering what the categories are to request. What I am really hoping for would be a high floor, odd numbered room. Would that work? and is there any way to make it more specific? I really like the rooms in XX23 and XX25. Love the view from that middle section rather than the outer ones that look across to the other side of the resort.
A great source of villa room location/number information is work2play's thread that has a chart in post 1 of all the room locations/views/numbers.

I just looked it up. Garden wing-standard view. Hmmm.
I thought you mentioned in your post that you were booked CL Standard? CL rooms are in the Tower. If you didn't book CL and your reservation states 'Garden Wing' then in that case, you are not booked in the Tower, you are booked in the detached building called the Garden Wing. The GW rooms are identical to the Tower rooms, however, they do not have balconies and they are only 3 floors high with the only amenity in the building being the laundry room. If you want to be CL or in the Tower where the monorail, concourse with shops and dining are, you will need to change your booking to a Tower room.

I thought you mentioned in your post that you were booked CL Standard? CL rooms are in the Tower. If you didn't book CL and your reservation states 'Garden Wing' then in that case, you are not booked in the Tower, you are booked in the detached building called the Garden Wing. The GW rooms are identical to the Tower rooms, however, they do not have balconies and they are only 3 floors high with the only amenity in the building being the laundry room. If you want to be CL or in the Tower where the monorail, concourse with shops and dining are, you will need to change your booking to a Tower room.

Got it. Normally we are CL. This is just an overnight so I just booked a standard room. I just called and upgraded to the Tower with a Bay Lake View. This way DH gets his experience of staying in a Tower room. Hopefully a BLV is pretty, sounds pretty to me!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I would also recommend a Deluxe GW room. But as was posted, there are only 3 so you would have to book it ASAP. It will give you a guaranteed king bed and more square footage. Otherwise, you can consult the Touring Plan Room Finder to see if there are any non-HA king rooms in the GW. The one bedroom GW Hospitality Suite would also offer a lot of square footage, but they are pricey.

Another great option if you're looking for a guaranteed king bed and lots of space would be a BLT one bedroom villa right next door and connected to CR. They are over 800 SF and have a whirlpool tub, W/D, two bathrooms, living room and king master bedroom. There are photos and more information hyperlinked in post 1 of this thread. Have you considered one?

thanks for your reply :)

Yes we did think about it, but our schedule is pretty tight the day before the wedding, I'm not sure how we would go moving all the girls stuff into BLT, then packing it all up and moving it again on the actual wedding day so realistically we'd have to book two nights, can't get it to logistically work and it's an added expense we really don't need, but thanks for the suggestion!

Just going to cross my fingers for a little bit of pixie dust at check in and see what happens - CR seems impossible to book, I'm still surprised that we managed to get 15 nights!

Got it. Normally we are CL. This is just an overnight so I just booked a standard room. I just called and upgraded to the Tower with a Bay Lake View. This way DH gets his experience of staying in a Tower room. Hopefully a BLV is pretty, sounds pretty to me!
Perfect. BLV is our favorite Disney view and DH (and you) will be very happy, even if only for one night. It will make you want to come back again for a longer stay.

thanks for your reply :)

Yes we did think about it, but our schedule is pretty tight the day before the wedding, I'm not sure how we would go moving all the girls stuff into BLT, then packing it all up and moving it again on the actual wedding day so realistically we'd have to book two nights, can't get it to logistically work and it's an added expense we really don't need, but thanks for the suggestion!

Just going to cross my fingers for a little bit of pixie dust at check in and see what happens - CR seems impossible to book, I'm still surprised that we managed to get 15 nights!
I hope you will post a wedding photo or two here or a link. I hope you have a magical marriage and plenty ofpixiedust:

Ok, so I have a totally random question.... Is the side of the tower and BLT with the pools the Eastern side? I ask because we're thinking of taking quite a few days and spending the whole first half of the day at the pool and resort and then going to the parks in the afternoon and evening. (Thanks to FP+ and the fact that we spent quite a lot more on our accommodations than we normally do, we should actually take some time to enjoy it ;) ) I just wanted to be sure we'd have sun during the first half of the day and we wouldn't be in the shade :thumbsup2 Thanks!!

:flower3: A little over a month until our CR stay..MBs should be shipping soon...and we were able to get FPP for the SDMT....:thumbsup2

~ :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: ~

:flower3: A little over a month until our CR stay..MBs should be shipping soon...and we were able to get FPP for the SDMT....:thumbsup2

~ :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: ~

Congrats, I'm sure you are getting very anxious. We are now at the 30 day mark. Concierge completed our MDE the other day,Received our arrival package and luggage tags this week, MB's should be here very soon, I was able to get my FP+'s for SDMT yesterday, and made a small change for our final lunch ADR on our departure day. June 2nd can't get here soon enough. :dance3: :yay: :cool1:

Yay!!!!!!

Cant wait! Its been several years since we have stayed at the CR!

Congrats, I'm sure you are getting very anxious. We are now at the 30 day mark. Concierge completed our MDE the other day,Received our arrival package and luggage tags this week, MB's should be here very soon, I was able to get my FP+'s for SDMT yesterday, and made a small change for our final lunch ADR on our departure day. June 2nd can't get here soon enough. :dance3: :yay: :cool1:

Anxious..excited.. did I mention anxious and excited...lol..:dance3: Congrats on getting your MDE completed..and getting your arrival package too..Gotta love Mickey mail!! :thumbsup2 We should be getting all of our stuff soon too... It was a work out yesterday getting those FPP for SDMT ...:headache: ...lol... perserverance prevailed..and we finally were able to get them ....:cheer2:

We booked a Bay Lake View. It's one night and it sounds pretty. DH said Tower, so that was my compromise. Who knows, maybe we'll be pixie dusted! The CM entered in all our celebrations onto our reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter