Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! We just decided last week to go so we're a month behind on making ADRs. I was able to snag some for our dates, but of course not BOG or the Wishes Dessert Party. Hopefully something pops up soon! We're also doing a couple days at Universal and going to be at the Yacht Club for the end of our trip :yay:

Nice combo of resorts. I love split stays ::yes:: Good luck getting the ADRs you want.

Here now if anyone has any questions!! There are definitely some amazing aspects to BLT (and some little quirks too!)

Hope you're having a great time :cool1:

If you can afford the tower I would do it. There is something very magical about seeing the castle lit up at night after the park closes too so not just about seeing the fireworks.
agree :wizard:

I've received 4 sets (APs{with AP sliders}, ASSp, AoA & BLT {with DVC sliders}). Just waiting on AKV.:cool1:

:banana:

We had a patio room last year and loved it. The patio space was larger than the balconies that we've had at yc, akl and bcv.

I forgot that we, too had a patio at BLT. It was pretty nice, It was by the bocce ball court and an easy stroll over to the pool and soda fountain.

Hi Everyone, Empress is sleeping right now, and I hacked her account :) (I am her fiancee) and I need your help trying to convince her to stay in the Garden Rooms for our honeymoon. We saw some availability in the Tower and she wants to switch by all means. I cannot justify spending the extra money to watch the Fireworks from our balcony, when we are NEVER in the rooms for the fireworks.Ever! We have been to Disney together alot of times, and we are the type of people that sleep late, get dressed, Park Hop all day long, and take advantage of the extra magic hours in the parks. Every night we are not back in the room until the last park closes. She also thinks that the walk will be bad to and from the Tower, but we are used to walking the long distances at Port of Orleans. She is addicted to these boards and any advice, stories, or cons of the Garden Wing Vs. the Tower from you would be appreciated. Unless you really think I should cave and get her the Theme Park View :rotfl:

Honeymoon - if you can do it, upgrade!! So much going on, nice to just sit on balcony and watch, whether lake or theme park view. Garden Wing is great, but no balcony just first floor patio. I just upgraded a November trip from wing to Tower, couldn't justify 800 for theme park upgrade, so opted for 400 for lake! CLub level upgrade was another 1300! ouch!!!

Honeymoon - if you can do it, upgrade!! So much going on, nice to just sit on balcony and watch, whether lake or theme park view. Garden Wing is great, but no balcony just first floor patio. I just upgraded a November trip from wing to Tower, couldn't justify 800 for theme park upgrade, so opted for 400 for lake! CLub level upgrade was another 1300! ouch!!!

I agree.. You're only going to have one honeymoon. If you won't be in the room for the fireworks, Bay Lake view would be a good compromise. You'll still have the balcony with a beautiful view to wake up to, and EWP if you do happen to be in the room at that time.

Hahahaha. Yes, can't blame you at all! :drive:

Side note to the crack of dawn departure...we are leaving the day after Halloween..also the day after our local Trick or treat night. We have 2 other families that we are friends with going down, too. The one family is taking a 7am flight:scared1:
Kids are 9 and 6, will be out the night before until at least 9PM ETand will then have to be up and out for the house by about 4:00 am or sooner to get to PIT for their flight. CRAZY!

Enjoy your stay and please update us on anything news worthy!

Their flight was out of PIT too!! Small world :) :) :)

Their flight was out of PIT too!! Small world :) :) :)

WOW. It truly is a small world! we live in the northern suburbs of Pgh.

We either fly Southwest or AirTran b\c we don't like doing anything but direct flights. From the time our plane lands to the point where we get to our resort, it's usually about 1.5 hours. The last time we were there in mid October, the line for DME was SUPER long. It only took about 15 minutes for us to get the whole way through it, but we had never experienced that before.

My parents usually just pony up for a taxi rather than waiting. I like the DME though. To me it's part of the overall experience. :)

I'm pretty sure 100% of tower rooms and bay lake tower rooms have balconies but in the garden wing only the first floor rooms have patios.

The other rooms have Juliet balconies. Sliding doors that open to the air, but you can't step out.

I can't multi-quote now:flower3:, but I wanted to get this good news posted. The Disney Armed Forces Salute (ticket and room-only discount) has just been renewed for 2015. The discount percentage remains the same. Details located HERE.

I can't multi-quote now:flower3:, but I wanted to get this good news posted. The Disney Armed Forces Salute (ticket and room-only discount) has just been renewed for 2015. The discount percentage remains the same. Details located HERE.

:thumbsup2

I'll be booking for April next week!!! :cool1:

I bet you already have a trip in the works for next year ;). Can't wait to hear where you're headed next (after your WL CL Christmas trip :santa:) as your trips are always so exciting to read about :goodvibes.

I just wish July 30th would hurry up and get here as I've been (im)patiently waiting to book our trip for next July :hyper: :rotfl::rotfl:.

johnsonet ~ Your trip is getting soooo close :dance3:.....can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!

Woohoo! Just booked our room! The military salute came out and we had planned to stay in the garden wing to try to get the best of both worlds (steep discount on the cheaper rooms, but still monorail contemporary.). WELL..... they don't offer the military discount on the garden wing rooms, so we looked at our budget and decided to upgrade to a tower room which we WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! It was only about 300 more. SOOO EXCITED! My kids are thrilled!!!!!

Wonderful about the well-deserved discounts for military families :earsboy:

I bet you already have a trip in the works for next year ;). Can't wait to hear where you're headed next (after your WL CL Christmas trip :santa:) as your trips are always so exciting to read about :goodvibes.

I just wish July 30th would hurry up and get here as I've been (im)patiently waiting to book our trip for next July :hyper: :rotfl::rotfl:.

johnsonet ~ Your trip is getting soooo close :dance3:.....can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!

Thanks - I'm REALLY starting to get excited now :dance3: Tinkering with FP+ times and attractions - and ADRs.

Sorry you have to wait until the 30th to book. I know you've been patiently waiting for weeks now! :flower3:

Woohoo! Just booked our room! The military salute came out and we had planned to stay in the garden wing to try to get the best of both worlds (steep discount on the cheaper rooms, but still monorail contemporary.). WELL..... they don't offer the military discount on the garden wing rooms, so we looked at our budget and decided to upgrade to a tower room which we WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! It was only about 300 more. SOOO EXCITED! My kids are thrilled!!!!!

:woohoo: Congratulations.

I've been going through a gazillion photos over the past week or so, trying to organize myself on photobucket. Here are some CR and BLT pics:

235DB578-3183-46A2-87B8-119137DAABEC-3170-000001B5622CDEA6_zps0d5b7cf3.jpg

451_zps24fbe59a.jpg

466_zps068131c9.jpg

1028-1.jpg

Congrats on the great deal for a tower room :cool1::cool1:.

Thanks - I'm REALLY starting to get excited now :dance3: Tinkering with FP+ times and attractions - and ADRs.

Sorry you have to wait until the 30th to book. I know you've been patiently waiting for weeks now! :flower3:

I've been going through a gazillion photos over the past week or so, trying to organize myself on photobucket. Here are some CR and BLT pics:

It won't be long before you're on your way :yay::yay:.

Thanks about the rates. I thought for sure they would have been out by now, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :laughing:. Only 9 days to go and I can finally book :goodvibes.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:. The CR is on our list, so I'm thinking possibly a Christmas 2015 trip to the CR :santa:.

Just back from a wonderful stay at the Contemporary Resort. We were in room 4531 on the 9th floor. Never any trouble with elevator waits or monorail waits. LOVED the view. Loved watching the fireworks from our room. We waited a bit for the boat in the evening to go to Trails End for supper (which was great and I highly recommend it).

Love your photos! We've stayed garden view, but a theme park view is on my bucket list!! I think we are saving it for our trip when DD turns 5 and eventual baby 2 is little! That way we'll never miss fireworks!

Thanks about the rates. I thought for sure they would have been out by now, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be :laughing:. Only 9 days to go and I can finally book :goodvibes.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:. The CR is on our list, so I'm thinking possibly a Christmas 2015 trip to the CR :santa:.

I will count along with you until July 30th pixiedust:
And a Christmas trip to CR sounds fantastic! :santa:

Terrific photos!

Thank you :flower3:

Just back from a wonderful stay at the Contemporary Resort. We were in room 4531 on the 9th floor. Never any trouble with elevator waits or monorail waits. LOVED the view. Loved watching the fireworks from our room. We waited a bit for the boat in the evening to go to Trails End for supper (which was great and I highly recommend it).

So glad you had a great trip. Love to hear that you had no elevator problems.
How was the monorail service?
Thanks for the Trails End reminder. I really want to try it!

Love your photos! We've stayed garden view, but a theme park view is on my bucket list!! I think we are saving it for our trip when DD turns 5 and eventual baby 2 is little! That way we'll never miss fireworks!

Thank you and - yes - put TPV on your bucket list. Next month we are staying in a Bay Lake View room. I can't wait for that peaceful view :cloud9:

Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

We've stayed garden view, but a theme park view is on my bucket list!! I think we are saving it for our trip when DD turns 5 and eventual baby 2 is little! That way we'll never miss fireworks!

Good thought about the fireworks with a TPV, especially with little ones ;).

I will count along with you until July 30th pixiedust:

And a Christmas trip to CR sounds fantastic! :santa:

Next month we are staying in a Bay Lake View room. I can't wait for that peaceful view :cloud9:

Thanks for counting with me :goodvibes. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for next Wednesday to get here as it can't come fast enough :rotfl::rotfl:.

The CR is on our list and since the Poly is our choice for next July, I figured the CR would be a good choice for December :).

I think those Bay Lake views are gorgeous :cloud9:. Hope you will share more pics after your trip.

We are in garden eng with standard view,how much more would it cost to upgrade to get in the tower. We are staying 9 nights in September. Would it be worth money. What are chances of getting a up grade when we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter