• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just FYI, I've spend 10+ nights on the sofa bed in BLT & it's very comfortable. My friend spent the same stay on the single pull out chair sleeper & he said it was great!

I'd do it if I have to, but I'd definitely rather have an actual bed if it's possible lol

Hello! We are planning a trip this year with our 2 and 5 year olds and trying to decide between the Contemporary and the Art of Animation. The main reason we're considering AoA is to have separate sleeping areas for the kiddos. We could only do a standard room at Contemporary but I wondered if we could put a pack n play in the sink/shower part of the bathroom. Does anyone know if it would fit? From the room layout diagram I think it would but not sure how accurate of a scale those diagrams are. I'd love to be able to walk back and forth to MK for naps but we'd really like to be able to have separation for sleeping so I'm torn!

I would be interested to know this as well. I will be traveling with my 22 month old granddaughter who is not a great sleeper. We really want to stay a few nights at the CR so we are probably giving up good sleep to do that I was hoping there would be somewhere out of the way to put her

I would be interested to know this as well. I will be traveling with my 22 month old granddaughter who is not a great sleeper. We really want to stay a few nights at the CR so we are probably giving up good sleep to do that I was hoping there would be somewhere out of the way to put her

So, I'm going to say yes, a pack-n-play would fit in the bathroom... BUT - it would make the bathroom pretty useless for anyone else. Your baby may be in there asleep but it's gong to be a PITA to brush your teeth and go to the bathroom.

When we've travelled with our 2-year old, we just put the pack-n-play in the room and adjust our behavior accordingly. Stay quiet, keep the lights low, etc. It's a minor sacrifice to keep everyone asleep and well rested, which is critical at that age!

My DS is a light sleeper but we find with the commotion and stimulation of Disney she usually sleeps pretty well (once she actually goes to sleep).

Good luck!

Once you get on the bus, what is the travel time to Hollywood Studios? I see that the early ADR bus starts to run 7:00-7:15am daily - Does that mean that it would still be running at 7:30am?

We have a reservation for a Garden Wing - Standard Room for our trip in March and we are now able to make our requests on the on-line check-in webpage. Any recommendations from anyone? The only thing I'm thinking is maybe requesting to be close to transportation, but didn't know if there was any secret to the Garden Wing as far as rooms since we've never stayed there before.

Thanks in advance!
If outdoor space is a priority, request ground floor. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms do not have balconies.

Once you get on the bus, what is the travel time to Hollywood Studios? I see that the early ADR bus starts to run 7:00-7:15am daily - Does that mean that it would still be running at 7:30am?
The busses run about every 20 minutes. That's also about the travel time to HS.

What are the request choices for Garden Wing rooms for online check in? How far in advance do you get to check in online?

So, I'm going to say yes, a pack-n-play would fit in the bathroom... BUT - it would make the bathroom pretty useless for anyone else. Your baby may be in there asleep but it's gong to be a PITA to brush your teeth and go to the bathroom.

When we've travelled with our 2-year old, we just put the pack-n-play in the room and adjust our behavior accordingly. Stay quiet, keep the lights low, etc. It's a minor sacrifice to keep everyone asleep and well rested, which is critical at that age!

My DS is a light sleeper but we find with the commotion and stimulation of Disney she usually sleeps pretty well (once she actually goes to sleep).

Good luck!

Thank you for the info!!

From what I heard (our first CR stay is coming up in November!), if you SHIP something, like from Amazon, it goes through the convention center which is only available during the week. But if you have something delivered, like from Garden Grocer, it goes to the Bell Desk. Hopefully someone else can confirm for sure.

Confirmed, just as you described, items SHIPPED go to the Convention Centre but items DELIVERED (Garden Grocer, items purchased in the parks, etc.) go to the resort.

Are there plates/bowls/cups provided in standard rooms? I know there is a mini fridge and coffee maker, but wondered if they provide paper products for us to have for breakfast and snacks.

I have a bunch more that need resizing . I will add later when I can.

Had our text with room number even before flight took off. ME drop off abs pick up was at BLT and not CR. Drop off was wl /cr/blt/ poly/gf.

The new decor colors were a bit strange. Olive green bar stools? I missed the blends of turquoise and yellows.

The fabrics in person were nice. I will try to post more.

We didn't need mb to get from cr to walkway to blt like other trips.

Any questions let me know .

added some 9;30pm monday

Last edited:
Confirmed, just as you described, items SHIPPED go to the Convention Centre but items DELIVERED (Garden Grocer, items purchased in the parks, etc.) go to the resort.
Thank you and KurtC for this info. It makes a big difference.

Are there plates/bowls/cups provided in standard rooms? I know there is a mini fridge and coffee maker, but wondered if they provide paper products for us to have for breakfast and snacks.
Nothing outside of water glasses and coffee mugs.

I have a bunch more that need resizing . I will add later when I can.

Had our text with room number even before flight took off. ME drop off abs pick up was at BLT and not CR. Drop off was wl /cr/blt/ poly/gf.

The new decor colors were a bit strange. Olive green bar stools? I missed the blends of turquoise and yellows.

The fabrics in person were nice. I will try to post more.

We didn't need mb to get from cr to walkway to blt like other trips.

Any questions let me know .

added some 9;30pm monday
Thanks for the pictures! We're checking in to a 1br Lake View on Feb 7. We had a studio two years ago and loved it, but noticed the significant difference in size compared to the CR; so this year we're going with a 1br to see if we like that better, or if the extra space would be overkill for just the two of us.

BTW - when we were there two years ago, we never needed to use our MB to access the walkway. I was a little surprised by that, to be honest.

Thanks for the pictures! We're checking in to a 1br Lake View on Feb 7. We had a studio two years ago and loved it, but noticed the significant difference in size compared to the CR; so this year we're going with a 1br to see if we like that better, or if the extra space would be overkill for just the two of us.

BTW - when we were there two years ago, we never needed to use our MB to access the walkway. I was a little surprised by that, to be honest.

Be careful. Once you stay in a one bedroom it is hard to go back to a studio lol. My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom pre baby and we loved it. Now it is hard for us to stay in a regular room with our toddler. We even decided against a CL level room because we love the space and amenities of the one bedroom!

Hi everyone. We have a one bedroom lake view at BLT booked for our 10th anniversary in june (we were married in Disney so it's special). We would have booked TPV but it was not available. We paid cash but used our 25% off DVC discount so that was nice.

We requested North side, even number upper floor. Is this the best request to hopefully (fingers crossed and pixie dust) get a semi TPV? We had one of these lake view studios booked a few years ago and it was so awesome. TIA!

We didn't have to either this past week, though I never noticed a problem with large crowds. We watched Wishes on the first night from the elevator area on our floor and nobody else was there, and the next night from the walkway. We had just returned from Epcot and were afraid of it possibly getting cancelled the next night due to weather and really the walkway was relatively empty of people. There was a security guard walking around so I imagine if it got crowded he might have started asking if people were staying there but with so few people it isn't worth the hassle. I guess until it becomes an issue it is easier to just keep the doors on automatic.

We enjoyed the stay very much. Our first night we went up to ToTW after Wishes for a couple drinks and had a good time. The place really clears out after the fireworks and we had no problem getting a seat by the window. I had requested a high floor and even number room and they came through with the "14th" floor (come on, we all know what floor it is...) but we were on the inside of the C. I was a bit disappointed but honestly the view was still great. It was fun to look out at old Discovery Island and joke about it being haunted and we had a great view of the Electric Water Pageant. My only complaint is that the sliding doors for the bathrooms were just a bad idea. Otherwise a great villa and I will probably stay there again sometime. I may have been as sad to leave as my daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter