• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hoping this is the right place to ask about this!
We are looking at the 2 bedroom villas at BLT and have seen 2 different floor plans. Does anyone know...are there 2 entrances to the room? Or perhaps we're seeing 2 different floor plans because some are one way and some are the other?

Layout 1: https://www.dvcrequest.com/images/resorts/bay-lake-tower/bay-lake-tower-one-two-bedroom_sm.jpg
Layout 2: http://**************.net/wp-conten...a-Bay-Lake-Tower-from-**************.net_.jpg

Thank you!

Hoping this is the right place to ask about this!
We are looking at the 2 bedroom villas at BLT and have seen 2 different floor plans. Does anyone know...are there 2 entrances to the room? Or perhaps we're seeing 2 different floor plans because some are one way and some are the other?

Layout 1: https://www.dvcrequest.com/images/resorts/bay-lake-tower/bay-lake-tower-one-two-bedroom_sm.jpg
Layout 2: http://**************.net/wp-conten...a-Bay-Lake-Tower-from-**************.net_.jpg

Thank you!
If you have a lockoff two bedroom villa, you will have an entrance from the one bedroom section and another from the studio section (that's what a lockoff is - a one bedroom connected to a studio). A dedicated (always a two bedroom and only a two bedroom) will have one entrance from the living room/kitchen living space. A lockoff will also have a queen bed and double sleeper sofa plus a kitchenette in the studio portion. The second bedroom of the dedicated will be two queen beds, no kitchenette.

In addition, the villas on the inside of the C are a bit different from the ones on the outside of the C. The ones on the inside don't have bar stools at the kitchen island and have a nice sized laundry room. The ones on the outside of the C have a the bar stools and a smaller laundry closet.

The two sketches you have are both on the outside of the C. The first is the lockoff. The second is the dedicated.

If you have a lockoff two bedroom villa, you will have an entrance from the one bedroom section and another from the studio section (that's what a lockoff is - a one bedroom connected to a studio). A dedicated (always a two bedroom and only a two bedroom) will have one entrance from the living room/kitchen living space. A lockoff will also have a queen bed and double sleeper sofa plus a kitchenette in the studio portion. The second bedroom of the dedicated will be two queen beds, no kitchenette.

In addition, the villas on the inside of the C are a bit different from the ones on the outside of the C. The ones on the inside don't have bar stools at the kitchen island and have a nice sized laundry room. The ones on the outside of the C have a the bar stools and a smaller laundry closet.

The two sketches you have are both on the outside of the C. The first is the lockoff. The second is the dedicated.

That is awesome info, thank you! Do you know if we are able to choose which one we'd like or is it just assigned to us? We are checking out David's DVC rentals (are in a queue right now).

That is awesome info, thank you! Do you know if we are able to choose which one we'd like or is it just assigned to us? We are checking out David's DVC rentals (are in a queue right now).
Back in the old days when there were fewer DVC resorts, if you booked a two bedroom villa, they put you in the dedicated unless you specifically requested lockoff. And lockoffs were assigned after the dedicated were gone. Now, dedicated or lockoff is usually a booking category. So if you want the dedicated, make sure you let David know that.

For inside or outside the C, that is not a booking category and you get what you get.

Back in the old days when there were fewer DVC resorts, if you booked a two bedroom villa, they put you in the dedicated unless you specifically requested lockoff. And lockoffs were assigned after the dedicated were gone. Now, dedicated or lockoff is usually a booking category. So if you want the dedicated, make sure you let David know that.

For inside or outside the C, that is not a booking category and you get what you get.
^This. You can choose between 2-bedroom and 2-bedroom lockoff. As for inside or outside of the C you can request even numbered for outside and odd number for inside. Send your request to David's sometime after you get booked and the DVC member you are renting from will put that request in (as always, a request is not a guarantee).

Does anybody know if Contempo Cafe offers whole pizza take out like the value resorts? OR can we order pizza from an outside vendor (like PapaJohns) and have it delivered to the hotel lobby? I know they wont give the driver access to the rooms but will they let them past security? OR could I just wait at the security guard shack for the delivery driver? Our first day in we will arrive about 2:30 and would like to just chill at the pool with a family dinner poolside. We are staying in a studio so not able to just purchase frozen pizza to cook and we are planning on flying in- so no car. If neither of the above pizza options are available, any suggestions for a relaxing first evening in? (we are staying 11 nights so plenty of park time to be had)

JUST FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION IN ANOTHER THREAD:
Thanks RustyScrupper
OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.
WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:

Last edited:
I had this same observation about the floors during our trip this past September. We were on the 12th floor. The floor was somewhat 'lumpy' in spots with one small in particular that was very 'soft'... so much so that I made it a point to avoid it. Gave me a weird feeling! lol....

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

The room was so expensive, to have the floor feel that way kind of turned me off. Plus there was the funny smell, almost like a moldy/musty smell. We loved the size of the room, though, and the location and view cannot be beat. Bummed to hear that the floor issue wasn't just our room.

We will be staying at BLT for the first time in January. We have a TPV. I would like to check in online so that we may get a text and go right to our room. Can anyone tell me the choices of requests available? More importantly do you like one request over another. This is a Birthday/Graduation trip for our DD and she has always wanted to stay here so I would like to make it as special as possible. TIA

We will be staying at BLT for the first time in January. We have a TPV. I would like to check in online so that we may get a text and go right to our room. Can anyone tell me the choices of requests available? More importantly do you like one request over another. This is a Birthday/Graduation trip for our DD and she has always wanted to stay here so I would like to make it as special as possible. TIA
For TPV it is a dedicated bank of rooms so request not as important as when having a std or lake view.

We are also going in Jan in a 1br tpv. I think the choices are lower floor, upper floor, near elevator.

This is a must read when staying at BLt:
work2play's BLT ROOM VIEW/NUMBER THREAD

I will be happy with any room higher than 6th floor. I don't want the monorail in my way. I have had 7 and 8th floor lake views and felt those were plenty high enough.

Hi everyone! I booked our first stay (and first ever deluxe resort stay!) at BLT for next year, Aug 27-Sept 3.

I know they pipe in the music for Wishes to the observation deck at the CR, but do they also pipe in the Hallowishes music on party nights? Or not, since the special fireworks are part of the party? We went to MNSSHP in 2014 and may do it again if the parties start in early Sept next year, but if we don't it'd be fun to still see the fireworks from the CR.

Hi there...so excited for our first ever Disney trip this February!! We are currently booked in a 1 br at Jambo house at the AKL, but after watching some videos of the monorail, I am wondering about a switch to the Contemporary.

My 5 year old son loves loves loves trains, & when I showed him the video, he absolutely lit up! So my question to all you veteran Contemporary people is this...are there any rooms that he can watch the monorail from our balcony? I hope it isn't a completely newbie question, & apologize if it is...just trying to plan for the best experience for him :)

Thank you!
Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter