Disney's College of Knowledge?

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
I have seen that some TA's are college of knowledge graduates. What is this? Can anyone give me more info? Thanks!

It is a correspondence course that Travel agents can take. You study about the different resorts, cruise line, etc. You are tested on the information and then you graduate from the course. They also have advanced classes you can take on WDW property during the year.

I did it and really enjoyed the course.

yep one of the first courses I took when I became a TA as well :)

It was a great course, but it is strictly for travel agents.

Did you become travel agents through a correspondence course or in a classroom setting. Would like more info on becoming a travel agent, if anyone has any.

I also graduated from Disney's College of Knowledge. It was actually a pretty easy test.

I also graduated from the College of Disney Knowledge. It's not exactly rocket science.

For the person that asked about becoming a travel agent, keep in mind that this is training you take AFTER you are an agent. It's not a means to become an agent. For me, I took an online program which took me about 6 months to complete. After that, I signed with a host agency and incorporated my business. Then I took supplier trainings, including the Disney one. Only after that did I feel confident to start selling travel.

In addition, I am constantly doing continuing education. The Disney course requires to you to take refreshers. Almost every single supplier out there has trainings. I have done them through cruise lines, hotels, various tourist boards. I am also looking into taking a marketing course. An agent that can't be bothered to keep up with his/her training is an agent that isn't worth a darn.

I did the same as MDSoccermom. It's a great course. The main thing is that you need a host agency so you can get the other certifications you need, like CLIA. There are many around so be sure you get a good one that will be helpful while you are learning.

This is an old thread, but I have been looking into this as well. What are the good online courses to become an agent and then, how do you find a host agency?

Some agencies don't require you to have taken online courses and many online courses require you be associated with an agency to take the course. To sign up with an agency, you could do a google search or contact an agent you know to find out about signing up with them.

This is an old thread, but I have been looking into this as well. What are the good online courses to become an agent and then, how do you find a host agency?

You can get a list of host agencies from the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) website. Keep in mind, not all hosts are created equal. You want to look at their fee structure, commission splits, the training and support they offer.

There will be other expenses you will want to look into - the cost of incorporating your business, errors and omissions insurance (you will probably be covered under a host, but may want your own policy), a client management system (I subscribe to one rather than use it through my host to give me autonomy), etc.

I also graduated from the College of Disney Knowledge. It's not exactly rocket science.

For the person that asked about becoming a travel agent, keep in mind that this is training you take AFTER you are an agent. It's not a means to become an agent. For me, I took an online program which took me about 6 months to complete. After that, I signed with a host agency and incorporated my business. Then I took supplier trainings, including the Disney one. Only after that did I feel confident to start selling travel.

In addition, I am constantly doing continuing education. The Disney course requires to you to take refreshers. Almost every single supplier out there has trainings. I have done them through cruise lines, hotels, various tourist boards. I am also looking into taking a marketing course. An agent that can't be bothered to keep up with his/her training is an agent that isn't worth a darn.
Which course did you take for the 6 months if you don't mind sharing? Thanks xx

So can I get advice on being a TA? And what companies are good ones? I have been wanting to do this for awhile now

So can I get advice on being a TA? And what companies are good ones? I have been wanting to do this for awhile now

Are you asking if you can get this info from Disney? If so, the answer is no. This is training on Disney. You can't even take the training until you are with an agency. You need the agency info to sign up.

The best thing to do is to start researching agencies. Inquire as to how they work with their agents. If you do a search on the DIS, you'll find a bunch of threads on this, subject.

Are you asking if you can get this info from Disney? If so, the answer is no. This is training on Disney. You can't even take the training until you are with an agency. You need the agency info to sign up.

The best thing to do is to start researching agencies. Inquire as to how they work with their agents. If you do a search on the DIS, you'll find a bunch of threads on this, subject.

Thanks, for the advice. I think I found a host agency so I'm excited to get started!

It is a correspondence course that Travel agents can take. You study about the different resorts, cruise line, etc. You are tested on the information and then you graduate from the course. They also have advanced classes you can take on WDW property during the year.

I did it and really enjoyed the course.
Would you happen to know how to get in touch with them? I did this course many years ago and passed but then my college changed hands and I never got my ears and such

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter