Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just popping in to say hi and tell everyone what an absolutely wonderful stay we had at the beginning of December at GF RPC. The lobby was a total madhouse, so I think we would opt for the week before Thanksgiving next time, even if that meant no tree. Getting the elevator up to the club on the weekends was a time-consuming process, very annoying. I treated my mom to a CL room, MVMCP with a dessert party add-on, and dinner at Narcooosees. She had a wonderful time, and even though the cost was obscene, it was worth every single cent! The club staff, as always, remains superlative. (BTW, if I didn't post this when I was there, one of the CMs confirmed that they are supposed to be limiting drinks to 2/hour/guest. I don't know if that's actual practice, though, it kind of seems like they don't care as long as you're not pounding wine all day long. Intermittent pounding is just fine ;). )

My absence - I know I'd mentioned that my dad had recently gone into memory care after a long time being cared for (by Mom) at home, and that there was some family conflict about it. I know that being able to get away helped her immensely. Unfortunately, I found myself headed right back in Florida days after our trip, as my dad abruptly declined. He passed away while I was on the flight on the way back out, so I have a lot of *feelings* about whether I made the right choices in that last week - I needed bit of a break before I came back to post. My trips to Florida are going to be less frequent now, though I will still visit, of course. I will always be grateful to Disney for being a salve of joy during these last few sad and stressful years - and also, especially, to all of you for providing such a wonderful community. I do plan on going back out for MVMCP this year (need to book that room, like yesterday...), and I'll probably keep my AP just because I'd love to visit enough to justify it!!!

In the meantime, it looks like I can no longer avoid DL, as my sister wants to stop there for 2 days as part of a larger trip. I live in SoCal but have rarely visited since I'm just a WDW girl, born and raised. Any tips on DL vs GC club levels would be appreciated, even though this isn't the right thread for it - feel free to PM me! The cost difference is quite a bit, but from everything I've read, there is no comparison. I've seen firsthand that GC is a more WDW-like atmosphere.

Just popping in to say hi and tell everyone what an absolutely wonderful stay we had at the beginning of December at GF RPC. The lobby was a total madhouse, so I think we would opt for the week before Thanksgiving next time, even if that meant no tree. Getting the elevator up to the club on the weekends was a time-consuming process, very annoying. I treated my mom to a CL room, MVMCP with a dessert party add-on, and dinner at Narcooosees. She had a wonderful time, and even though the cost was obscene, it was worth every single cent! The club staff, as always, remains superlative. (BTW, if I didn't post this when I was there, one of the CMs confirmed that they are supposed to be limiting drinks to 2/hour/guest. I don't know if that's actual practice, though, it kind of seems like they don't care as long as you're not pounding wine all day long. Intermittent pounding is just fine ;). )

My absence - I know I'd mentioned that my dad had recently gone into memory care after a long time being cared for (by Mom) at home, and that there was some family conflict about it. I know that being able to get away helped her immensely. Unfortunately, I found myself headed right back in Florida days after our trip, as my dad abruptly declined. He passed away while I was on the flight on the way back out, so I have a lot of *feelings* about whether I made the right choices in that last week - I needed bit of a break before I came back to post. My trips to Florida are going to be less frequent now, though I will still visit, of course. I will always be grateful to Disney for being a salve of joy during these last few sad and stressful years - and also, especially, to all of you for providing such a wonderful community. I do plan on going back out for MVMCP this year (need to book that room, like yesterday...), and I'll probably keep my AP just because I'd love to visit enough to justify it!!!

In the meantime, it looks like I can no longer avoid DL, as my sister wants to stop there for 2 days as part of a larger trip. I live in SoCal but have rarely visited since I'm just a WDW girl, born and raised. Any tips on DL vs GC club levels would be appreciated, even though this isn't the right thread for it - feel free to PM me! The cost difference is quite a bit, but from everything I've read, there is no comparison. I've seen firsthand that GC is a more WDW-like atmosphere.
So sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. My prayers are with you and your family. 🙏🏻

it was so nice to meet your mom! I am also truly sorry for the loss of your Dad. I know how hard It was for you to live so far away.

Compare and contrast,

GCH looks like WL but acts like GF RPC as far as service. The lounge is nice and has a balcony which is something we really enjoyed! The tea time was really nice! The cms are older and more responsive than wdw.

DLH looks so much like CR Atrium with the views of the park and dtd. The food and drinks were pretty similar. Again older staff. My big mistake was not knowing to tip staff my 1st trip. The 2nd one we did and it helps speed wine delivery lol.

Times and offerings were pretty similar to wdw. If we go back I would do either one. I loved walking into the park from GCH but DLH pool and traders was fun!

it was so nice to meet your mom! I am also truly sorry for the loss of your Dad. I know how hard It was for you to live so far away.

Compare and contrast,

GCH looks like WL but acts like GF RPC as far as service. The lounge is nice and has a balcony which is something we really enjoyed! The tea time was really nice! The cms are older and more responsive than wdw.

DLH looks so much like CR Atrium with the views of the park and dtd. The food and drinks were pretty similar. Again older staff. My big mistake was not knowing to tip staff my 1st trip. The 2nd one we did and it helps speed wine delivery lol.

Times and offerings were pretty similar to wdw. If we go back I would do either one. I loved walking into the park from GCH but DLH pool and traders was fun!
She also enjoyed meeting you - thank you for being so sweet to her. She has been through it the last few years. She really deserved that break, she deserves so much better than she's received.

We're looking forward to DL, but we found out our stay is overlapping a grad night. Ew... So whatever the extra cost is for GCH, it will be worth it. I will need access to wine (see above reference to pounding wine). Anyways, that was off topic, so thank you!

We were at GF the week before Christmas and I agree about the lobby. It was a complete madhouse. The line for the monorail stretched all the way back to the Enchanted Rose on the second floor.

On a similar note, my dad also passed away while we were there so I totally sympathize with your sentiment and offer condolences.

We were at GF the week before Christmas and I agree about the lobby. It was a complete madhouse. The line for the monorail stretched all the way back to the Enchanted Rose on the second floor.

On a similar note, my dad also passed away while we were there so I totally sympathize with your sentiment and offer condolences.
Oh, no. I’m so, so sorry. Sending a hug your way.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, truly.

Hope it’s okay to pop in here. We have stayed club at Portofino bay and hard rock. Portofino Bay was amazing. Their club offerings were really strong at every meal, and it all tasted so good. It was crowded and loud in the lounge during the dinner time though. Hard rock was awful. Just terrible. My husband said he felt like he was staying at a best western. Offerings were paltry. Food was bad. Employees were efficient but unfriendly.
I agree. We loved the offerings at PBH. We actually really enjoyed the resort in general. We made up for no daytime alcohol by drink by the pool and in the park.
Which view did you get? I tried so many different dates but was unable to find TPV CL,
I couldn't find any cl with a bb. I booked regular BWI with it, sometime in August I think. Only GF cl was available and my family hates that resort. They claim it's for girls 😬

So sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sending prayers to both of you and your families. Losing a parent is so difficult and I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain. My beautiful mother passed away almost 5 years ago and I still miss her everyday. That doesn't go away but you do get used to your new normal. Virtual hugs to you both.

Able to add club access at WL $149/night. The CM took a few minutes to check.

Data point..2A in the room. I don't know if room occupancy affects rate
You added club level? Does that mean you got a non-club level and just paid additional to have access?

WL appears to be the only Disney resort which allows non club guests to purchase club access at check in
You are correct. WL is the only CL where you may be able to purchase a CL add-on to a regular room. This is due to the reduction in the number of rooms on the 7th floor and the number of Deluxe rooms that had access the the Old Faithful lounge when the south wing of the lodge building was converted to CC DVC.

There was a recent discussion about the latest pricing of this option. It started at $59 per night and has slowly crept up to $149 per night for length of stay. This option is only available to purchase at the Front Desk on day of arrival only as capacity is limited.

Thanks to @Lewisc for confirming the price is the still $149 for the one of a kind of add-on.

Dave

We are finishing a four night stay at Gran Destino tower at Coronado Springs. We had booked a Standard View - Club Level room, but were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a One Bedroom suite. This has to be one of the best rooms we have stayed in at Disney. It has a second bathroom and is very quiet.

IMG_7752.jpeg
IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7755.jpeg
IMG_7757.jpeg

We have stayed at several club levels at Disney and the Chronos Lounge has to be one of the best. The staff is very helpful. The food offerings were great. We had a nice breakfast each morning and used the appetizer service for dinner a few times too.

I think it’s the least expensive option for staying club level, so definitely worth it.

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7810.jpeg

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7772.jpeg
IMG_7811.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter