• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So, I was looking at Page 1, trying to find AKL CL pics for the poster above, and ended up on Page 2 and I saw a post replying to ‘Upcoming CL stays’ and saw my name! This was our last CL stay at The Lodge because they were starting construction the following year to add CCV and we didn’t want to stay during it! Crazy that was 7 years ago!!

Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
mindystar - June 26-29, 2015
IzzyLovesMickey - July 23-25, 2015
nyy - August 7-16, 2015
PamelaKay - October 17-24, 2015
aVASTGrl - October 27-November 3, 2015
disneybounddd - November 5-9, 2015
mrsap - November 28-December 5, 2015

Has anyone stayed at the hotel at MCO? Flights are so ridiculously priced I'm debating flying in late the night before. Is it literally at the airport where we could walk to it? If we get in close to midnight I'm not sure it's worth going to disney hotel. It would be nice to wake up there but we will be exhausted. Pros/cons for either way?

Has anyone stayed at the hotel at MCO? Flights are so ridiculously priced I'm debating flying in late the night before. Is it literally at the airport where we could walk to it? If we get in close to midnight I'm not sure it's worth going to disney hotel. It would be nice to wake up there but we will be exhausted. Pros/cons for either way?
We've stayed at this Hyatt MCO several times. I really don't see any "cons" with the hotel. It's part of the airport and you can walk right into it.

We have stayed there for the very same reason and it worked out perfectly. Our flight landed at 11:00 pm and it was nice to just grab our luggage and get to the room to get some sleep. We left around 9:00 the next morning for our resort. We would’ve done this again for our trip in July, but the evening flight left from Richmond with a layover in Chicago before going to Orlando. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We've stayed at this Hyatt MCO several times. I really don't see any "cons" with the hotel. It's part of the airport and you can walk right into it.

We have stayed there for the very same reason and it worked out perfectly. Our flight landed at 11:00 pm and it was nice to just grab our luggage and get to the room to get some sleep. We left around 9:00 the next morning for our resort. We would’ve done this again for our trip in July, but the evening flight left from Richmond with a layover in Chicago before going to Orlando. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you. Good to know it's easy and walkable. Makes planning easier. I'm still in shock over flight prices. Almost 3x more then I usually pay.

Thank you. Good to know it's easy and walkable. Makes planning easier. I'm still in shock over flight prices. Almost 3x more then I usually pay.
We are doing this in a few weeks because I didn't want our first day at Disney to get screwed over because of changes in flight times. Looking forward to the winding down after flight day craziness- enjoying the pool and dinner there. We are getting up early, Tiffany Town Car picking us up at the Hyatt> Publix stop to pickup an online order> Contemporary CL for breakfast, then off to MK.

We did the MCO Hyatt thing once. Arrived 8-9 or so and figured it made sense. In reality we got there and were all hopped up on travel adrenaline - I sat there in bed trying to sleep and it quietly drove me a little nuts that WDW was only 30 mins away. Kids were wired and didn’t want to go to bed.

I would consider it again for a really late night arrival, but for us we learned that for travel we much prefer to just truck through and get to the destination.

YMMV though!

We own DVC but just booked a last minute trip for cash in May. I was able to grab AKL, CL, Savanna View for $549 a night so I jumped on it. My question...... Is Kilimanjaro Club back to full offerings? Breakfast there in the past has been unique and plentiful.
anyone?

I have not personally been to AKL CL since CL reopened but from pics/reports around here it looks the same/similar to pre closure to me. The only difference (which is something at all the CLs since reopening) is afternoon snack service is limited to some rather generic items - bags of chips, basic cookies, granola bars, etc. I used to really like AKL’s mid day snacks so that part is a bummer, but other services seem normal. Hopefully someone with recent experience will swing by to chime in as well.

Enjoy your trip.

I have not personally been to AKL CL since CL reopened but from pics/reports around here it looks the same/similar to pre closure to me. The only difference (which is something at all the CLs since reopening) is afternoon snack service is limited to some rather generic items - bags of chips, basic cookies, granola bars, etc. I used to really like AKL’s mid day snacks so that part is a bummer, but other services seem normal. Hopefully someone with recent experience will swing by to chime in as well.

Enjoy your trip.
Thank you for the information! We take advantage of the breakfast offerings daily. We are never at the resort for lunch and dinner is rare. We do like the late night snacks and drinks.

@trishadono, I think you were asking about this recently, but recent Tower Club wine selection FWIW. Never really understand the limited selections with such abundance right upstairs, if I’m being honest.

Decoy Chardonnay
Slate Riesling
Carmel Road Pinot Noir
Grayson Cabernet

3AB7B762-D043-4BF0-A34A-CD6F374E9B5E.jpeg

This is exactly what we're doing this time. We get in at almost 1 am so we're just planning to head to bed at the Hyatt for the night and then leave once we're rested in the morning.

@trishadono, I think you were asking about this recently, but recent Tower Club wine selection FWIW. Never really understand the limited selections with such abundance right upstairs, if I’m being honest.

Decoy Chardonnay
Slate Riesling
Carmel Road Pinot Noir
Grayson Cabernet

View attachment 666126
Dd is Pinot Grigio or Sav Blanc. Hmmm. Hopefully the sparkling is good or she can run to outer rim for a cocktail and bring it up.

Thanks for posting!

I agree , they probably have a back staircase somewhere ? Lol go fetch us something good? A girl can dream….

Thank you for the information! We take advantage of the breakfast offerings daily. We are never at the resort for lunch and dinner is rare. We do like the late night snacks and drinks.
I have stayed there twice post Covid. Breakfast is good and mimosas are available upon request!

Beware, the desserts often ran out of the good ones after 9pm. Sometimes they put Mickey bar ice creams or strawberry bars in a mini freezer by the wines.

Sometimes if we asked they would “find more” in the back.

Also water bottles upon request most times but sometimes ran out. Jan 2022 my last stay.

I have stayed there twice post Covid. Breakfast is good and mimosas are available upon request!

Beware, the desserts often ran out of the good ones after 9pm. Sometimes they put Mickey bar ice creams or strawberry bars in a mini freezer by the wines.

Sometimes if we asked they would “find more” in the back.

Also water bottles upon request most times but sometimes ran out. Jan 2022 my last stay.
I really enjoy the spiced corn beef hash at breakfast. I really hope it's back! It pairs well with a Tusker Beer

I changed my dates so we could go to the halloween party! So excited. Last year was a wash out and I've never been. We would be getting back sunday/Monday and ods goes to college that Thursday. Sounds a bit crazy. It was his choice. I completely left it up to him. Has anyone been able to get a CL with Disney + discount? None available our week.

Also, doing universal split. Has anyone stayed royal pacific CL? We did portofino bay last year and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I changed my dates so we could go to the hall party! So excited. Last year was a wash out and I've never been. We would be getting back sunday/Monday and ods goes to college that Thursday. Sounds a bit crazy. It was his choice. I completely left it up to him. Has anyone been able to get a CL with Disney + discount? None available our week.

Also, doing universal split. Has anyone stayed royal pacific CL? We did portofino bay last year and enjoyed it.
Did HR and PBH cl’s this past year. HRH was so sub par compared to PBR. I was surprised ?? I would be leery about RP.

The food quality was 1st thing lower and quantity 2nd thing lower if that helps.

Did HR and PBH cl’s this past year. HRH was so sub par compared to PBR. I was surprised ?? I would be leery about RP.

The food quality was 1st thing lower and quantity 2nd thing lower if that helps.
Hhmm. Thanks. I'm guessing RP will be even lower then. I found a review from last summer and there weren't any hot items for breakfast. We really liked PBH's breakfast. We had those wraps and potatoes every day. I just hated how far I was from the lounge. It just may be worth the hike. I will say there were times I wanted a coffee but didn't go because it was so far. I think we had the farthest room. We were literally telecast room down those winding halls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter