• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Our overall stay at AKL was fine but I’m not sure we will be back for a while. It was nice to have biscuits and gravy one morning and the overall breakfast offerings were good. I think the CMs were pretty overwhelmed. The lounge seemed overly crowded and we always had to go looking for a CM if we needed something. Also the wait at Mara was awful (even with mobile order). We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club a bit more than our stay at AKL.

Our overall stay at AKL was fine but I’m not sure we will be back for a while. It was nice to have biscuits and gravy one morning and the overall breakfast offerings were good. I think the CMs were pretty overwhelmed. The lounge seemed overly crowded and we always had to go looking for a CM if we needed something. Also the wait at Mara was awful (even with mobile order). We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club a bit more than our stay at AKL.
Funny you say that. I was reading another board and a poster said they stayed at AKL in Club and had friends who were in a few regular rooms there. Supposedly the CM's in the Club told him it was fine to bring his non-Club friends in, as long as one person had a room on Club level. He was asking if he could do this at other resorts, too because he was going to be booking a larger block of rooms and was only going to book one on Club level to pay less, but still get the rest of the group into the Club lounge (he did not specify what resort he was planning on staying at). From all of my experiences with Club levels at Disney and other hotels, this is not allowed, though some will permit guests for an additional fee (non Disney). Have things changed??? It's been since pre-covid that I booked Club level at Disney.

Funny you say that. I was reading another board and a poster said they stayed at AKL in Club and had friends who were in a few regular rooms there. Supposedly the CM's in the Club told him it was fine to bring his non-Club friends in, as long as one person had a room on Club level. He was asking if he could do this at other resorts, too because he was going to be booking a larger block of rooms and was only going to book one on Club level to pay less, but still get the rest of the group into the Club lounge (he did not specify what resort he was planning on staying at). From all of my experiences with Club levels at Disney and other hotels, this is not allowed, though some will permit guests for an additional fee (non Disney). Have things changed??? It's been since pre-covid that I booked Club level at Disney.
I would not even worry about this. The CMs seem to know exactly who should be in the lounge. At the crazy prices they feel the need to charge, there is no way they are going to let people go for free.

Score! I have been checking available rooms under passholder discounts for our upcoming trip, since the first part at YC was at the general public discount, and the Contemporary Tower Club night was at rack rate, and I was feeling especially guilty about the Tower Club night since it is so stupid expensive.

I gave in today, as a non-CL MK view room was available at the discount, and I figured maybe I’d forego the club access to save a couple hundred bucks. However, when I went in to Change my reservation, it offered me the passholder discount on my existing room as one of the available options. It didn’t do that the last time I’d checked, and a Tower King room wasn’t one of the options showing up as available when I’d searched separately. Grabbed the discount, and saved us a cool $110 on the one night, which is enough to appease my guilty conscience. Woo hoo!

So, the moral is, look in the Change section for your reservations every once in a while to see if a better discount has miraculously appeared.

Score! I have been checking available rooms under passholder discounts for our upcoming trip, since the first part at YC was at the general public discount, and the Contemporary Tower Club night was at rack rate, and I was feeling especially guilty about the Tower Club night since it is so stupid expensive.

I gave in today, as a non-CL MK view room was available at the discount, and I figured maybe I’d forego the club access to save a couple hundred bucks. However, when I went in to Change my reservation, it offered me the passholder discount on my existing room as one of the available options. It didn’t do that the last time I’d checked, and a Tower King room wasn’t one of the options showing up as available when I’d searched separately. Grabbed the discount, and saved us a cool $110 on the one night, which is enough to appease my guilty conscience. Woo hoo!

So, the moral is, look in the Change section for your reservations every once in a while to see if a better discount has miraculously appeared.
I've been periodically checking my BWI Deluxe room that I booked under the public save $500 off of 5 nights discount to see if the passholder one ever shows up, and no dice so far. I try change room most often, if I have time I also try to check on a new reservation. It's still over 3 months away, so there's time, but since there are so few of those rooms my hopes aren't too high.

i had a very magical phone call today; i was on my way to my pain management doctor to refill scripts before heading to wdw and the BWI CL next week; my cell goes off, and the car display says 407-xxx-xxxx; i said to myself, no way am i getting a spam call from 407, it would be sacrilege, and i was right; i answered the call saying 'this is definitely a magical call from the happiest place on earth, right?' and it was Deanna from the inkeepers club checking on my needs; i told her which deluxe room numbers i prefer and am aware there is no guarantee; we had at least 10 minute convo and i told her how her magical call made my day and after our last trip feb 2020 and canceling 5 trips we can't wait to return to the magic of the BWI and WDW;

The YC was fine with gf for us in the past- not above and beyond, but accommodating. They had a gf toaster and gf bread of some type for the morning, and would get separate butter/cream cheese since at least then they used a communal plate. They typically had at least some gf options, but IIRC the YC and BC CLs never offered to get us a separate meal or separate options or anything, like some of the other CLs have. That is what I would call above and beyond. But we were always happy and fine with the options. Also, this was all pre-COVID so who knows now.
So far, things have been great here for us! They had chicken tenders as an option last night, and they brought us gluten-free chicken tenders since we couldn’t eat the regular ones. They also brought us a plate of gluten-free rolls to use for the pork sliders. They have pancakes for breakfast this morning (my DH looked when he got coffee) so we’ll see what they are able to do when we eat breakfast later. We’ve found that it sometimes depends on who you ask/who is working, so I’m glad that has been the case here too so far! Since reopening, the CLs seem to be offering much better options for breakfast and evening appetizers, I assume to make up for the lack of items mid day??

So far, things have been great here for us! They had chicken tenders as an option last night, and they brought us gluten-free chicken tenders since we couldn’t eat the regular ones. They also brought us a plate of gluten-free rolls to use for the pork sliders. They have pancakes for breakfast this morning (my DH looked when he got coffee) so we’ll see what they are able to do when we eat breakfast later. We’ve found that it sometimes depends on who you ask/who is working, so I’m glad that has been the case here too so far! Since reopening, the CLs seem to be offering much better options for breakfast and evening appetizers, I assume to make up for the lack of items mid day??
That is so great! We just came back from GDT CL and I was so pleasantly surprised by how accommodating the club (and Disney as a whole) was about dietary restrictions. I have always heard that they were, but this was my first trip since my DD 11 months has started eating solids. She unfortunately is allergic to everything under the sun. The club made sure to bring out special allergy friendly deserts and snacks for her, so she could participate in the club experience!

I've been trying to edit my club level room from theme park to standard and it keeps going back to the original reservation. I might just have to cancel and rebook instead of modifying reservations.

I can’t remember if I posted this or not, but we had a wonderful stay at BC CL. The cast members were so friendly and helpful. Food/drink was good. The Nespresso machine was a hit with all of us.

Our flight home got canceled, and while they couldn’t work any magic to get us a room for two additional nights, they were sympathetic and kind. We would up moving to The Contemporary which was nice.We own DVC at Bay Lake but have never stayed at CR. Our Incredibles room was a nice size and the decor was fun. The noise from the atrium was annoying, but that would be my only complaint about the room.

I've been periodically checking my BWI Deluxe room that I booked under the public save $500 off of 5 nights discount to see if the passholder one ever shows up, and no dice so far. I try change room most often, if I have time I also try to check on a new reservation. It's still over 3 months away, so there's time, but since there are so few of those rooms my hopes aren't too high.
I got it!! I was randomly checking a few minutes ago and clicked change reservation, scrolled down, and passholder rate was available for the BWI deluxe room for our week! We saved well over an additional $150 a night, on top of the $100 we were already saving with the GP offer of $100 off a night. I'm so excited, more than I should be lol! At this rate its *only* in the ballpark of $100 more a night (the weeknights) than we paid for our AOA suite during President's Day week. That's crazy, this is soooo much better and with 6 people we will easily actually make the difference up with breakfasts, apps, and drinks! This is over July 4th also, so it's not like it's a crazy slow time (that don't exist anymore anyway).

edited to add I just checked, our 8 night stay is only $1100 more to stay CL at the BWI than it was to stay at a value resort (AOA family suite) for the same number of nights! That's absurd, but I'm not sure which aspect of it is the most absurd part lol. Either way, I'll take this for sure - walking distance to two parks and Club level with a guaranteed BW view, over a holiday - at an actual decent price considering the use we intend to get out of the lounge feeding 4 growing boys and my diet coke addiction haha.

Last edited:
Just booked Club Level for 4 nights in May at Coronado/Chronos. Doing a split stay (2nd half I'll be at Swan Reserve). I have to work during my first half so I feel the Club Level will be perfect as I'll be at the resort most of the time. Have yet to experience the Chronos Club....so I'm excited. Lounge looks beautiful and spacious! Will be sure to post photos.

Question— I have a BWI CL stay in June and want to make a room request ( it’s the deluxe)I believe for the 3rd floor since I’m getting the idea that the balcony is slightly bigger.
Do I have to call the long regular Disney number or is this something where I can directly call BWI CL concierge and have them make the notation. And if so, where would I go about finding that number? Would this be calling what is called Disney Signature Services, although that seems like it could help as it is for all CL resort stays ?

Last edited:
Question— I have a BWI CL stay in June and want to make a room request ( it’s the deluxe)I believe for the 3rd floor since I’m getting the idea that the balcony is slightly bigger.
Do I have to call the long regular Disney number or is this something where I can directly call BWI CL concierge and have them make the notation. And if so, where would I go about finding that number? Would this be calling what is called Disney Signature Services, although that seems like it could help as it is for all CL resort stays ?
Signature Services will put in that request for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter