• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Actually, you need a certain number of posts to be able to do pics. I think it’s 10, and you have 9. So if you get to 10 and then give the system a bit of time to update, you’ll see more functionality. Hope that helps!
I realized that also with a quick google search. I was using a new account because honestly I couldn't find the email to get into my new account. I since have done that and its all showing now !! Lol, I have been using disboards since 2000 !!!

Also wanted to mention. The desk staff was great !! We had an issue I don't want to get into on this thread because it isn't resort related but the staff assisted us in getting in touch with the proper folks and we were cleared for late check out tuesday ! Over all the desk staff and lounge staff were fabulous . ( even if the housekeeping wasn't )

Oh .. one more thing !!! Beach club and Yacht Club related. Where is the SUNSCREEN ?? We did all carryon because it was such a short trip . I figured I would just buy suncreen and not bother flying with it. NONE avail at either resort. I asked at the CL desk and was told they used to have it behind counter, he even looked all up in the cabinets and baskets etc. He said walmart would deliver next day , but we were only there 2days. He then called housekeeping to put in a ' work order " for it . I don't know what that means but he said it would be delivered to room. Later on I got a message from housekeeping saying they don't have sunscreen and I can buy it in the gift shop. ( kind of wierd ) I did not expect housekeeping would have it . I just figured I would ask at the desk. As a result we didn't stay at pool too long. Lesson learned .

Your view was great. Glad to hear the staff was so helpful in resolving your situation.

p.s. is there still oatmeal every morning??

Oh .. one more thing !!! Beach club and Yacht Club related. Where is the SUNSCREEN ?? We did all carryon because it was such a short trip . I figured I would just buy suncreen and not bother flying with it. NONE avail at either resort. I asked at the CL desk and was told they used to have it behind counter, he even looked all up in the cabinets and baskets etc. He said walmart would deliver next day , but we were only there 2days. He then called housekeeping to put in a ' work order " for it . I don't know what that means but he said it would be delivered to room. Later on I got a message from housekeeping saying they don't have sunscreen and I can buy it in the gift shop. ( kind of wierd ) I did not expect housekeeping would have it . I just figured I would ask at the desk. As a result we didn't stay at pool too long. Lesson learned .
I could swear that one time I got a small bottle of spray sunscreen in my CL room. And I thought it was YC.

On occasion I’ve had small bottles of sunscreen in my room among the toiletries, but that has generally been in suites/above-standard rooms and it has been inconsistent. Haven’t seen any in awhile.

I do recall maybe having it a time or two in standard rooms at YC, but my memory is fuzzy as to specifics. I probably have pics somewhere on this thread from a trip way back when. :-)

Nope, We had a knock on door once to offer towels , but not a room clean ever. Wierd . I was at the pool when the towels came so maybe they would have come in then if my husband wasn't in the room, I don't know. I do miss the daily cleaning AS WELL , as the nightly turn down service with the chocolate on the pillow !!

FWIW, yours is the only report I’ve seen from any of the CLs (including YC) that didn’t get daily full housekeeping. Disney never said as such but that’s been the deal since the CLs reopened.

I think you got a bad mousekeeper or just had bad luck.

Probably not a fair comment, but YC housekeeping has always felt a little scattered and slow to me, so I guess things are operating as normal. ;-)

Thanks of the all of your pics - food looks great!

In years past, there always were water bottles available!

We have stayed YC CL for over 20 years, usually a few times a year. YC only rarely had water bottles, even when most other CLs had them. . Just for about a year, maybe 6-8 years ago.

I could swear that one time I got a small bottle of spray sunscreen in my CL room. And I thought it was YC.

Yes, for a few years YC definitely had small bottles of sunscreen in the room. But we always had the lotion, not spray type. I haven’t read any reports of sunscreen in resorts since club levels reopened.

A couple of things (and just a warning, one isn't CL related, I just trust y'alls opinions and feel safer from mean people in here lol). First, I have a standard BWI CL room booked for my solo trip in June, would love to request a room with a king bed but don't trust TP room finder. Does anyone have any idea, or a chart that shows, what rooms are king? I always feel so awkward having a room with two queens on a solo trip, that one bed I feel like I should just lay down on every now and then so it doesn't feel left out.

On to the non-CL thing, that y'all can help me with or not (technically, can ignore me on both if you want): I just booked my first trip to DLR for July, wasn't even in my vision but I had a companion ticket to use and my daughter wants to try something new, so here we go. Staying at Disneyland Hotel, not CL because we want to try all the food there (we'll probably be back for a longer trip and do CL on a future trip with the family, on a more chill trip), but I have no clue about places to eat there. Has anyone in here been to DLR and have any favorite TS places they like to go to, or just skip it all and stuff ourselves silly with churros (my daughters idea)?
I can tell you that room 4237 is a king room directly across from the lounge. It is our favorite room with a great boardwalk view!

Have done YC CL pre-COVID and am a little on the fence about whether to go back to CL or just a regular rooms (and do more nice ADR’s) for a summer trip. I’d love to hear your review of the YC CL
We are here now and other than the afternoon snacks, our stay has been wonderful. Tonight in the lounge they had chicken tenders, pork bbq, and brisket with mashed potatoes. Everything was so good and the CMs have been outstanding.

We are here now and other than the afternoon snacks, our stay has been wonderful. Tonight in the lounge they had chicken tenders, pork bbq, and brisket with mashed potatoes. Everything was so good and the CMs have been outstanding.

Thank you. Appreciate your impressions. 😀

Btw, have you been getting daily housekeeping?

Quick question for anyone that has done WL CL recently. Years past I thought access to the Old Faithful Lounge would stop after 10pm, not just that the cast members were ending their shifts then. So if you hadn’t gotten any snacks or beverages before then you were out of luck until 7am the following day. Was or is that still the case? Or is it accessible 24 hours?

Quick question for anyone that has done WL CL recently. Years past I thought access to the Old Faithful Lounge would stop after 10pm, not just that the cast members were ending their shifts then. So if you hadn’t gotten any snacks or beverages before then you were out of luck until 7am the following day. Was or is that still the case? Or is it accessible 24 hours?
Someone else who remembers better can chime in but I don’t remember the closing time, but I do remember that when it’s closed it’s closed. In the morning, however, before the lounge opens, they put a little tea cart out in the hall with coffee carafe and a little something you could eat like a basket of mini muffin or something. I always get a coffee early there.
You can,however, always ask a cast member for something and they will get it for you. If they have it.
This was pre Covid information hopefully still the same

It’s tricky to explain. The center area where the food is gets closed but the seating around railings with lobby below you can still use. I haven’t been post Covid but unless they built new walls or doors you can walk to those areas. I sat there late a few times just enjoying watching people coming and going.

Good advice! A family member just returned from a club level stay at the Coronado tower. They had an issue with the buses to MK one day & made them miss the resort guest early entry. She messaged resort management thru the link sent in the welcome email. She heard back quickly & her party was given 2 lightening lane experiences each as compensation. She did not expect or ask for anything, but just wanted them aware of the frustration on not being able to take advantage of this guest benefit. It was great customer recovery & absolutely an appropriate response.

I know that’s not related to club level, but just want to illustrate that it does help to let management know when you have problems.
Just returned from my first CL stay (ever!) at the Gran Destino Tower, and I too was SUPER impressed with the hotel service and their eagerness to please, both inside the club and around the resort! We stay at all levels (value, moderate Deluxe), but increasingly often Deluxe in recent years. Every time I have a trip to Coronado though I am reminded why it is one of my favorites, ahead of some of the deluxe hotels.

You stayed YC cl and got no housekeeping? Seriously? I’ve stayed BC cl twice and BWI once and had housekeeping every day. I wonder what’s up with YC!!
We had full housekeeping daily at GDT CL in Feb.

YC in July (we were on the CL floor but it hadn't opened yet)- ZERO housekeeping. Like, they wouldn't even remove the dirty garbage with diapers or replace towels upon request. On occasion new coffee pods would appear- but otherwise, nothing. We were so disappointed that the agreed upon every other day was not even upheld.

Last edited:
That’s terrible.
I know... 😢Yacht Club experience was so terrible, the only Disney resort I can say with confidence I will never return to. Room surfaces were sticky upon arrival, and they never came to wipe down even though we asked serval times. My 3 year old (at the time) son also had a medical emergency while we were there (no fault of the hotel) and it was handled very insensitively (though Disney itself went out of their way to give us a better experience with comped nights at another hotel after the fact). I was excited to stay at the YC but definitely wont return. If I want Storm Along Bay I will go to BC, which I have fond memories of as a child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter