Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

On occasion I’ve had good success asking the CL CMs for assistance canceling a same day reservation with no penalty when we’ve needed to change plans. I’ve never really known if that’s an official policy or just selective pixie dust, but it can be worth asking, IMO. Assuming you’re around the resort that would typically be easier/quicker than calling DSS.
Do they still accept texts? I don't use DSS much so haven't tried in quite sometime.

Ok. Just saying I have had issues depending on the ADR. Like say, oh, Space 220. That's a tough reservation to get in the first place. If you try to move it to a future date, odds are low you'll find a spot. Sure it's worth trying but it's no where near as easy as it was.
I have had the same issue. We canceled an ogas cantina in August and the desk (no CL yet) didn't want to do. Said she needed special permission and we should keep it. I told her thank you anyway and just to forget it. Then she did it. It was weird. The reservation was snapped up instantly (I checked lol) and was at park closing so there would have been no issue filling the seat. Oh, I canceled because my kids were exhausted after multiple travel delays so a decent reason🤷‍♀️

Ok. Just saying I have had issues depending on the ADR. Like say, oh, Space 220. That's a tough reservation to get in the first place. If you try to move it to a future date, odds are low you'll find a spot. Sure it's worth trying but it's no where near as easy as it was.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, Space and Ogas might be an issue, they didn’t specify which restaurant. Just trying to help them save a step while on vacation.

Just got my WL CL welcome email! We are 10 days out. Looks like it provides a dedicated phone number for them as well. I will give them a call soon to ask about my allergy concerns. This means we are getting so close!!!

We are staying at YC on our upcoming trip - we've booked CL for the last three trips at BC but the parks were closed, and then the club level hasn't opened for our trip, so we haven't actually experienced it yet. Our son(17 on our next trip) has allergy concerns - is club level able to accommodate a wide variety of allergy issues?

We tend to change and cancel ADRs quite a bit. Our running joke is that we have made ADR for Le Cellier only to cancel it so many times it now would seem wrong to actually eat there.
If you happen to be near the restaurant, you can cancel it in person. We have done that. But mostly using the method already described to move it, then cancel.

We are staying at YC on our upcoming trip - we've booked CL for the last three trips at BC but the parks were closed, and then the club level hasn't opened for our trip, so we haven't actually experienced it yet. Our son(17 on our next trip) has allergy concerns - is club level able to accommodate a wide variety of allergy issues?
From personal experience they handled our gluten & dairy issues wonderfully. Can’t speak to other allergies.

We are dealing with a peanut allergy. I will update with what I hear when I call, then again after we stay!

We are doing a split stay YC/AKL in March. We have only stayed Club Level at YC once (we were pixie dusted with an upgrade from a standard room to a Turret Suite-- Talk about being spoiled!!!). We are booked in a water view Club level room at YC and a Savannah Club Level room at AKL (not DVC). Do more rooms only have showers? We really need a bathtub for my daughter.

Thank you! This is what we are dealing with! He's just recently been tested and confirmed...we would love for him to have a trip to Disney where he didn't have to avoid EVERYTHING, you know?
Disney is gonna be great! Let them know at CL at check in about his allergies. For us they always made sure we knew what was safe and had options and sometimes we’d even consult the chef and they’d bring something different out than what everyone else was having if none of the mains available at that time worked with the allergy. I haven’t been post-Covid but I would expect them to be the same.

At restaurants tell them when checking in and they’ll give you an allergy menu, you can have someone from the kitchen consult if you want. Again if the menu items don’t work sometimes they have alternatives that will work (like gluten free rolls) so don’t be afraid to ask to talk to a chef. The app for QS has allergy options.

NOTE: you will wait longer for food. Allergy food has to be specially prepared so it will add extra wait time to all your meals. (I once saw a lady scream at the CMs at Riviera QS when her allergy food was taking like 30 mins and they tried to explain but she continued on with her tantrum and stormed out. Don’t be Tantrum Lady 🤦🏻‍♀️ )

Last edited:
Disney is gonna be great! Let them know at CL at check in about his allergies. For us they always made sure we knew what was safe and had options and sometimes we’d even consult the chef and they’d bring something different out than what everyone else was having if none of the mains available at that time worked with the allergy. I haven’t been post-Covid but I would expect them to be the same.

At restaurants tell them when checking in and they’ll give you an allergy menu, you can have someone from the kitchen consult if you want. Again if the menu items don’t work sometimes they have alternatives that will work (like gluten free rolls) so don’t be afraid to ask to talk to a chef. The app for QS has allergy options.

NOTE: you will wait longer for food. Allergy food has to be specially prepared so it will add extra wait time to all your meals. (I once saw a lady scream at the CMs at Riviera QS when her allergy food was taking like 30 mins and they tried to explain but she continued on with her tantrum and stormed out. Don’t be Tantrum Lady 🤦🏻‍♀️ )

I'm so happy to come here and see information on this, as I was going to ask about this exact thing for our trip.

Thank you so much gottalovepluto for this. I have researched and know about how to handle my allergies (gluten and dairy so just as you mentioned) at restaurants but I wasn't sure how CL would accommodate for it. If there are at least some things I can eat, I will be happy.

We booked 2 nights at YC CL in June and I am crazy excited. A Sunday night and Monday night. From what I understand we can use the CL all day on checkout day (Tuesday for us)? Does this apply to check in day as well? We will likely be arriving late Saturday night and staying at a simple airport hotel, therefore hoping to arrive ASAP Sunday morning for a full resort and pool day (no WDW tickets that day).

We booked 2 nights at YC CL in June and I am crazy excited. A Sunday night and Monday night. From what I understand we can use the CL all day on checkout day (Tuesday for us)? Does this apply to check in day as well? We will likely be arriving late Saturday night and staying at a simple airport hotel, therefore hoping to arrive ASAP Sunday morning for a full resort and pool day (no WDW tickets that day).

Yes, the same applies for check-in day too - you have full use of the lounge that day. Breakfast service starts at 7am and that's usually when CL CM desks start being staffed as well. I'd plan to arrive any time after 7am, check-in, and enjoy some breakfast... and a mimosa if inclined. :-)

Have fun!

Do they still accept texts? I don't use DSS much so haven't tried in quite sometime.

DSS doesn't text.

Some of the actual resort CLs used to offer a text service for guests while there, although I don't think any are currently offering that service (someone correct me if you've experienced otherwise). Disney had messed around with that a few years ago but then just sort of faded away if I remember correctly.

I did love that option though.

Not to go OT but that's a feature that I really appreciated at the Orlando Four Seasons. They actively promote the texting option and we used it quite a bit for all sorts of things.

So speaking of water... what's the consensus here on machines like this one at CR when it comes to filling up personal bottles? Appropriate? Not appropriate?

I know this topic has come up in the past, although that discussion has generally been regarding the CLs that just have the containers that need to be refilled by a CM and have spigots that are low. I know I've cringed in the past at Poly when people would fill up their personal bottles/cups and it was almost impossible to not touch the spigot, not to mention they'd clear out 75% of the container all at once.

But with unlimited water and a large area/space between water spigot for all but the largest of bottles, this seems more appropriate for personal bottles to me. Or is that still a no-no when it comes to hygiene? What says the group?

Our son(17 on our next trip) has allergy concerns - is club level able to accommodate a wide variety of allergy issues?

It’s been hit and miss for us… we’ve stayed at WL CL the most and they were always wonderful with my DS’s allergies (tree nut/peanut/egg - all severe) … then GF RPC and SL were both excellent- literally went above and beyond with him. Can’t say enough good things about them!! Then this most recent stay at GDT CL, not so much. Just make sure you call and have the allergies noted on your reservation and then mention it again to a CL manager when you arrive. Have a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter