• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Question for the Club regulars - what form of transportation do you use from MCO (Orlando) airport to WDW resorts? We normally used Magical Express, but wondering if Uber might be a better option?

thanks

We’ve been renting cars recently.

Used Tiffany Town Car for several years until a not so good ride turned me off a bit, but that was more of an exception and I see plenty of good reviews.

Uber/Lyft is usually relatively cheap/easy in my experience.

Question for the Club regulars - what form of transportation do you use from MCO (Orlando) airport to WDW resorts? We normally used Magical Express, but wondering if Uber might be a better option?

thanks
I have used Uber/Lyft and various towncar services - during a trip last spring, surge pricing had me in a Lyft paying nearly $80 one way, which is nearly what Tiffany Towncars, for instance, charges. Most towncar services will give you the option of a grocery stop (obviously less important when staying CL, but always good to have the option), and you will have more confidence in what you're getting, IMO. I booked Tiffany for my upcoming trip, but if you look around the Transportation boards, there are lots of suggestions.

BTW - I noticed that Mears' private transfer/towncar prices went up quite a bit this week. Others may follow?

thanks

We were just having a discussion about this over on the News Thread, and I posted a reminder that the new Sunshine Flyer bus company starts pick-ups from MCO starting February 1st and are currently accepting reservations! You can find the information I posted HERE if you’re interested! Hope that helps provide an alternative option for you!

thanks
We usually rent a car. Generally, it is faster to have a car than taking a bus (within WDW), and we like having that mobility. We also end to do split stays between WDW and Universal, and sometimes eat offsite. If you decide to get a car, WDW hotel parking costs $25/night. Universal hotels also charge. Universal deluxe hotels are also about $25/night. The moderate and value hotels are less.

In the Orlando area we have also used towncar services a few times, and those were great, but that was ages ago.

thanks
My family used FLTours which is a sponsor of the DISBoards. My family was very happy and quite pleased with their service. Everything about it exceeded our expectations. I would use FLTours again. I'm not a bot, just a Northstar and fan. :)

Good afternoon everyone! Well Covid finally made it's way to our family!:crazy2::crazy2:

We had to make the very sad, sad, sad, sad, did I sad? decision to postpone our upcoming Saturday trip. Boo! We did reschedule for April and based on current availability, are now staying at AKL CL Savanna view. This is a resort I have never stayed at so I am very excited to try! Now to do some AKL research!

:)

thanks
I've been renting a car so I can leave immediately, less interaction with others, and can drive to parks that aren't monorail connected (or when we stayed at Riviera Skyliner).

Good afternoon everyone! Well Covid finally made it's way to our family!:crazy2::crazy2:

We had to make the very sad, sad, sad, sad, did I sad? decision to postpone our upcoming Saturday trip. Boo! We did reschedule for April and based on current availability, are now staying at AKL CL Savanna view. This is a resort I have never stayed at so I am very excited to try! Now to do some AKL research!

:)
So sad to hear! We are staying AKL CL for the first time ever in April as well. Maybe we'll be there same time. @trishadono is going to be there this weekend and said if there were any questions regarding offerings she'd be willing to answer.

How is the week before Christmas? Is it a zoo? I work in a school and can't take off during the year. However, at the start of.covid the city took away our spring break. 7 days and they didn't pay us. We went to arbitration. The ruling was 7 vacation days to be used whenever we want instead of $$. Of course any other city agency would be paid with actual cash but I lpersonally like the idea of vacation days. I work in public school, my youngest goes to Catholic HS and my oldest will be starting college. I'm thinking this April or the week before Christmas will be the only days that they are both off. College may be a long shot though 🤷‍♀️. Nothing is available in April so I was thinking week before Christmas. Thoughts? Hubby was thinking adult only trip. I was on board until I realized my oldest will be in college and U can't leave my youngest alone (with my dad). He will be so bored 😔 of course I could save them for retirement and get paid then but I prefer vacation.

I have been for several dinners and events, but never stayed on property. I have stayed at a dozen or so FS properties around the world and they never disappoint.

my DW’s concern is around busses and getting to and from the parks. Hence the reasons we are staying at the Poly to begin with. On the FS website they say they are running every hour, are they a dedicated bus to each park? Or is it a round robin thing where they make a big loop and you are stuck on a bus forever?

The buses run on a set schedule. I need to go pull my file to remind myself the exact schedule/setup - I know I have a copy of the bus schedule somewhere. One downside, if I’m not mistaken the MK bus drops off at the TTC, not the MK bus depot - which is a bit of a bummer (although not the end of the world).

Last time we stayed there we configured a 2BR by combining a Park View Deluxe Suite with a Park View room. Took me forever to understand how they connect - I forget the term used to describe this setup but the rooms have a set of double doors off the hallway that open to a small room with two individual room doors - so you just leave the individual room doors open and that’s the connection. I remember the people on the chat being incredibly helpful when I was booking to help me understand the layout - I was very impressed.

We’re going again later this year - can’t wait.

I have a few room requests for our coming stay in March. Specifically, my daughter needs a bathtub vs a shower only and we need queen beds (on a previous trip they tried to give us a king). I read that emailing the signature services email address does not seem to be getting a response. Any thoughts on how best to relay our requests?

I have a few room requests for our coming stay in March. Specifically, my daughter needs a bathtub vs a shower only and we need queen beds (on a previous trip they tried to give us a king). I read that emailing the signature services email address does not seem to be getting a response. Any thoughts on how best to relay our requests?

Try giving them a call! Here’s the information…

Disney Signature Services is here 7 days a week from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time. Please call (407) 939-7777

Good luck!

One downside, if I’m not mistaken the MK bus drops off at the TTC, not the MK bus depot - which is a bit of a bummer (although not the end of the world).

Yep, FS drops off at the TTC next to the designated taxi drop off area where the other charters go. Swan and Dolphin used to be the only third party hotel with its own stop in the regular depot because they used Disney buses, but that was before they switched to Mears.

I emailed about a February trip, and they took about two weeks to get back to me rather than the usual 48 hours, so for a March trip, you’re probably okay.

Is there someplace relatively up to date that I can read about what kind of room requests I might want to make? We have our stay coming up in February and we will be Poly CL Lagoon View, then AKL Savanna View CL Access. We have a young one so we won't be doing late hours at the parks more than once or twice in our 8 nights -- being able to enjoy the view from our hotel is highly desirable. Thanks for any tips!

Is there someplace relatively up to date that I can read about what kind of room requests I might want to make? We have our stay coming up in February and we will be Poly CL Lagoon View, then AKL Savanna View CL Access. We have a young one so we won't be doing late hours at the parks more than once or twice in our 8 nights -- being able to enjoy the view from our hotel is highly desirable. Thanks for any tips!

Best thing to do is ask - we all have lots of opinions around here and are happy to share. 😎

For the Poly CL LV room, I would recommend requesting a room with a balcony (third floor) or patio (first floor) and leave it at that. Second floor rooms don’t have balconies (if you didn’t already know that) and I never really loved that setup when ours were young. Mommy and Daddy need quiet balcony time!

There aren’t that many LV rooms on the third floor (many are TPV), there are more on the first and some on the second - so chances are lower you might not get a third floor room, but more reasonable they’ll be able to give you a first floor room.

Just my opinion, but hope it helps!

How is the week before Christmas? Is it a zoo? I work in a school and can't take off during the year. However, at the start of.covid the city took away our spring break. 7 days and they didn't pay us. We went to arbitration. The ruling was 7 vacation days to be used whenever we want instead of $$. Of course any other city agency would be paid with actual cash but I lpersonally like the idea of vacation days. I work in public school, my youngest goes to Catholic HS and my oldest will be starting college. I'm thinking this April or the week before Christmas will be the only days that they are both off. College may be a long shot though 🤷‍♀️. Nothing is available in April so I was thinking week before Christmas. Thoughts? Hubby was thinking adult only trip. I was on board until I realized my oldest will be in college and U can't leave my youngest alone (with my dad). He will be so bored 😔 of course I could save them for retirement and get paid then but I prefer vacation.
We were there this year Dec16-21 with Dec 18-21 at WL CL. We spent the beginning of the vacation at RPH Club level at Universal. Universal with express pass was very managable. WDW was very busy. My learning curve on Genie+ made Dec 19 at HS stressful. Monday at MK was better. We did most of what we wanted and were not comandos but taking full advantage of early entry was a must in my opinion. It was busy but I packed my patience and we found ways to amuse ourselves in line. I would have liked to have done more evening hours but my DH was a grump with crowds and my DD 11 was running out of gas because it was a very busy trip. The weather was amazing. The Florida Christmas vibe never clicks for me but the decorations were so lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter