Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Me either lol ! I afraid to break it and having people hunt me down in the lounge after🤣

On a side note: ds24 stopped liking Disney then too. Good news he went twice this year and loved it.

Hie stopped after 14 and only did Thanksgiving to see his Florida resident grandparents. Then after he would come 1 a year when his sister was in college. I took what I could get!

He enjoyed rpc tea time, I’m sad that’s gone.

So my 21 year old son goes with us on some of our trips and we enjoy that and I think he does too. He may join us in November. His 26 year old brother had sworn off Disney - not his thing, but last year the three of us had sort of a guys trip in December. It was fun, I think he enjoyed it, but now he is in the camp of not wanting to go again.

You are right - take what you can get.

We arrived late last night, staying at the Poly. Apparently there weren’t enough Magical Express buses because after we had waited about 45 minutes, they started to call over taxis. Is that something that’s happening these days? We haven’t taken Magical Express in a while. I haven‘t been paying much attention to any posts about it, other than to read about how it’s being discontinued and replaced with transportation we’ll have to pay for.

My daughter was so sad. She always wants to take the Magical Express but lately I’ve been into renting a car. I told her we could take the Magical Express this trip before it’s discontinued. The taxi we shared with another woman was NOT the experience my daughter had in mind. Looks like we’ll have to try again in November! 🤣

Anyway, my daughter and I both love the room makeover here at the Poly! All of the colors and updates make it feel very refreshing. I don’t love the large mirror directly across from the glass shower, though.

I love these photos I got of the lobby when it was completely empty late last night.

Edited because I somehow posted the same photo 5 times..oops.

Last edited:
We arrived late last night, staying at the Poly. Apparently there weren’t enough Magical Express buses because after we had waited about 45 minutes, they started to call over taxis. Is that something that’s happening these days? We haven’t taken Magical Express in a while. I haven‘t been paying much attention to any posts about it, other than to read about how it’s being discontinued and replaced with transportation we’ll have to pay for.

My daughter was so sad. She always wants to take the Magical Express but lately I’ve been into renting a car. I told her we could take the Magical Express this trip before it’s discontinued. The taxi we shared with another woman was NOT the experience my daughter had in mind. Looks like we’ll have to try again in November! 🤣

Anyway, my daughter and I both love the room makeover here at the Poly! All of the colors and updates make it feel very refreshing. I don’t love the large mirror directly across from the glass shower, though.

I love these photos I got of the lobby when it was completely empty late last night.

View attachment 605650

View attachment 605655
You may be tired lol. You posted on CL thread not the poly one. However I am glad you are having a good trip. My stay a few weeks ago a ME bus broke down and we had to grab some of the people. I went as far at SSR to AKL. That was a long night :faint:.

We’ve noticed that all concierges nationwide are cutting back, not just WDW, if not still closed.
I remember the AKL CL opening with that monster coffee/latte/cappuccino/expresso machine! Now, THAT needed lessons :rotfl2:!!!
Actually was sad to see it go, but was told that it broke down due to unsupervised children, and probably some adults, too!
Actually, they were supposed to supervise it, but thy couldn’t be there 24/7!::yes::

Oof. Thank you for reporting on your M.E. experience. If they're having trouble right now, can you imagine how bad it will be with the huge influx of people for Disney's 50th in October? (I come in next sunday and hope to miss that mess)

I expect this will be what Mear's replacement system will look like, and apparently they don't feel like they have the mouse to answer to anymore about the quality of service, just as long as they get people from point A to point B.

And after reading all these posts about our wonderful CL CMs retiring, it was reality hitting me again, that I‘m an old fogie here :rolleyes2
All these special CMs were younger and I just assumed they would be there forever. You know, that Disney magical pixie dust, our love and devotion really does cloud reality.

This is coming from once young park troopers to now a retired couple still madly in love with WDW CLs, CL CMs, and DISNEY::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Last edited:
You may be tired lol. You posted on CL thread not the poly one. However I am glad you are having a good trip. My stay a few weeks ago a ME bus broke down and we had to grab some of the people. I went as far at SSR to AKL. That was a long night :faint:.
Yes, I meant to post on the Poly thread. I read this one more often and ended up posting here by mistake. :rotfl:

We were waiting for our car out front Poly recently and a random tour bus pulled up, not one of the names I’m used to seeing around. Driver popped out and said to the group of people waiting “Welcome folks, I’m your Magical Express.” Funny thing was, he was serious, but none of the guests believed him! It took a fair amount of convincing before anyone would board. 😂

Just heard from my friend that the cottages will come back on line for club reaccess eventually. I think I am going to stick with my room upstairs though. Thinking it will be better for Jim.

Great call, Kerry🥰
Hopefully, we can get together next year at BWI and believe me, we will be staying upstairs also.

Noticed online about the cottages, too, but most of suites are listed as non-cL and that had me worried. After a couple of calls, & speaking to the head supers, I learned that amongst all DELUXE RESORTS; ALL SUITES, including cottages but NOT THE CR GARDEN suites, are CL.

:flower3: Hope this helps:flower1:

Last edited:
Back from the GFR's RPC reopening:

Repeat guests will notice many new CMs, since several of the excellent veteran CMs have retired, like Lauretta, Gayle, and Janice, among others; some familiar CMs are now at other resorts (Abdul, for example).

Only one concierge desk on the 3rd floor. To address guest concerns, other concierge CMs move about with iPads. However, the iPads don't always work. Since the RPC was at about 35% capacity, the need for that second desk will become obvious in time.

A different food lineup with some changes:

Coffee: 6:30 a,m. until 10 p.m. [The same as before.]

Grand Beginnings: 7 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. [Similar to before but an upgrade with the hot offerings. The bread pudding is outstanding! However. no periodic Mickey Waffle/pancake station.]

Refreshments: 11:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. [Tea time with its superb scones, tarts, etc. is gone! The few prepackages snacks, like bags of salt & vinegar potato chips, are disappointing.]

Twilight Refreshers: 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. [An obvious upgrade in the two hot offerings. The Olive Poached Salmon with Herb Polenta & Olive Tapenade and the Braised Short Ribs with Garlic Aioli offered on opening night (Cosmo and Scott were on hand!) were superb, and last night's shrimp stuffed with crab meat, and a reimagined Chicken Cordon Blue were excellent. Managers and chefs Nick, Thomas, and Matthew were always about.]

The lineup of value wines were satisfactory: Selbach Riesling, J. Lohr Chardonnay, Babich Sauvignon Blanc, Murphy Goode Merlot, R Cabernet Sauvignon, DeLoach Pinot Noir, and the Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut. [Mumm Napa Cuvee M needs to return as the sparkling wine.]

Cordials and Desserts: 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. [The same as before.]

Overall, a lot of effort was put into the reopened RPC. Some previously aforementioned hot food offerings were among the best we have ever had.

Note #1: Housekeeping service is daily once again.

Note #2: No more newspapers.

We'll compare and contrast the RPC experience upon our return: GFR visit #55.

We hope that all of you have a great time upon your next visit.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Back from the GFR's RPC reopening:

Repeat guests will notice many new CMs, since several of the excellent veteran CMs have retired, like Lauretta, Gayle, and Janice, among others; some familiar CMs are now at other resorts (Abdul, for example).

Only one concierge desk on the 3rd floor. To address guest concerns, other concierge CMs move about with iPads. However, the iPads don't always work. Since the RPC was at about 35% capacity, the need for that second desk will become obvious in time.

A different food lineup with some changes:

Coffee: 6:30 a,m. until 10 p.m. [The same as before.]

Grand Beginnings: 7 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. [Similar to before but an upgrade with the hot offerings. The bread pudding is outstanding! However. no periodic Mickey Waffle/pancake station.]

Refreshments: 11:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. [Tea time with its superb scones, tarts, etc. is gone! The few prepackages snacks, like bags of salt & vinegar potato chips, are disappointing.]

Twilight Refreshers: 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. [An obvious upgrade in the two hot offerings. The Olive Poached Salmon with Herb Polenta & Olive Tapenade and the Braised Short Ribs with Garlic Aioli offered on opening night (Cosmo and Scott were on hand!) were superb, and last night's shrimp stuffed with crab meat, and a reimagined Chicken Cordon Blue were excellent. Managers and chefs Nick, Thomas, and Matthew were always about.]

The lineup of value wines were satisfactory: Selbach Riesling, J. Lohr Chardonnay, Babich Sauvignon Blanc, Murphy Goode Merlot, R Cabernet Sauvignon, DeLoach Pinot Noir, and the Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut. [Mumm Napa Cuvee M needs to return as the sparkling wine.]

Cordials and Desserts: 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. [The same as before.]

Overall, a lot of effort was put into the reopened RPC. Some previously aforementioned hot food offerings were among the best we have ever had.

Note #1: Housekeeping service is daily once again.

Note #2: No more newspapers.

We'll compare and contrast the RPC experience upon our return: GFR visit #55.

We hope that all of you have a great time upon your next visit.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the update info! Glad you had a good trip. Like you, we came to love RPC and will never forget the band playing while we dined. Did any CM know why "Tea Time" with the Grand scones was taken away? It kind of went with the hotel theme. BTW-Do you know if Wes still performs on the piano or any news about the band?

When the piano is not being played (I'm not sure about Wes' identity), the GFR has the feel and "charm" of a commercial warehouse. The absence of the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra is obvious. Afternoon tea servive may return, but according to one of the managers it was "never that popular." Hmm. Alas, we always left the MK in order to experience "scone heaven."

When the piano is not being played (I'm not sure about Wes' identity), the GFR has the feel and "charm" of a commercial warehouse. The absence of the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra is obvious. Afternoon tea servive may return, but according to one of the managers it was "never that popular." Hmm. Alas, we always left the MK in order to experience "scone heaven."

I hear this a lot when referring to things Disney changes and yet afterwards I read how much it is missed. Makes you wonder who all the people are that say they don’t like it.

I never seem to get any of these surveys Disney sends out. does anyone else?

And would you really contact Disney and say I stayed at RPC and really didn’t like afternoon tea you should get rid of it. Or is it that people just weren’t there midday to partake either because they didn’t know or were at the parks and didn’t care. So many questions 😁

BC1836 Thank you for your detailed report. I am so happy to hear that daily housekeeping has returned, that is more important to me than the mid day offerings. We had a very disappointing experience at the YC in May, I still have nightmares about the trash in the halls and overflowing trash cans everywhere. :crazy2: I suspect that the scones, tarts, and maybe the breads were made for the tea room and when that reopens maybe it will be back. We can hope anyway. Glad to hear morning and evening offerings are even better than before. We check in on the 27th, can't wait.

Nothing better than a glass of sparkling wine and a scone...oh wait it is tea time you are supposed to have tea. Maybe the manager meant that tea wasn't that popular. :rolleyes1

Hmmm...with the huge price tag on RPC, tea offerings, as well as the original daily offerings, should’ve remained the same. :rolleyes2

I’m in a waiting mode about POLY & TONGA’s CLs.

As for a true hot breakfast, we always had that delivered right to our Tonga suite, whichever one we were staying at the time.
Plus, the Tonga had a mini layout of the Hawaii’s CLs offerings.
Main reason I always told Cara to rate Tonga the highest of CLs when I researched for her luxury travel guide.
But that feels like it was a lifetime ago 😘🗿

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter