Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

An update for those following my saga... guest services called me back today with and "update" regarding my dropped CL at AKL... I missed the call and she asked me to call her back (same name as I spoke to weeks ago) but no direct line, she apologized for having no direct line. I had to disconnect (to do actual work) twice today trying to call her back. I got another number to try on another thread....so i will try that tomorrow and report back!

Honestly I am fairly convinced that my reservation (CL, ALK) will not exist for my stay in September, but I think I was dropped off accidentally before that decision was made, so I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth, as it were. Not sure what we will do anyhow... scary numbers but I would love the low occupancy...so we shall see!

An update for those following my saga... guest services called me back today with and "update" regarding my dropped CL at AKL... I missed the call and she asked me to call her back (same name as I spoke to weeks ago) but no direct line, she apologized for having no direct line. I had to disconnect (to do actual work) twice today trying to call her back. I got another number to try on another thread....so i will try that tomorrow and report back!

Honestly I am fairly convinced that my reservation (CL, ALK) will not exist for my stay in September, but I think I was dropped off accidentally before that decision was made, so I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth, as it were. Not sure what we will do anyhow... scary numbers but I would love the low occupancy...so we shall see!
IF AKL and WL will not be open at all this year may explain it. The cl lounge in the Jambo which is not opening.

However I am keeping my CBR reservation for Oct in case any cl returns and they go on a discount. All the resorts are over $900 per night pretax.

I will probably keep my agency CR room which is about half of that cost. Basically 4 nights for the price of 2cl. Usually cl worth it but not at rack and not knowing what we would get.

If you really want cl I would move to a resort that would be open your dates like poly or cr or bwi and maybe you get lucky.

Question - and sorry to repeat this next sentence: We have a CL Wilderness Lodge bounce back booked for December which (apparently) will be closed.

Once I am able to get through to a human to make a resort change should I indeed be asking for CL at the resort that I'm changing to? This seems like a no brainer to me, I would assume that they'll try to keep me CL when moving resorts (even if CL isn't open then), but I want opinions.
Should I ask for something different, like a villa or a suite or are there other thoughts?

I'm seeing people being transferred to Poly and Contemporary from WL so I am going to shoot for requesting one of those two (or Copper Creek Villas) when the time comes. Thanks in advance!

Once I am able to get through to a human to make a resort change should I indeed be asking for CL at the resort that I'm changing to?
At this point we can only continue to guess since we don't know when CL service will reopen & what it will look like.

There have been reports that phone CMs could not move you to CL rooms at another resort at this time since CL is supposed to be closed until Disney announces it is back open. Other guests have been move to a CL room but their reservation was noted that they had been told that CL service was not available.

Since you have a BB rate, you might considering calling the BB line first at 407-939-1923. I don't know if anyone has posted about getting anyone to answer the BB phone number at this time.

It really boils down to the skills of the phone CM, and resort availability at that moment for the dates you are requesting the move. You can ask for more than one offering but expect the results to vary from guest to guest. It always help for you to have a specific reason for requesting a specific alternative resort.

If you really want to stay at the WL area then CCV should be your first request. Moving to the CR or Poly are also good options to stay in the MK area.

Note: Since you referenced a Dec. stay at the WL, we don't yet know about Christmas decorations at the resorts for this year.

Dave

Question - and sorry to repeat this next sentence: We have a CL Wilderness Lodge bounce back booked for December which (apparently) will be closed.

Once I am able to get through to a human to make a resort change should I indeed be asking for CL at the resort that I'm changing to? This seems like a no brainer to me, I would assume that they'll try to keep me CL when moving resorts (even if CL isn't open then), but I want opinions.
Should I ask for something different, like a villa or a suite or are there other thoughts?

I'm seeing people being transferred to Poly and Contemporary from WL so I am going to shoot for requesting one of those two (or Copper Creek Villas) when the time comes. Thanks in advance!
We haven't heard anything about WL reopening, so it's possible that it could be reopened by December. If this were me, I think I would wait before making any change. My reasoning is that currently, IF you are moved to a higher priced room (if it happened it most likely would be a 2 bdrm dvc room for it to be higher priced or possibly an expensive 1 bdrm dvc room) you won't pay anymore via price protection. However, if it is slightly less (like most 1 bdrms or studios) you'll be given a slight refund for the difference between your WL CL room cost and the new room accounting for your bounceback discount (Note: this is not a refund for lack of CL services). However, if WL does reopen and CL is not offered, it's highly likely that you can be put into a regular room at that WL and given a full refund for the difference between your CL room and the new room; that refund would likely be much larger than any refund you'll get moving to a new resort because they aren't currently refunding CL services prior to moving people; the CL penalty!! Does that make sense? If I'm missing a certain variable of your trip, I apologize, but if I read it correctly, I think I would wait a bit, IMO.

Oh wow, jelly!

I miss Steve at the Barefoot Pool bar.

Funny enough, I would gladly give up my BLT 2BR for a Poly studio. If only Disney would listen to me. :-(
I've thought about calling back. Only one day in my stay was unavailable. But, the idea of holding for hours again, after holding for hours to make park reservations with IT Support and then holding for hours to get my resort reservation confirmed with Guest Services makes me :scared1:

We were also booked at WL CL for December (19 - 23). Disney moved us to a 1-BR Villa at BR. We actually go refunded about $200 due to the decrease in price.

I've thought about calling back. Only one day in my stay was unavailable. But, the idea of holding for hours again, after holding for hours to make park reservations with IT Support and then holding for hours to get my resort reservation confirmed with Guest Services makes me :scared1:
I’m 7/16-19 at blt but will be at poly and gf when I can visit!

Sorry but checked in means nothing. I’m checked in for my CSR CL stay on 6/22, as well as my Poly CL stay a few days later. Keep an eye out here as soon as there is any sort of official announcement it’ll land here fairly quickly :)

Fwiw ordering Magic Bands means nothing as well.
I actually had CL reservations for March 19th, we still went, but CL was closed at Destino. We never got contacted about it and had to ask to get partially refunded. It was such a good deal too!
I do see on the disney website under "resort services" that CL will be temporarily unavailable when they first open

Sorry to be a negative nellie here, but there is just too much of the "I'm going to be pixie dusted" thought process going on here and we need a bit of grounding.

Disney hates refunds. Once that money is in their safe it isn't leaving.

We were moved from a Fort Wilderness Cabin over to POR when Hurricane Charlie hit. I had a deal on the cabin, but they would not apply the deal to the POR room which was not even half as nice and the kids had to share a bed.

Came home having put another $800 on the card as they would not budge.

In all honesty, do not count on Disney upgrading you. IF it happens, thank your lucky stars and enjoy.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a negative nellie here, but there is just too much of the "I'm going to be pixie dusted" thought process going on here and we need a bit of grounding.

Disney hates refunds. Once that money is in their safe it isn't leaving.

We were moved from a Fort Wilderness Cabin over to POFQ when Hurricane Charlie hit. I had a deal on the cabin, but they would not apply the deal to the POFQ room which was not even half as nice and the kids had to share a bed.

Came home having put another $800 on the card as they would not budge.

In all honesty, do not count on Disney upgrading you. IF it happens, thank your lucky stars and enjoy.
Exactly! And you’re not being negative, just realistic! With the cost of some of these CL rooms, there really aren’t many options to upgrade to. That’s why I suggesting to those that can wait to hold of just a bit to see if things change so they can maximize any potential refund.

Oh wow, jelly!

I miss Steve at the Barefoot Pool bar.

Funny enough, I would gladly give up my BLT 2BR for a Poly studio. If only Disney would listen to me. :-(
Why don’t you wait until you’ve done a few cartwheels in that amazingly huge 2BD and then get back with us on that :smooth:

PS- I will wave to you all from Beach Club and Poly, July 18-31 if no further wrenches are thrown into our plans!

We got moved from BWCL to BC villas. Please tell me all the great things about BC- never stayed DVC before.

Why don’t you wait until you’ve done a few cartwheels in that amazingly huge 2BD and then get back with us on that :smooth:

PS- I will wave to you all from Beach Club and Poly, July 18-31 if no further wrenches are thrown into our plans!

I just dialed up a small fortune of Garden Grocer delivery to fill that 2BR (never done grocery deliver before). And I thought CL was expensive, ouch!

When is everyone going? We'll be there July 18-26. We'll either have Minnie masks on or a 60's fabric (thinking about Contemporary, get it?).
We are CR August 8-14th. Masks are a mix but mostly black. Still waiting on my Disney ones.

Since we couldn't do CL, we are doing what someone on the Dis suggested and making our own . We have our list of beverages, BF items, and snacks to bring and we will pick up some treats when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter