• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Lol, FYI I believe someone did post a video a short while ago several pages back.
Ok, that Nespresso machine looks REALLY complicated!? I think you're going to have to post a play by play on how to operate it.

For the iced coffee, does it come out cold or did you just add ice?

Does anyone know if that’s a new machine? When we were there in March, the machine was broken a LOT of the time. I can’t remember if that’s the same one or if they actually replaced it with something more complicated, but hopefully more reliable! It really looks different.

I love the placards showing the lounge food and snacks for the week. Has anyone seen these at other resorts? It was no big deal the last time I stayed at Yacht Club because we were the first room outside the lounge, but we're in the Tonga building at the Poly in October and I would really love to know what is available without walking all the way to the main lounge in Hawaii.
Ooh, you booked tonga! How awesome, I always wanted to stay there. Enjoy!

Thanks, jods. We have wanted to stay at the Poly for years. My husband is a disabled vet and the only military discount they had was the Honeymoon suite/room and even then we had to move back 4-6 weeks of our requested dates. We wanted to go last year for our 25th wedding anniversary but my mom passed and we postponed it to this year. No more Disney commandos for us, we have a lot of free time planned in to just relax and enjoy.

Does anyone know if that’s a new machine? When we were there in March, the machine was broken a LOT of the time. I can’t remember if that’s the same one or if they actually replaced it with something more complicated, but hopefully more reliable! It really looks different.

Yes, it’s a new machine. I can’t remember exactly when it was put in, either April or May. When we were there the first week of April, one afternoon they had everything blocked off installing new electrical/plumbing under the counter. Some time later I saw someone post about the new machine.

It’s the same one that Poly has. Same Nespresso pods and all, just a giant, complicated looking machine! :-)

Thanks, jods. We have wanted to stay at the Poly for years. My husband is a disabled vet and the only military discount they had was the Honeymoon suite/room and even then we had to move back 4-6 weeks of our requested dates. We wanted to go last year for our 25th wedding anniversary but my mom passed and we postponed it to this year. No more Disney commandos for us, we have a lot of free time planned in to just relax and enjoy.

Hope you have a nice, relaxing trip and enjoy the Poly :flower3:.

Yes - all of the CL have upped their offerings. The CR Tower CL Lounge (which I will review later) was truly unbelievable for appetizers and desserts.

Looking forward to your review :).

Is the water from the Poly Club level lounge the same tap water as in the rooms or is it bottled/filtered? I ask because I'm trying to decide whether to get a case of bottled water for our travel bottles we take to the parks. We really can't stand the tap water.

Mike

Is the water from the Poly Club level lounge the same tap water as in the rooms or is it bottled/filtered? I ask because I'm trying to decide whether to get a case of bottled water for our travel bottles we take to the parks. We really can't stand the tap water.

Mike

It’s filtered water. It comes from the kitchen area and they re-fill a container in the lounge. CMs will fill personal water bottles from the back if you ask them.

FWIW, we usually get a case of water at the Poly convenience store and keep cold in the room fridge. We drink a lot of water and don’t tend to get enough with a cup here or there in the lounge... so prefer to have a cold bottle quickly available.

It’s filtered water. It comes from the kitchen area and they re-fill a container in the lounge. CMs will fill personal water bottles from the back if you ask them.

FWIW, we usually get a case of water at the Poly convenience store and keep cold in the room fridge. We drink a lot of water and don’t tend to get enough with a cup here or there in the lounge... so prefer to have a cold bottle quickly available.
That was a quick response. Thanks. :)

How much is a case from the Poly convenience store. Last December we picked up a case from the Walmart near MCO for $3.98.

Mike

That was a quick response. Thanks. :)

How much is a case from the Poly convenience store. Last December we picked up a case from the Walmart near MCO for $3.98.

Mike

This pic is from CR last Sept and I’m not sure if they’ve increased prices in the past year, but at the time it was $3.99 for an 8-pack (less AP discount if eligible). Certainly not the cheapest water in the world, but not horrific in a pinch.

Image 2017-09-21_19-02-39-097.jpg

This pic is from CR last Sept and I’m not sure if they’ve increased prices in the past year, but at the time it was $3.99 for an 8-pack (less AP discount if eligible). Certainly not the cheapest water in the world, but not horrific in a pinch.

<sniped attachment>
Thanks. The case from Walmart is 32 16.9 oz bottles for $3.98. I forget how much sales tax there is in FL.

Although, getting it at the Poly is much more convenient.

Mike

We will be at atrium cl sept 4 2019 to sept 15 2019. Even though it’s a couple or years late it will be our disneymoon. The trip had been booked for pofq but the wife got a job at the local disney store. So she decided between the cm discount and not needing tickets anymore that we could really treat ourself

Sounds like a great treat! Enjoy the planning. Hope you have a great disneymoon :wizard:.

We will be at atrium cl sept 4 2019 to sept 15 2019. Even though it’s a couple or years late it will be our disneymoon. The trip had been booked for pofq but the wife got a job at the local disney store. So she decided between the cm discount and not needing tickets anymore that we could really treat ourself
Enjoy! What an awesome treat!

Ok, that Nespresso machine looks REALLY complicated!? I think you're going to have to post a play by play on how to operate it.

For the iced coffee, does it come out cold or did you just add ice?
Nah, it's not at all complicated. There are instructions (The instruction card is barely visible in the edge of the photo.) I had no problems following them right from the first time I used it. If I can use it, anyone can. At least, if you can read English. I do think anyone who can't read English would be challenged to use it. You do need that instruction card.

FYI - in case folks don't know, one of the biggest issues with the machines, any of them, putting the pods in with a fold in the lip of the edge of the foil on the pod. Sort of hard to explain without looking at one but if you can remember how they are pillows with coffee in the middle and the lip of foil sealed all the way around? That lip has to be flat without a bend or a kink in it when it goes in the machine. If it isn't, it will jam up. Some of the CM will take the time to smooth out each pod before they sit them out, some won't. I had a CL CM tell me years ago about the edges so I always check the ones before I load them in the machines but I'm certain many wouldn't have a clue, which is why the machines jam so often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter