• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

It is entirely possible that someone has rooms blocked off for an event.

the BC/YC has over 70,000 feet of convention space, plus lots of spaces like the beach that can be made into temp spaces for events, plus the nearby Swan and Dolphin for lots more convention space.

Plus LOTS of event space inside Epcot.

So it is entirely possible they have some rooms blocked off.
Go to the Disney meetings website if you wish to know more. :)

That is a fair point and I should have included a caveat about conference bookings. :thumbsup2

In our experience in March, we got off the elevator and 2 male CMs were standing chatting at the concierge desk. When we waved to them, they physically turned away from us to continue their conversation. It was incredibly disconcerting and downright rude. I figured they must be telling state secreats or were protecting someone's HIPPA information, lol. But, people staying very soon after us said great things... So, it may be just luck of the draw (or luck of who your CM is)

I agree - it could ruin your stay if you get cold CMs. I feel all CMs should be trained the same. At the least say hello or smile when guests pass by. I get that some people might be having a bad day - they are human - but to be talking and ignoring you - that is rude.

Agreed! You know what opinions are Iike... (Lol)
We too had, what I considered, a disastrous stay at BC CL. With the same c/o as you, and more... So much so, that I would never consider staying at BC CL again. But, I'm willing to try YC, r/t SAB pool. But everything is SOOOOO objective! And since that time Disers have waxed poetic about how wonderful BC CL is, so, you never know!
This is us too, we would never stay there again. Transportation back to the BC was so bad, my husband doesn't ever want to stay at an epcot resort again. I would do YC or BWI though.

Your room will not be MK view. the rooms on the ST view side face Bay Lake, and overlook the pool.

You will however get 100% access to the CL lounge, which IS on the Mk side, and a perfectly lovely place to watch the fireworks. It offer the EXACT SAME view as the MK view rooms, because it is on that side of the hotel.

Also, all the MK view rooms also overlook the road/parking area/the convention area of CR. They also have a view of GF.

While none of the CR rooms has stellar view of the Epcot/Hs fireworks, the standard view rooms do get a view of them. You don't get the music, and they are off the far end of the hotel, but you can see them.

You'll also get a super view of the water parade, the pool and the boats (that go towards Ft. Wilderness).

Odd are slim that you would get a free upgrade, but it is always a slim possibility. If I had to guess though...CR is a convention hotel. So if anyone was going to get an upgrade at CR, I tend to think they give those as perks to the folks who book conventions at CR. I don't know for sure, that just my hunch.
Thanks. I’m thinking we’ll be good because it would be $450 more for MK view.

DUh, I forgot to say where I was...lol
Yes Poly. I guess there are no chocolates anymore then. It’s been 50/50 for sand pails for us in the past also.

On occasion they have dropped the chocolates off post-arrival. Like later that day or the next day.

Anyway - small inconvenience I guess - hope you're having a wonderful time!

Hello! I booked a Yacht Club Water View room, club level yesterday using a passholder discount. We have never stayed CL at Disney. We are very excited. My husband and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary while we are there.

Hope you have a great anniversary trip and enjoy YC CL :wizard:.

As in shuts the door? We've never been ran out during the day but they do pull food and beverages. But we've sat in the lounge for the hour between services several times, at the encouragement of the staff. Once it was raining and we didn't want to walk back to the cottage in the rain, other times it was check out day and we had no room. I think I have seen the door closed at night, after dessert service

We did this on our stay just a few weeks ago. The CL CMs encouraged us to stay and sit/chat while they pulled the food/beverages ;).

This has been a fun thread to look through! I am booked for my first club level stay in July (AKL Jambo house).

Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

Just checked in.

Hope you're having a great time! :jumping1:

I feel all CMs should be trained the same. At the least say hello or smile when guests pass by. I get that some people might be having a bad day - they are human - but to be talking and ignoring you - that is rude.

I agree! :thumbsup2

24 hrs...soda and coffee etc out all the time.
Ice cream in the freezer now and candy glass jars with little baggies out (at least this afternoon)
In march at BC, the only thing available off hours was the glass water container. No soda, definitely no candy or freezer goodies. What CL were you at?
I think this perc is such an important part of CL, access to the lounge even after hours. I need to unwind after a park day, and this way I don't torture my family as I spend a little down time checking emails etc. It really didn't bother me that there were no drinks, candy, or ice cream available. It was just a nice place to chill.

I've got some decisions to make...we have trip planned for over Halloween. This will be our "big" trip for the year. I've got the first 5 nights covered at the Dolphin using CC points. I prefer to do 4 more after, we are usually flexible, but since it's a part of a split stay and the first part can't be changed, my options are more limited.

We were planning to do the second part of our stay CL. We really want to stay at one of the MK Area Resorts, we plan to do the Halloween activities around those resorts and the festivities at FW (parade and such).

Ok, so here are my options, which would you pick???
3 Nights instead of the preferred 4 (due to avail) @ CR, std room, Atrium CL
4 Nights WL, Nature View Room, no bunks avail, which my kids would prefer :( NON CL, but I've heard you can ask to upgrade at the rate of $99/nt *if* available

Price difference of about $300/nt -- before adding on CL to WL, so really $200...or to throw a wrench in it, I could get the same 3 nights at CR, Garden Wing, no CL, for about $250 less per night.

I would be tempted to splurge on CR, we *may* have my mom along with us, so in that case we have to have a room that sleeps 5. But I haven't heard much on the CL Atrium lounge...school me please...is it worth it? I know that's subjective. We've done BW and AKL CL and were pleased with the food offerings there...is the Atrium on par? Better? Worse?

Thanks. I’m thinking we’ll be good because it would be $450 more for MK view.

I think you're going to like it too.

Some say the theming isn't as elaborate as some of the other WDW hotels, but sometimes we find the quiet sophistication of CR more relaxing.

DO make sure to enjoy the evening desserts.

If you are up early, the sunrise view is pretty way to start your WDW morning.

I've got some decisions to make...we have trip planned for over Halloween. This will be our "big" trip for the year. I've got the first 5 nights covered at the Dolphin using CC points. I prefer to do 4 more after, we are usually flexible, but since it's a part of a split stay and the first part can't be changed, my options are more limited.

We were planning to do the second part of our stay CL. We really want to stay at one of the MK Area Resorts, we plan to do the Halloween activities around those resorts and the festivities at FW (parade and such).

Ok, so here are my options, which would you pick???
3 Nights instead of the preferred 4 (due to avail) @ CR, std room, Atrium CL
4 Nights WL, Nature View Room, no bunks avail, which my kids would prefer :( NON CL, but I've heard you can ask to upgrade at the rate of $99/nt *if* available

Price difference of about $300/nt -- before adding on CL to WL, so really $200...or to throw a wrench in it, I could get the same 3 nights at CR, Garden Wing, no CL, for about $250 less per night.

I would be tempted to splurge on CR, we *may* have my mom along with us, so in that case we have to have a room that sleeps 5. But I haven't heard much on the CL Atrium lounge...school me please...is it worth it? I know that's subjective. We've done BW and AKL CL and were pleased with the food offerings there...is the Atrium on par? Better? Worse?

We've never stayed at the CR, but CL seems to get pretty good reviews. If there's a good chance of your mom coming along, I think I'd opt for CR CL. The rooms are large with all of them having a daybed and it will be nice to have the lounge for another place to go and relax without having to sit in the room or around the resort. Plus, having a view of the castle from the lounge balcony is an added perk :wizard:.

So excited, only 32 days until my DD and I check in to CL at BWI for July 28 - Aug 1. This will be our 1st CL experience and after reading all the excellent reviews, I can't wait to experience it first hand!

How exciting! The days will go fast and you will be there before you know it! I just got back a couple weeks ago from my first BWI CL stay and it was wonderful! The food was great and the CL CMs are some of the best! Hope you will report back after your stay. Have a great time :).

Please come back and let us know. Enjoy the BWI! We are jealous. :flower1:

::yes:: :thumbsup2

I've noticed several times on these boards or somewhere else that guests speak of staying at the BC CL but not staying in a fifth floor room. Are there many non fifth floor rooms that are club level. I've seen some refer to the fourth and third floor, just recently saw a review that stated they were on the first floor with club level access? I'm asking because I only made a request for a full balcony, but do I need to request to be on the Club Level Lounge floor?

I've noticed several times on these boards or somewhere else that guests speak of staying at the BC CL but not staying in a fifth floor room. Are there many non fifth floor rooms that are club level. I've seen some refer to the fourth and third floor, just recently saw a review that stated they were on the first floor with club level access? I'm asking because I only made a request for a full balcony, but do I need to request to be on the Club Level Lounge floor?

Only the deluxe rooms and suites are on different floors. All the regular CL rooms are on the 5th floor.

We got slippers at GF this May. Maybe you could ask one of the room CMs if they have any. They are just basic white slippers.
Thanks! Ill ask when I get there if there are none in the room. I always bring socks ( have a thing about hotel carpets):crazy2: so slippers would be nice to have.

In march at BC, the only thing available off hours was the glass water container. No soda, definitely no candy or freezer goodies. What CL were you at?
I think this perc is such an important part of CL, access to the lounge even after hours. I need to unwind after a park day, and this way I don't torture my family as I spend a little down time checking emails etc. It really didn't bother me that there were no drinks, candy, or ice cream available. It was just a nice place to chill.

We were at the BC CL in June. During off hours during the day we had access to coffee, the pop fridge, juice and water. They added the ice cream after our stay. The candy in glass dishes is available during the afternoon snack service. I never went into the lounge after the dessert service ended, so I’m not sure what, if anything, is out overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter