• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

My husband and I called the CR Tower Club directly the other night to ask a few questions about a reservation we have for our upcoming January trip and the CM we spoke to told us a few things I thought I'd pass along. This will be our 4th trip to the Tower Club and we can't wait to be back "home!"

The 14th floor lounge is getting a soft goods refurb in the next couple weeks, apparently. I don't think this will extend to furniture or anything like that, but it will include new china, serving trays, and other things like that. I'm looking forward to seeing the little updates they do. I don't know if the 12th floor Atrium Club is going to be doing the same, but it's possible.

There will now be some difference in the food and drinks served in the two CR club lounges. The 14th floor Tower Club will have a more "upgraded" wine selection than the Atrium Club, and some special food selections each day.

Happy Thanksgiving all! It's been awhile since I wrote on this thread but I wanted to comment on our AKL CL stay so far. I know AKL CL has went through some changes this year. This is our 7th or 8th stay in the past 5 years, and this has been our best stay ever. Given, none have been bad. We were greated at the entrance and there's even a podium now with a sign that says Kilimanjaro Club guests on it. Check in was super smooth and they had a wide variety of snacks out. Breads, dips, spreads, homemade chips, cookies, nuts, jelly beans, yogurt pretzels just to name a few. Although they still don't have the kids section at night, they had more choices for kids. PB &J, banana chips, several chips, apples and caramel, normal veggies and dip. The best thing of all they had actual Thanksgiving dinner as the hot app!!! It was the best turkey I've ever had. Mashed sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts and cranberry. Sooooooo good! They also had butternut squash soup. We also had a welcome gift in our room, which is a very nice carved giraffe from the gift shop downstairs, we also got pillow chocolates at turn down. The only thing that is a tiny drawback is the wine and beer is request only. They'll get it for you whenever you want but it's not sitting out. Oh and I found an interesting letter in our room asking for everyone to wear shoes and a cover up when in the lounge. I'll send that to Erika if she wants to post it, since I know that's been a topic of discussion several times before. All in all I feel like AKL CL is back and for the good!

Happy Thanksgiving all! It's been awhile since I wrote on this thread but I wanted to comment on our AKL CL stay so far. I know AKL CL has went through some changes this year. This is our 7th or 8th stay in the past 5 years, and this has been our best stay ever. Given, none have been bad. We were greated at the entrance and there's even a podium now with a sign that says Kilimanjaro Club guests on it. Check in was super smooth and they had a wide variety of snacks out. Breads, dips, spreads, homemade chips, cookies, nuts, jelly beans, yogurt pretzels just to name a few. Although they still don't have the kids section at night, they had more choices for kids. PB &J, banana chips, several chips, apples and caramel, normal veggies and dip. The best thing of all they had actual Thanksgiving dinner as the hot app!!! It was the best turkey I've ever had. Mashed sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts and cranberry. Sooooooo good! They also had butternut squash soup. We also had a welcome gift in our room, which is a very nice carved giraffe from the gift shop downstairs, we also got pillow chocolates at turn down. The only thing that is a tiny drawback is the wine and beer is request only. They'll get it for you whenever you want but it's not sitting out. Oh and I found an interesting letter in our room asking for everyone to wear shoes and a cover up when in the lounge. I'll send that to Erika if she wants to post it, since I know that's been a topic of discussion several times before. All in all I feel like AKL CL is back and for the good!

I hope they still have the PB&J for kids when we go back in May 2017. We spent 4 nights, departing on November 16 and the only kid friendly item in the evening was apples and caramel. The CMs did get us some cups of peanut butter in the evening that they have out at breakfast. I did notice that the afternoon snacks were improved. Offering hummus and dips/spreads, etc. that they didn't have on our previous trips. We received a lovely African beaded doll as our welcome gift. It was a nice touch. We had a great stay and I too thought that it was improved over our May stay. Thanks for the report!

Last edited:

I'm so looking forward to our girl's trip at AKL in two weeks. Hopefully the good vibes continue! The last time we were there was during the lounge remodel in May, the beer was by request then as well. At first I felt awkward asking for it, but then I realized what I was paying with the cutbacks at the time and got over it! It was still a great time, and I can't wait to be in the actual lounge! If there are any other exciting or good updates let us know:)

Is the new WL lounge open yet? I'm dying to see pictures! Anyone there now?

I'm only here for a few days so trying not to spend too much time online.... but I can confirm, YES, the new Old Faithful Lounge is open! Just got here today and will take pics as I can and post either during nap times or when I get back. They said they had their grand opening "a few days ago" for whatever that is worth.

This is our first WL CL experience so I don't know what the old club was like, but so far it looks pretty solid. You can sit along the inside looking down at the lobby or more towards the windows and (small) balconies that look towards the MK (although you can't see it).

I'm only here for a few days so trying not to spend too much time online.... but I can confirm, YES, the new Old Faithful Lounge is open! Just got here today and will take pics as I can and post either during nap times or when I get back. They said they had their grand opening "a few days ago" for whatever that is worth.

This is our first WL CL experience so I don't know what the old club was like, but so far it looks pretty solid. You can sit along the inside looking down at the lobby or more towards the windows and (small) balconies that look towards the MK (although you can't see it).

That's awesome! I would LOVE some photos if it's not too much trouble. :) Are the two honeymoon rooms across from the new OFC lounge still there? Is there still a kids area in front of those rooms?

That's awesome! I would LOVE some photos if it's not too much trouble. :) Are the two honeymoon rooms across from the new OFC lounge still there? Is there still a kids area in front of those rooms?

A WL expert can correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding, the new lounge IS where the two honeymoon suites and kids area used to be. It's basically that entire space, from lobby to the old balconies.

And yes, will post plenty of pics when I can get back and resize them for posting.

Nothing says wilderness like California Rolls! Poly leftovers? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

View attachment 207639

Wow lol! That's pretty funny.
My family would be all over the Baked Pasta. If appetizers are like they were a couple years ago, it was more like a meal. I remember one night they had a full size crockpot with roast beef in it and full size rolls next to it! In any event, enjoy your time there and don't worry about us until you get back home!!

A WL expert can correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding, the new lounge IS where the two honeymoon suites and kids area used to be. It's basically that entire space, from lobby to the old balconies.

And yes, will post plenty of pics when I can get back and resize them for posting.

There used to actually be 4 honeymoon rooms. Two where the lounge is now, and two across the lobby near where the old lounge was. The latter two had a kids area and tv in front of them. My husband and I stayed in one of the rooms that is now the lounge. We requested it, as opposed to the ones across the hall, because we didn't want a kids area right in front of our room. I'm hoping they potentially moved that kids area now that there are only two of those honeymoon rooms left.

Thank you for contacting us and congratulations on your next vacation with us! In order to provide the best experience for our Guests, our Concierge team will be focused on assisting you personally with all of your needs once you arrive at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you in February!

As always, our Reservations Cast Members are able to assist you with your planning needs. They can be reached by dialing 407-934-7639, 7 a.m.-11 p.m. EST. You may also contact 407-WDW-DINE for dining reservations or visit My Disney Experience.

I just sent an email to the CR IPO and got almost the exact same automated response. This is going to be a short, but very special trip, so I really hope a real person reads the email which has a room request and a note to be added to the reservation.

Over the past 10 - 15 years we've stayed CL at almost all the deluxes, and I REALLY wish they would stop the foolish cutbacks!

There used to actually be 4 honeymoon rooms. Two where the lounge is now, and two across the lobby near where the old lounge was. The latter two had a kids area and tv in front of them. My husband and I stayed in one of the rooms that is now the lounge. We requested it, as opposed to the ones across the hall, because we didn't want a kids area right in front of our room. I'm hoping they potentially moved that kids area now that there are only two of those honeymoon rooms left.

Hmmmm....... if the rooms near the old kid's area are the ones I'm thinking of (down a short hallway?), I don't think you can even get to those rooms because of the blocked hallways due to the construction.

Hope you are having a great time! :wizard:

Looking forward to the pics, as well as hearing all about your first WL CL stay :goodvibes.

Reactions: TJA
I am so glad things were so nice for you. We were there for 11 nights last December and our experience was not that great. It was our third stay there (out of 4 years) so maybe this last time was just because of the "dreaded" cutbacks Disney was toying with. Regardless, it was "meh" enough to convince us to stay at another resort on our trip this year. Your experience gives me hope that they are back on the right track so I can feel confident booking there again. I DO love the atmosphere there, just wasn't a fan of Kilimanjaro that time.

I hope they still have the PB&J for kids when we go back in May 2017. We spent 4 nights, departing on November 16 and the only kid friendly item in the evening was apples and caramel. The CMs did get us some cups of peanut butter in the evening that they have out at breakfast. I did notice that the afternoon snacks were improved. Offering hummus and dips/spreads, etc. that they didn't have on our previous trips. We received a lovely African beaded doll as our welcome gift. It was a nice touch. We had a great stay and I too thought that it was improved over our May stay. Thanks for the report!

Instead of PB&J tonight they had ham and cheese roll ups and goldfish. Also noticed meats, eggs and cheese at breakfast. Even though the wine and beer is request only, the cordials at night are still self serve.

Wow! We just got back from our first family Disney trip. We stayed club level in the Poly (Tonga Suites). The bar was set so high, I don't think we could ever come back! We arrived very early knowing the room was not ready. However, they still gave us a tour and showed us where Tonga was located. We told them we were headed to Disney Springs and that I was setup for text alerts. Once I received it we headed to the Ambassador suite. The photos are just like what you see on Tikiman's website. I will throw a couple more in this post to show you the perks you get with the suite.

We were greeted with a cheese tray and rice krispy treats. Also, received a packet for the screening of Moana.

I will put my thoughts in bullets:
  • I believe mousekeeping came twice a day. We would come back for a late afternoon nap and find everything was refreshed. When we came back late in the evening, the beds were turned down with chocolates.
  • Tonga guests have their own lounge. That was great for getting coffee first thing and grabbing a beer before calling it a night. However, we did make it to Hawaii a few times.
  • Tonga guests are allowed to order from a complimentary menu. We took advantage of that.
  • Tonga is tucked away and very quite. A couple of times I would see people try to go in; however, the concierge would kindly turn them away. There are not that many guests so they knew the families that were staying in the suites.
  • The snacks were on par with what you read on this forum. However, I think staying in the Tonga gives you an advantage.
Hope this helps anybody deciding about staying in the Tonga.

Attachments

• 2speW7lnb1KgPX4pe1eEPdP83ggy05Wa7rlpD4qNtU0pX92IB.jpeg
    2speW7lnb1KgPX4pe1eEPdP83ggy05Wa7rlpD4qNtU0pX92IB.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 55
  • hKruJerkOxiK1nfTsJIP-uRgC7wXUIaXjUraQjuMI6spX92IB.jpeg
    hKruJerkOxiK1nfTsJIP-uRgC7wXUIaXjUraQjuMI6spX92IB.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 48
  • I_SipWnqu-wc4gu4AiFjLLtEI9sGDH7fp1oiX1Xf-bopX92IB.jpeg
    I_SipWnqu-wc4gu4AiFjLLtEI9sGDH7fp1oiX1Xf-bopX92IB.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Gz-wcjGW_IfZ8_AHrgZa36AxMqMRpS3diVgRRd66aKEpX92IB.jpeg
    Gz-wcjGW_IfZ8_AHrgZa36AxMqMRpS3diVgRRd66aKEpX92IB.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 45
  • mb_xkTOWT79M6evahBY-AVvmPLf5lnVtcxwU6GleYr4pX92IB.jpeg
    mb_xkTOWT79M6evahBY-AVvmPLf5lnVtcxwU6GleYr4pX92IB.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 45
  • qP5Z-f81R-tvfEmOEXKeKpl4O5HsbOYPpm0datYX-MspX92IB.jpeg
    qP5Z-f81R-tvfEmOEXKeKpl4O5HsbOYPpm0datYX-MspX92IB.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 44

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter