Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So excited that we are booked for our first ever Deluxe stay, and it will be Club Level at Beach Club :cool1: We are staying December 2-6 (for my birthday). We are booked in a standard room. My daughter would love a full balcony. Does anyone know a specific room number that I could request to try to get a room with a full balcony? Any other tips for a first timer? We've been to Disney more times than I can count, but usually stay Value or Moderates.

Congrats on booking your first CL stay! I can't help with a specific room/location, but I agree with the pp to request "full balcony" rather than a specific room number. With that said, if someone does suggest a particular room with a full balcony that you would like, you could add that room number as a 2nd request. That way the room assigner will know you would like that particular room, but if it's occupied, he/she will know to look for another room with a full balcony. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We have (had) a reservation in August for Grand Floridian main building theme park view club level. This is our first club level stay. I saw information about the 30% discount on the 15th (it was released on the 14th) and called to apply the discount. The representative said there were no discounts available for our room. She did not know if there were only a limited number and they had all been taken or if the room type was excluded from the discount. Was anyone else able to get the summer discount for a GF main building theme park view club level room this summer? I am asking because I have the Disney Visa card and am hoping they will release some additional summer discounts I can still apply to that room category.

Anyway, I was able to switch my room to Sugar Loaf (outer building club level) standard view and saved almost $4000 because of the switch in view, building, and the 30% discount. I would not mind bumping back up to the main building room if I can get the 30% discount applied if the cost difference is around $1500.

For anyone who has stayed in both, is the theme park view in the main building worth the extra money? I have stayed in Sago Cay theme park view before and it was definitely cool to see the fireworks every evening.

Thanks for any information.

We don't usually pay for views so I can't comment on TPV, but I loved RPC. Our view was of the main pool looking out over the lagoon at the Poly, which I loved! As far as RPC vs SL, I've stayed in both and while I'm glad I tried SL, I didn't care for it. I thought the lounge was small with a cafeteria-like feel, unlike RPC that is large and spread out, with plenty of seating and great views (IMO). With that said, everyone's experience/opinion is different and $4000 is a huge savings, so if CL is a priority, it might be worth it for you to try SL. Also, just wanted to add that if RPC is where you prefer to stay, I'd keep checking to see if something opens up as availability does sometimes change and an RPC TPV might become available. Good luck :).

As for the room requests, rather than giving them a room number, I suggest you just let them know what you want, as in "full balcony." If you ask for a specific room, chances are that it will be occupied and when they pick another one for you they won't really know what it is you are looking for.

I agree ;).

I was able to play with my dates a little keeping my arrival and departure the same but doing a split stay and found a main building standard view club level for $1800 more. I did not book it. Wasnt sure it would be worth the increase just to be in the main building.

Thoughts?

RPC is amazing, IMO. I enjoyed it a lot more than SL. With that said, only you can decide whether or not the extra cost is worth the upgrade from SL. Good luck!

Hi - I'm staying in sugarloaf in May. We want a full balcony, upper level, and facing the cove. If I remember correctly I'm only going to be able to make 2 requests during online check-in. Is that correct? I'm not sure what the room request options are for the GF. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi - I'm staying in sugarloaf in May. We want a full balcony, upper level, and facing the cove. If I remember correctly I'm only going to be able to make 2 requests during online check-in. Is that correct? I'm not sure what the room request options are for the GF. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Make your request to IPO. DOn't worry about the online check-in requests.

When you say full balcony do you mean you don't want a dormer room? Because I think all the balconies on the top floor are enclosed. Maybe would be better to say full balcony and drop the upper floor.

We recently booked a standard room at YC CL for June 17-16. Anyone have any suggestions for a room request? Its our first CL stay!

The one problem with standard view near the club lounge is that your balcony will then look out over the main entrance/parking lot area. If you get a room further from the lounge, then you can get a view of the walkway/gardens between the YC and the convention center which was nice and quiet last time we were YC CL. To be fair, there was also a little roof that we were looking out on as well, but the greenery portion of the view really helped. There are also four standard view rooms that are not on the main entrance/parking lot/convention center side. One of them (#5163) has a great view but I think it is the only YC room without a balcony. The other three have a NE view (towards Epcot and SAB), but I think there is a roof below, and I think there are only partial views of SAB. I have requested one of these three rooms for our upcoming CL trip starting this Friday, so we will hopefully get to see if we like them. If we do end up getting our request, I will let you know how it works out.

Yep, it's basically no view at all... usually we would close the curtains and stack suitcases there because we knew there was nothing to look at. So in a way it felt like a room that didn't even have a balcony. Those 3 rooms on the side sound great for standard!! Let us know how it turns out! :)

do you know if the 3 rooms you mention ( I assume they are 5195, 5197, and 5199 based on touring plans site) have the daybeds? I was thinking of requesting one of these rooms for our stay, but really wanted a daybed. OTOH, it might be worth not having the daybed to have the possibly "better" view.

Those are the three rooms I am referring to, but I don't know if they have daybeds. If I get my request when I arrive in two days, I'll let you know.

Great, thanks! I'm leaning towards requesting them, as I am thinking a better view and a private balcony would be a better choice than a worse view or shared balcony and daybed. Now I know I will get a shared balcony room overlooking the entrance without a daybed :D. Just my luck!!

I just received my room text, and I did not get my request, so I will be unable to report on the three NE facing standard rooms. :(

Make your request to IPO. DOn't worry about the online check-in requests.

I agree! You could also have the requests noted with central reservations along with IPO as it never hurts to have them listed in both places :).

I just received my room text, and I did not get my request, so I will be unable to report on the three NE facing standard rooms. :(

Sorry you didn't get your request, but hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

do you know if the 3 rooms you mention ( I assume they are 5195, 5197, and 5199 based on touring plans site) have the daybeds? I was thinking of requesting one of these rooms for our stay, but really wanted a daybed. OTOH, it might be worth not having the daybed to have the possibly "better" view.
5195 only has a King Size Bed....we requested a Roll a way for our daughter. It worked perfectly.

This room is in the immediate corner of the building. You look to your left at the other balcony. It overlooks the roof and you have a partial view of the SAB. It does have a great view of fireworks, but if someone is in that room to the left, it might not be for everyone since you are both looking at each other. Just a tid bit of info.

Last edited:
5195 only has a King Size Bed....we requested a Roll a way for our daughter. It worked perfectly.

This room is in the immediate corner of the building. You look to your left at the other balcony. It overlooks the roof and you have a partial view of the SAB. It does have a great view of fireworks, but if someone is in that room to the left, it might not be for everyone since you are both looking at each other. Just a tid bit of info.

Thanks for this info- I would not particularly like looking right at another balcony, particularly if there were people out there! I might go back to my original plan of requesting private balcony with daybed and leave it at that. We paid for a standard view, so I'll take whatever standard view we get and quit trying to figure out how to try to get the best room in the category!

Good Morning All! The Disney countdown calendar says 24 more days!! So excited for our first Poly CL stay! Thank you ALL for this thread. I have learned so much and it has answered so many of my questions. I have to ask, though, as I start planning my packing strategy...what are the coffee cups in the Poly lounge like? Are there "travel" type with lids that we can take with us or would it be best to bring travel mugs from home with us to fill? Also, same question for bottled water. Is it best for the kids to have their water bottles from home to fill each day? Seems that I read that Poly CL does not provide bottled water.

Thanks again!

-Kelly

Poly CL - my favorite! They have the standard throw-away Disney Parks cups with lids in the lounge, perfect for coffee or anything on the go or for kiddies that can't be trusted with glass. They aren't that big, but big enough. If they are not out on the counter, they are in the cabinet below the water dispenser (it's OK to open that cabinet and get them). Not sure what to say about the water bottles... Some people say it's not hygienic to fill your own bottle (eg, dispenser could touch your bottle, etc), but I see people do it. The water dispenser at Poly CL is one of those that a CM has to refill, it's not from the tap. I wouldn't fill my own container, but maybe that's just me - the to go cups have always worked just fine.

BTW, one of my favorite aspects of CL is grabbing a to go coffee on the way out the door - so quick and hassle free! Hope you have a great trip!

@kkayluvsdis, just wanted to say only 23 days for us and we are staying Poly CL too for 3 days! We have a split stay and will be moving over to the GF. Maybe I'll see you in the lounge! Hope you and your family have a wonderful trip!!

Magic bands arrived yesterday! :goodvibes I ordered the new purple color and I love it :cool1:
So fun! I have purple coming for my trip in 44 days at GF RPC! I'm excited!

Not sure what to say about the water bottles... Some people say it's not hygienic to fill your own bottle (eg, dispenser could touch your bottle, etc), but I see people do it. The water dispenser at Poly CL is one of those that a CM has to refill, it's not from the tap. I wouldn't fill my own container, but maybe that's just me - the to go cups have always worked just fine.
!

Maybe just bring your own bottle, then pour the water from the paper cups into your bottle.

ASAP I am going to share my thoughts on our first Poly CL stay...we just returned home early Thursday morning, so I need to make notes so I cover all the things that we experienced...but I do know that they have take out cups with lids available at all times.

Last edited:
Maybe just bring your own bottle, then pour the water from the paper cups into your bottle.
We have always asked the CM and they take our water bottles to the back and fill up for us. We have done this at Poly, Wilderness and Sugarloaf.

Club level is the best. I have stayed in the Grand Floridian as well as the Contemporary CL. They are both amazing resorts. You will have a great experience. Enjoy yourselves.

Thanks! It's going to be a great week. We are very excited!

:goodvibes

Good Morning All! The Disney countdown calendar says 24 more days!! So excited for our first Poly CL stay!

:jumping1:

@kkayluvsdis, just wanted to say only 23 days for us and we are staying Poly CL too for 3 days! We have a split stay and will be moving over to the GF.

:banana::cheer2::yay:

So fun! I have purple coming for my trip in 44 days at GF RPC! I'm excited!

:cool1::cool1:

ASAP I am going to share my thoughts on our first Poly CL stay...we just returned home early Thursday morning, so I need to make notes so I cover all the things that we experienced...but I do know that they have take out cups with lids available at all times.

Hope you had a great time. Can't wait to read your report :).

Club level is the best. I have stayed in the Grand Floridian as well as the Contemporary CL. They are both amazing resorts. You will have a great experience. Enjoy yourselves.

Glad to see you enjoyed CR CL. We've never stayed at the CR, but it's on our list to try ;).

Hey gang :)

Just wanted to give everyone an update on AKL CL. I spoke with a member of management this morning and they have made a number of changes. Welcome gifts (chocolates) have been discontinued and nightly turn down service is now BY REQUEST! So when you arrive you need to contact housekeeping and have that service setup for your stay. If you're following along with my live report you probably saw that I spoke with someone last night about the kid offerings in the evenings. Those have been taken away (pb&j, chicken nuggets, etc). Management allocated funds from their budget to the new hot appetizer station and certain things had to be discontinued to fund that project.
If anyone has any other CL questions just let me know! Send me a PM or ask over on my trip report because I won't be here on the CL thread often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter