Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Wowzers! You aren't joking, thats quite a trip! Yes, WDW will move your luggage. It seems with as many moves as you are doing, whats one more? 2 days at AKL then 3 at BWI seems like a good split. Note, since your next stop at New Smyrna isn't very far, you can use the CL until they close at 10pm on your check out day. Bell services will hold your luggage that day too.
We can't get into the beach house until after 3 so this is great information to have. Thanks :) There's more to all this moving around than being mostly at home since this craziness started. Hyatt has a special deal going the last few months of this year, and by staying a dozen or so nights along with doing some significant credit card spending on our Hyatt card we will be able to reach their top loyalty tier and have it until the spring of 2023. Their top tier status offers a lot of amazing perks, so with all the travel we have planned overseas for the next year and a half it will be worth staying at multiple Hyatt properties in the US this fall since a lot of their overseas properties are pretty amazing.

Felt like old times last week in Hawaii. But a little strange without CL.

The rooms are so cozy, but I need to train myself not to keep running into those end of bed benches.

This room had a tub, not a shower bottom.

I do kinda miss all the counter space from the old bathrooms. The new CR bathrooms have a lot more counter space, it feels like to me. The CR room also had a bath math in front of the vanity but the Poly rooms don't - would be nice if there was one here, IMO.

This room had a swanky looking Keurig. The last Poly room I stayed in had the older style which takes up more space.

Hopefully CL will return someday soon.

Low key and yet they consistently ran out of food in the lounge? That’s not good. Usually that’s reserved for the Sugarloaf…

Lol. Well to be fair, I never personally witnessed food outages, so I guess one of those your mileage will always vary situations given other experiences. The only thing I personally noticed was oatmeal didn't come out until around 7:30 am one morning, and not right at 7.

I will say CR was not putting out a ton of quantity at any one time. You get a big crew come through and grab a bunch of items and I could see it quickly dwindling fast, putting pressure on CMs to re-stock quickly. I'm looking at one of my photos from evening service, for example, and there are 6 individual services of the crudité (with room for 8, so two were already gone) - and same for the other little individually served items (Cauliflower Salad with Pinenuts, Tomato Sala with Mozzarella & Prosciutto). That could go in an instant with the right influx of guests.

I bet things will get a little better as they get their grove back, hopefully.

In fairness her DH has a special rapport with the staff. They stay there often. I would not expect anyone else to be served that .
Darn! I was really hoping I might get a little duckie when we stay at BWI next month! :rotfl2: I‘m serious, though…I would like to be handed a green drink with a little duckie in it! (I happen love ducks)

Just back, got clarification on why the AKV DVC CL folk were moved off the 6th floor and into hotel rooms ...
There's major underground construction going on in that little savanna area over there and they didn't want anyone with that view. I guess it was just easiest to say move all the rooms on CL than to say just avoid such-n-such room numbers. Low number of guests made it easier to accomplish this.

I have to say I'm a big fan of a quieter lobby than with a full house of guests. Usually we can't hear the water running in the fountain, now it's pretty easy to hear.

I'm still curious what they did with the 1br folk Since even 2 hotel rooms will not be close to the equivalent.
I saw some folk coming out of a 1 br unit with a pool view.

The good: the hotel CL room we were moved to, the view was excellent, and it was reasonably close to the lobby.
The bad: the electronics in the hotel room were all wonked up, some lights would work some of the time, the fridge made a horrible buzzing sound, the smoke detector was flashing all night. Wasn't worth reporting since my son simply unplugged the fridge, left the lights alone and tossed a piece of a sticky pad over the blinking light. (removed it when he checked out this morning).

I'd have to say my value DVC room was the better of the two rooms even though it was a pool view and the hotel room was recently renovated.

The food service was good. Did miss the noontime soup, that was my favorite snack of the day.
I'm still disappointed in the deserts they put out. All those oily little cupcakes taste horrible and the tarts and custards are just nasty bites of sugar.
Really, of all the food offered only the butter chicken and croissants are to be talked about. The rest feels like cheap diner material.

But overall, it's the service that keeps me coming back. Everyone was incredible, even when I had issues, even when I popped back up for the third time in one service for another amazing cappuccino.

Oh, and a little magic helped me to obtain all 6 of the new room keys :) Can't wear them like a pin, but they're adorable.

Last edited:
Been lurking on this thread for weeks. Started reading right around August/September of this year to see how things are progressing as the CLs that have reopened get ramped back up- and have read through to this point. We have AKL CL booked the end of November- first part of December and I am getting a bit concerned by all the reports of substandard food offerings and dirty tables and no chef in the evening and CMs that don't seem prepared to be at CL, etc. I am not naïve enough to take everything I read at face value- but there are too may negative reports to ignore. AKL CL used to be a foodies dream- but it seems as if things may have changed- and changed for the worse.

The good news is BWI CL is available on our dates, and we are now considering a split stay since my wife refuses to give up her animals. I tried to explain that the animals aren't as plentiful on the savannah based on what I have been reading on these boards- but she remains unfazed. We are also considering jettisoning AKL CL completely based on what I have been reading and just stay in a regular savannah view room and get our CL fix when we switch hotels. We considered GF CL as well but it is just the two of us this trip and are only spending one day at the MK so it doesn't make as much sense this trip.

So many decisions to make...ugh (champagne problems- i know...)

So anyways- we have never stayed at BWI and I have some questions. Are there CL rooms in areas that are quieter and off the boardwalk? Thanks to all the pics folks have posted it looks like the food offerings are exceptional- and we spend about half our time at EPCOT anyways- but was wondering about rooms and noise and anything else that would help with this decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
For what it’s worth I had 3 giraffes everyday and have to say all 4 cl resorts open have changed midday,offerings. Again ALL have.

Also they have been hiring and training new staff or training staffthat used to be at another resorts. Even Lorenzo from bwi when subbed at bwi could not fine the stemless glasses because they are now in a new spot. Yep I watched while he hunted so I could get a sparkling. It happens.

The breakfast at akl was really good! The evening appetizers still had two hot ones served fresh which gf does not do.

I’d do a split stay. It is fun and DW will be happy. 😄

Well the duck is not really 'day of' so it doesn't qualify. That box they are selling as a preorder for $500 on ShopDisney is ridiculous and that's what set me off :wizard: >$1,000 per night, how could we be so arrogant as to expect a trinket! GADad you brought this salt here, lol.

The photopass offer was lame. Everyone has a dang iPhone that takes better pictures anyway.

I think we should have got a pin! Dang people on that thread got me so salty I wrote to Chapek, 'where is my pin?'

1 per room :smickey:

#fightforfreebies #savethesouvie #wheresmypin
Dd wanted me to buy that $500 box, no thx.
Then the phone case she bought that was looked like a 1971 park ticket, yep sucked. Her back of the phone is smashed.

I only bought 1 shirt and 1earband, the white one FYI ppl , it comes with a recharging cord👍

Dd got 2 eatbands. 1 blue the other the Dooney, plus matching backpack. The AP dated T shirt and. Starbs tumbler.

oh wait I bought my golden doodle grand pup the cheese toy with mini ratatouille rat after I rode the ride 😂

That’s just the “blue champagne “ that they serve there (). I can’t remember the actual name of it. The tiny rubber duckie cracked me up though! That may just be something special they’re doing since they just reopened and once they’re gone they’re gone, but it was too cute! I hope you get back soon! It’s so nice for things to be getting back to normal finally!
That is so much fun. Thanks for the info - glad the BWI is as good as before. BWI CL was our main go to hotel anytime we went to DW. We became close with several CMs. What a great place. Our daughter just started medical school in California so DL has been our place to visit once it opened. We have to make time for DW and the BWI CL. :yay:

Now that things are trending towards getting back to some semblance of normal, DH has finally agreed to go back to Disney with me and I booked our favorite (The Grand, RPC, TPV) for late February. The guy really tried to talk me into the Deluxe King room but gosh, what's another $1000 for evening fireworks from our balcony. But I will admit that $10K for 6 nights VS the under $2K I've been paying at the Dolphin (My next trip is 7 nights and even with resort fees is only $1771 - Plus we are Titanium with Marriot).

Granted, there are no 2022 discounts yet (and we usually get an AP or Military Discount)...but that's a big :oops: . Especially if they don't bring back mid-day soups and nice snacks in the lounge.... so I am grateful you guys share so much great info.

THAT Said - a question for you fine folks that have seen the new fireworks: If I wanted to see the show outside the park would you choose outside Gasperilla's at the Grand (after a dinner at Citricos) OR or California Grill as the better choice?

I have a dessert party booked and am also going on a VIP tour that ends with fireworks viewing...I'd just like to get a taste of the music and fireworks without fighting the crowds.

THAT Said - a question for you fine folks that have seen the new fireworks: If I wanted to see the show outside the park would you choose outside Gasperilla's at the Grand (after a dinner at Citricos) OR or California Grill as the better choice?

I have a dessert party booked and am also going on a VIP tour that ends with fireworks viewing...I'd just like to get a taste of the music and fireworks without fighting the crowds.

I am partial to the view from CR. GF/Gaspy’s is fine, I just don’t totally love that angle and the “corridor” view out of the marina. CR/CG has the height advantage and an overall better view, IMO.

I’m splitting hairs of course, but if it were me I’d pick CG. I have recently become a fan of Citrico’s too though….. tough call! :-)

Now that things are trending towards getting back to some semblance of normal, DH has finally agreed to go back to Disney with me and I booked our favorite (The Grand, RPC, TPV) for late February. The guy really tried to talk me into the Deluxe King room but gosh, what's another $1000 for evening fireworks from our balcony. But I will admit that $10K for 6 nights VS the under $2K I've been paying at the Dolphin (My next trip is 7 nights and even with resort fees is only $1771 - Plus we are Titanium with Marriot).

Granted, there are no 2022 discounts yet (and we usually get an AP or Military Discount)...but that's a big :oops: . Especially if they don't bring back mid-day soups and nice snacks in the lounge.... so I am grateful you guys share so much great info.

Just letting you know that I have the same room type, along with two dessert parties/after hours parties booked in mid-Nov (ouch). I’ll be sure to provide some feedback for you. I’ve agonized a bit about the room, just so $!

Felt like old times last week in Hawaii. But a little strange without CL.

The rooms are so cozy, but I need to train myself not to keep running into those end of bed benches.
View attachment 610466

View attachment 610469

This room had a tub, not a shower bottom.
View attachment 610470

I do kinda miss all the counter space from the old bathrooms. The new CR bathrooms have a lot more counter space, it feels like to me. The CR room also had a bath math in front of the vanity but the Poly rooms don't - would be nice if there was one here, IMO.
View attachment 610472

This room had a swanky looking Keurig. The last Poly room I stayed in had the older style which takes up more space.
View attachment 610473

View attachment 610474

Hopefully CL will return someday soon.
I loved the Poly redo but I agree about the counter space. We really missed that a lot. Can’t wait for Poly CL!!

Just letting you know that I have the same room type, along with two dessert parties/after hours parties booked in mid-Nov (ouch). I’ll be sure to provide some feedback for you. I’ve agonized a bit about the room, just so $!

We've stayed that room type on several trips...the REAL key is going to be if the Club Level food AND experience is up to par to make it worth us (we're happy to pay for experiences - but also within reason for the value we're getting.).

I am partial to the view from CR. GF/Gaspy’s is fine, I just don’t totally love that angle and the “corridor” view out of the marina. CR/CG has the height advantage and an overall better view, IMO.

I’m splitting hairs of course, but if it were me I’d pick CG. I have recently become a fan of Citrico’s too though….. tough call! :-)

Thank you! I have 7.30 dinner reservations at California Grill on my 2nd night so I'll just keep that one. I will probably still EAT at Citrico's, but won't worry about the exact timing of it since I don't have to see the fireworks right afterwards.

We've stayed that room type on several trips...the REAL key is going to be if the Club Level food AND experience is up to par to make it worth us (we're happy to pay for experiences - but also within reason for the value we're getting.
Yep, that’s what I meant. And also how the new fireworks are from the room balcony vantage point. Agree, the money isn’t the issue as much as diminished value. We’ll see.

Might make you more salty that after I saw your post I put it in my shopping cart and tried to check out, but it gave me some issues logging in and then I got distracted and never finished checking out. I thought it was cute! 😂

I’ll see myself out since I’m part of the problem. :tiptoe:
You mean you were going to buy the box?? Wowweeee! I guess you would get a 20% off AP discount? btw it is still available. If I was a good ebay reseller I would buy a box and break it up.

There is one current review of this Cheapie Chappie box:

Reviews

1. *Employee 4 hours ago **(reviewer listed his name as 'Chapek' and no, it wasn't me!)
  2. ★1 out of 5 stars.
    Overpriced!
    This $ 500-anniversary box is filled with stuff that's not really worth this ludicrous amount of money.
    • ✘ No,
    • I do not recommend this product.
  3. Helpful?
    Yes · 22 No · 11

Warning about the drink ducks: my kids collected them when they were younger and one left his on top of his dresser. Over time it actually melted the finish off the wood! So be careful and put something under it if it is on finished wooden surface. It can happen in a few months.

FWIW I could see the lights on main st from my room at CR which was 12th floor. It was cool. I don't think the angle the same from GF. Let me see if I have a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter