• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Oh really? Thanks for letting me know! I based my room preference for my vacation-that-did-not-happen the past April on that tool and I was about to do the same for 2021!

Yup. The room views are usually pretty close, but room types not so much. It has whole buildings at CBR with zero king rooms and yet there's 12 in each one (except Trinidad with the Pirate Themed rooms). Same with 5th sleepers.

Yup. The room views are usually pretty close, but room types not so much. It has whole buildings at CBR with zero king rooms and yet there's 12 in each one (except Trinidad with the Pirate Themed rooms). Same with 5th sleepers.

Oh, I see! Do you have any other tool that I could use to check the rooms? Or would you suggest just asking for a specific building when placing the preference?

Oh, I see! Do you have any other tool that I could use to check the rooms? Or would you suggest just asking for a specific building when placing the preference?

We know the area we like so we always request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and 2nd floor. If your unsure of buildings your best bet is to describe what you're looking for.

We know the area we like so we always request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and 2nd floor. If your unsure of buildings your best bet is to describe what you're looking for.
And you just call (how far out) to tell them your building preference?

Do you even know if CBR considers the fax from Touring Plans?

Actually it's not a fax anymore, it's an email. They provided Touring Plans with a specific email only given to them for requests. I just prefer to call. Then about a week out I call and ask the CM to read back the notes on my reservation to make sure it's correct. You can't verify if you go through Touring Plans.

Actually it's not a fax anymore, it's an email. They provided Touring Plans with a specific email only given to them for requests. I just prefer to call. Then about a week out I call and ask the CM to read back the notes on my reservation to make sure it's correct. You can't verify if you go through Touring Plans.
Ok thank you! I was thinking of doing both. I was going to add the exact same thing on both.

So... anybody staying here this weekend? any ideas on if any of the restaurants will be opening along with the resort?

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere, but I couldn’t find it. It might be a little silly. At CBR, after check in, how do you get your luggage to your room?

If Magical Express is no longer doing luggage delivery directly to the room, I’m worried about how I will drag four suitcases and other miscellaneous bags all the way to our room if it’s very far from the main building. (We are two adults with small children.)

Will buses take you to HS and Epcot from CBR or is the only way you can get there is using the Skyliner?

Does CBR ever upgrade to the 5th sleeper? We got my moved here from AOA and arrive in 2 weeks. I put it in as our only request after Disney moved us...didn’t realize it was a separate category during that discussion on Monday and don’t want to seem like a choosy beggar since we aren’t paying more.

Does CBR ever upgrade to the 5th sleeper? We got my moved here from AOA and arrive in 2 weeks. I put it in as our only request after Disney moved us...didn’t realize it was a separate category during that discussion on Monday and don’t want to seem like a choosy beggar since we aren’t paying more.
I think you should call and specifically ask for that if you need it. Yesterday when I called to be switched the person helping me said it’s a good idea to call early because then you have “more choice.” She also told me at this point they have a lot of “wiggle room” to place people. People are getting cabins from little mermaid prices, and we were given some pretty amazing options from a low tier room so I think it’s a good idea to call and ask for what you want sooner rather than later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter