• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, friends, can someone please tell me if this type of coffee pod is what the coffee makers use at CBR? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 18
Here now! Booked room May 30, very surprised to have $525 gift card waiting me! Don't be afraid to ask! I was not expecting it given I booked after the offer, but it was signed, sealed, and printed with amount when I asked!

Here now! Booked room May 30, very surprised to have $525 gift card waiting me! Don't be afraid to ask! I was not expecting it given I booked after the offer, but it was signed, sealed, and printed with amount when I asked!

So you asked if there was one and it just happened to be there or you asked prior to arrival?

Wow! Sounds like an error on their part. Great for you.

So you asked if there was one and it just happened to be there or you asked prior to arrival?
I asked at check in and she said here you are! I thought she'd have to look into and maybe by chance I'd get something. Not sure if it's because I booked with a TA?!

I asked at check in and she said here you are! I thought she'd have to look into and maybe by chance I'd get something. Not sure if it's because I booked with a TA?!

Great Disney Magic for you guys. I hope maybe the same could happen to me. I booked in April.

Does anyone know the price for breakfast and for dinner for the buffet? Thanks! Will be there in less than 3 weeks :)

Just did dinner $20.99 (sorry, no children with us, so I only know adult price)

Breakfast was either $13.99 or $14.99 - I can’t quite remember

Just did dinner $20.99 (sorry, no children with us, so I only know adult price)

Breakfast was either $13.99 or $14.99 - I can’t quite remember

Thanks! That helps a lot. We do have 3 "children" but they are 14 so to Disney they are adults ;)
What did you think of the dinner?

Thanks! That helps a lot. We do have 3 "children" but they are 14 so to Disney they are adults ;)
What did you think of the dinner?

In general - food quality and selection compared to price, it was worthwhile. The buffet is small in footprint, so the trays are smaller - which, I personally thought was a good thing since the food did not get dried out from sitting in the steamer tables.

There were 2 different soups - a conch chowder and something else I do not recall.
There was a salad and some toppings with multiple dressing choices.
Shrimp
Mahi
Carved Turkey (and if you time it right, they put the large turkey leg out for someone to enjoy)
Carved Pork Loin
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Rice
Buffalo chicken wings
Green beans
Corn medley
Meatballs (no sauce)
Pasta with marinara
Chicken nuggets
Macaroni & cheese
Potatoes
Small hot dogs in buns
Lots of desserts including parfaits, cookies, brownies

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting.

Back from 5 nights/6 days at CBR - here are my impressions ...

As background, this is a rescheduled trip (we were supposed to go 2 weeks earler, but there was a very last-minute family emergency). We were originally booked at BWI, but the only room I could find for dates that worked for us was CBR - I booked with AP discount, standard view. We have stayed in all levels of rooms at Disney - and judge each resort on it's own merits.

We arrived really late at night - after midnight on DME. We did not do online check-in since I was unfamiliar with the resort and preferred to get a rundown of the resort from the CM. Check-in was easy, and we were driven along with our bags to our room by the bell services van. We brought our luggage to our room ourselves since we did not have a lot. We did not make any room requests.

We were in Jamaica 43 - room 4338. We loved the room. The beds were comfortable, the room was large, the tv was massive (caveat in case anyone is wondering, there is no way to attach any cords to the tv for streaming) and housekeeping was great - everything was clean, they came early in the day and they left toiletries constantly. The barn doors on the sink area were great, as was the fact that it was separate from the toilet/shower. This room had 2 queens and a pull-down bed (I don't know if all of them do?) Storage was good. The quiet pool was a very, very short walk and there were never more than a few groups there at a time. Plenty of lounge chairs, tables, and towels. The pool was supposedly heated, but I have to say the water was still fairly chilly (we have a pool heater at home in NY, so I know what 84 degrees feels like and that water was not 84!!) There was a small beach area near the pool.

There was a Coke freestyle machine in building 43, on the first floor - a 1-minute walk from our room. It was incredibly convenient and made the refillable mug a bargain! The 'village market' was also in our building, just a few steps away on the first floor - room 4308 to be exact. It was convenient for DH - the coffee was free in the morning!! One thing that is helpful to know - they carry lots of things that they do not put on display. My husband forgot contact solution - the CM went into the 'back' (which was actually the bathroom area behind the barn doors since the market is a converted guest room) and pulled down multiple plastic bins of toiletries. Unfortunately, she had forgotten to order it and then went the extra step of calling over to another village market to see if they had it and asked them to hold it for DH.

The view from the room - was trees and construction beyond that. You could see some fireworks from the window. We did not hear any noise from the construction even though it was obviously an active area. In general, Jamaica seemed to have very limited impact from the construction at this time.

Centertown and the main pool were a bit of a hike - not far, but not a hop, skip and a jump either! As an aside the drinks at the pool bar were very reasonably priced for Disney - 2 Manhattans were $19.71 including tax (take that with a grain of salt, since I'm used to high-priced cocktails in NY).

We had both the breakfast and dinner buffets. I liked the dinner buffet. The breakfast buffet - I thought it was overpriced a little for what it was. But, if on the dining plan both buffets are a great use of a quick-service credit!!

Now, the bad ...
It is major, major construction - some of the villages looked like they were really impacted by the construction. The fact that the only way to get to Customs House is through the internal bus shuttle, that runs rather inconsistently, is a real pain when using DME.

When we were at the Jamaica quiet pool one afternoon you could hear very loud construction in the Port Royale area. It must have been absolutely deafening at the main pool and the Center Towne area - it went on for over an hour. It sounded like they were driving in steel beam supports.

Transportation - what village you are staying in is going to have a major effect on whether you think the transportation is good or bad. If you're in one of the 1st 3 - Martinique, and North or South Trinidad, or you walk to the Port Royale stop - you're going to think it's great. If you're in either Jamaica or Aruba - you will have a completely different experience. Morning transportation is very, very uneven. If trying to make rope-drop or even morning fastpasses - leave yourself plenty of time if you are departing from the Aruba or Jamaica stops. While with your fellow guests at the crowded stop at Jamaica, you will have the frustrating experience of watching multiple buses skip these stops and head off to the parks.

We got so fed up with it that one morning we walked over to the Port Royale stop as we had already sat at Jamaica for 35 minutes waiting for an AK bus, and they finally put a time on the board and it was 25 minutes later. Oh yeah, in the time we were waiting, 2 Hollywood Studios buses stopped at Jamaica - and it did not open for another 2 hours!! While AK was the EMH park. We left what had to be about 30 people waiting for AK (more for other parks also) and high-tailed it over to PR and found exactly 4 other people waiting. One other couple was from Aruba and they had decided to skip using their bus stop altogether. The other couple told us that lots of buses for all the parks had come and gone, they never waited long for a bus in the morning, they were never crowded and most of the buses they had been on in the mornings, while no where near full, would just pull out of the resort after picking up Trinidad(s) and skip the other 2 stops. We got on an empty morning bus only once at Jamaica- to HS on EMH morning - otherwise, there were always other passengers on the bus by the time it came to Jamaica.

I took an internal bus to Custom House on our way back from the parks that day and spoke to a manager. I made it known that it was completely unfair to have the transportation run so inequitably throughout the resort. And my primary concern, was that I should have been told this information upon check-in when I asked about the buses. Simply put, the guests' expectations should be properly set and given the facts that they could then use to decide from where they should take a bus. It was on the afternoon of our last 2 days. I was given 3 anytime FP for those each of those 2 remaining days, and late checkout the next day (which made checking out and catching the MDE sooooo much easier). I didn't go in looking for anything other than an acknowledgement and an apology. i suppose, I could have even argued for more since I was given those FP pretty quickly. The manager said that they have little to no control over the buses and it was the transportation department that was doling out the buses. She said she would contact transportation with my experiences. I did notice that the next day, after I told her that I had waited 45 minutes for an internal bus to get to Custom House to speak with her, and then another pulled up right behind it, that the internal bus was running like clockwork - with 2 buses on a constant loop of maybe 20-minutes.

My personal conclusion - loved Jamaica, the cast members at the resort, they in general are going out of their way to make up for the inconvenience of the construction.
Would I stay here again? Yes, with a car. Yes, because we have the privilege of coming often and therefore, we are not under the 'pressure' of having a perfect stay.
Would I recommend that someone stay here? You must have realistic expectations, you must be willing to put up with some inconvenience, and this shouldn't be 'the trip of a lifetime'. I would also reiterate that a car makes staying at CBR much easier - even just with avoiding DME and the trouble of getting to Custom House to use it.

Last edited:
barbliny,your great report just illustrates again why EVERYONE staying at CBR during this massive project should be getting the Gift Card.

JMHO.:)

We check into CBR in 31 days!!
Just made our DME reservations.

I'm trying to decide what building to request. It will be me, DH, DS10, DS6, DMIL, and DFIL. We have linked our reservations on the Disney website, so should get rooms close to each other.

I'm debating if we should request Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45....my reservations are that it seems like the busses to these two areas have been somewhat sketchy. I suppose we could request one of these and then walk over to PR every morning.

What are people's thoughts?

I was in Jamaica 43 last week - loved everything about the location. It has the Coke Freestyle machine and the market for Jamaica.

If staying in Jamaica or Aruba I would strongly suggest walking to the Port Royale bus stop for morning traveling (10:00 am or before - I witnessed buses still skipping those last 2 stops at least until 10.

Once it gets to the point where the buses are picking up at the parks and dropping off, they usually wind up going to Jamaica and Arubatoo.

I have my map of CBR from last week. I will post a photo tomorrow, so everyone can see where the Coke Freestyle machines and markets are throughout the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter