• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

@Moocabn2258 and @amytaylor2

I finally got us switched over to a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs for no additional cost and was assured that we could apply free dining if it comes out without having to rebook at full price for SSR. I just wanted to update you guys since you were in similar situations and I figured it might help to know that someone else was assured they could add the free dining without losing the complimentary upgrade.

Do y'all think the gift card given at check in will be a regular gift card that is valid for almost anything at Disney? Specifically wondering if you could use it for paying off Room Only balance at check in, or purchasing park tickets.
*Room Only only requires deposit of one night then you can pay the balance when you arrive, right?

Do y'all think the gift card given at check in will be a regular gift card that is valid for almost anything at Disney? Specifically wondering if you could use it for paying off Room Only balance at check in, or purchasing park tickets.
*Room Only only requires deposit of one night then you can pay the balance when you arrive, right?

On the construction info when you click on it at the bottom where it says you get the $75 gift card it states " For complete terms and conditions, please visit disneygiftcard.com."

So, it should be a regular Disney gift card you can use for pretty much anything. You can buy tickets with them, pay for food, and pay off room charges with it.

Hi everyone,

Got back late Friday night. Overall enjoyed our 4th stay at CBR despite the bus service this time around. Stayed in Barbados 15, was a 5 minute walk to OPR. Food Court never overly crowded. Food was good. Pool bar uncrowded as well. Sat in the hammocks and enjoyed the marshmallows. When we first arrived it was race weekend and the buses were crowded but even as the week went on, buses to MK seem to be an issue. One morning, DD16 and I walked up as an MK bus pulled off at 10:15, another one did not even pull up for 45 min. Buses were packed 24/7. We have been the week leading up to Christmas and rode buses with no problem. Huge lines leaving parks before fireworks even started. Sorry to say it added a lot of stress to us this trip. Even with me being chill, it got to me. For the rest of my crew, it didn't take as long to annoy them and lots of folks complaining. For that reason, if I don't have a car, I may wait and go until I can afford a monorail or Epcot resort for our next trip. Such a shame because it is otherwise an enjoyable resort.

Just switched over from POR for our first ever stay at CBR in November. Funny I was on the POR thread and had no idea why there were so many people bailing from CBR. Then I came over here and saw the $75 a night credit given all the construction issues. Since we rarely eat quick service anyway we decided a lower rate at CBR to begin with, coupled with what will be $600 in gift cards, seemed a total no brainer. T-minus 8 months and counting....

@Moocabn2258 and @amytaylor2

I finally got us switched over to a 2 bedroom at Saratoga Springs for no additional cost and was assured that we could apply free dining if it comes out without having to rebook at full price for SSR. I just wanted to update you guys since you were in similar situations and I figured it might help to know that someone else was assured they could add the free dining without losing the complimentary upgrade.
So glad it worked out for you! And it's reassuring that you were told the same things about free dining. Thanks for the update!

Just switched over from POR for our first ever stay at CBR in November. Funny I was on the POR thread and had no idea why there were so many people bailing from CBR. Then I came over here and saw the $75 a night credit given all the construction issues. Since we rarely eat quick service anyway we decided a lower rate at CBR to begin with, coupled with what will be $600 in gift cards, seemed a total no brainer. T-minus 8 months and counting....

Wait, even if you book after knowing about the construction in advance, they give you all of these deals?

Wait, even if you book after knowing about the construction in advance, they give you all of these deals?

Yep, apparently its for everyone who books there, even if you booked it knowingly. It's even on the website.

Yep, apparently its for everyone who books there, even if you booked it knowingly. It's even on the website.
Yes,Disney has decided the construction inconveniences are going to be bad enough to warrant the $75.00 GC for EVERYONE staying there regardless of their knowledge or lack of knowledge at time of booking.

Without going thru 200+ pages.. Will there be some Barbados and some Martinique buildings left - not torn down? Or are they all for the chopping block? It just seems a little strange if some Martinique buildings will be used for guests but major demo/construction on BOTH sides - CenterTown and the other Martinique buildings. Is there a specific list of buildings for demolition somewhere or just maps with vague lines? Thanks for any answers!

Without going thru 200+ pages.. Will there be some Barbados and some Martinique buildings left - not torn down? Or are they all for the chopping block?

All of Barbados and Martinique 21, 22 and 23 will be removed.

It just seems a little strange if some Martinique buildings will be used for guests but major demo/construction on BOTH sides - CenterTown and the other Martinique buildings. Is there a specific list of buildings for demolition somewhere or just maps with vague lines? Thanks for any answers!

Check out post #4232 on page 212 for more information.

Well if I like it enough, we may go back for that discount. We
Hi everyone,

Got back late Friday night. Overall enjoyed our 4th stay at CBR despite the bus service this time around. Stayed in Barbados 15, was a 5 minute walk to OPR. Food Court never overly crowded. Food was good. Pool bar uncrowded as well. Sat in the hammocks and enjoyed the marshmallows. When we first arrived it was race weekend and the buses were crowded but even as the week went on, buses to MK seem to be an issue. One morning, DD16 and I walked up as an MK bus pulled off at 10:15, another one did not even pull up for 45 min. Buses were packed 24/7. We have been the week leading up to Christmas and rode buses with no problem. Huge lines leaving parks before fireworks even started. Sorry to say it added a lot of stress to us this trip. Even with me being chill, it got to me. For the rest of my crew, it didn't take as long to annoy them and lots of folks complaining. For that reason, if I don't have a car, I may wait and go until I can afford a monorail or Epcot resort for our next trip. Such a shame because it is otherwise an enjoyable resort.

Ugh, this makes me nervous. Normally I love renting a car and since my daughter is also playing at Wide World of Sports, it seems like a no brainer. But we will also be park hopping a lot and I wanted to try the new express bus service. That is hard to do with a car. :sad1: Will have to re-evaluate this.

Okay this is weird.

I got an email today from Disney with CBR in the tiitle. I got excited thinking it was a confirmation of my $75 gift card during our upcoming stay in Nov.

But the body of the email is about Grand California hotel in disneyland having pool remodeling during our stay.

Hmm....

Okay this is weird.

I got an email today from Disney with CBR in the tiitle. I got excited thinking it was a confirmation of my $75 gift card during our upcoming stay in Nov.

But the body of the email is about Grand California hotel in disneyland having pool remodeling during our stay.

Hmm....

I just got the same thing. Header is CBR, body is all Grand Californian.

I got the same email with the Grand Californian info. Our trip is in December, so I'm assuming they meant to send us the info about the gift card. We'll see how long it takes for a correction email.

I got the same email with the Grand Californian info. Our trip is in December, so I'm assuming they meant to send us the info about the gift card. We'll see how long it takes for a correction email.

Got it as well and was gonna call them this morning. Glad to see I am not the only one. My concern is somehow they messed up my reservation after all the calling I did....

Okay this is weird.

Hmm....

I just got the same thing. Header is CBR, body is all Grand Californian.

Got it as well and was gonna call them this morning. Glad to see I am not the only one. My concern is somehow they messed up my reservation after all the calling I did....

Okay so I am not the only one. I will wait for them to correct it.

Hi Gang I did call and they said it was an error and they have received numerous calls - she just verified that I was at CBR and my dates (Late Nov to Early Dec) and said that I'd likely get something in the way of a correction email.. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter