Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

In a bit of a panic ... we are arriving tonight to CBR. Just recvd our room assignment. Trinidad North building 31 2nd floor. I'm a bit sad we had hoped for Aruba or Jamaica room. Can I call and request a change?

In a bit of a panic ... we are arriving tonight to CBR. Just recvd our room assignment. Trinidad North building 31 2nd floor. I'm a bit sad we had hoped for Aruba or Jamaica room. Can I call and request a change?

Yes you can... they can tell you if they can accommodate or not... If you let them know you don't need the room for a while that normally helps too...

Yes you can... they can tell you if they can accommodate or not... If you let them know you don't need the room for a while that normally helps too...
Thank you ... I did call and they moved us to Aruba pool view ... which is what I requested.
FYI I had called in my request, recvd an email... I did not fax it(forgot). When I called today she said there were no request listed on the reservation. So plz learn from my mistake ... call and fax request.

My husband and I are are considering staying at this resort in Late September. We noticed on the Disney website when booking that all the rooms seemed to be themed the same, but when I look out at people's pictures that doesn't seem to be the case... can anyone tell me if the King Bed Rooms all look the same as what is on the Disney site? see link below for reference.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/rates-rooms/

The King rooms all look like the pictures on the Disney site - shades of beige and brown. The greenish/bluish pics you might find around are older.

Building 31 is a great location. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm curious about this as well. If it was a moderate priced DVC I would definitely be interested in looking into it. If it's another deluxe priced DVC just on mod property, without the amenities of a Deluxe, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I was mostly excited about the potential at first, but now I'm more worried that taking out all those buildings is going to make 1 of only 2 mods that families of 5 can book, that much harder to book.

I don't think anyone knows exactly what their thought process is ...... the DVC thing has been a story for some time but not sure there is too much fact to go with it to understand a plan.

Totally agree with the loss of a very popular room option. They just added them to CBR, they have to know there is a market ....... maybe they are going to expand it to the rest of POR and add to POFQ?

I'd say more of the mods harder to book ANYWAY. I'm guessing that this partially explains why in mid-late August which is when things are allegedly starting to slow down there there were only King, Preferred, and Pirate left.

It does seem weird they would do something like this at a mod while they've already got lots of mod rooms out at a time at CSR with its renovation since they can't really do the same "one in prep, one in full swing, one in polish" action CBR did with its room renovations.

Oh well. I've switched to AoA (I know...it's a change from last night) for this trip. :)

Am sure CSR is just one building at a time. They are large enough they could do the sweep process within the one building. Thinking of a building equal to a village.

Also these initial permits are with Florida Water Management, so will be mostly land/water disturbances and work to prepare for the new construction. New construction will permit differently. There may not be any rooms pulled from inventory for some time, but there may be construction on the land all around the resort. Of course not having more specific info or timeline doesn't help those in the short term planning.

and the expiry dates were either Dec 11, 12 or 13th for ALL the milk
I know this was mentioned a few posts back...

For what it's worth, the expiration date on a carton of milk means that it has another week of quality. As long as the milk is kept cold, you should have no problem. Just so you know (dept of agriculture).

@rteetz - I'm curious -- is that Martinique and Barbados that are circled on the pictures - and thanks for posting all of this great information!

Tom

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we're checking in at CBR on Sunday. I did the online check-in (which seems more like a pre-reg to me), and when we did our MagicBands I noticed something to the effect of "if you have your MagicBand, you may not even need to stop at the front desk to check in at all, you can go straight to your room". I can't find a shred more information on that anywhere. So, what's the deal? How do I know whether I'll need to actually check in at the front desk or not?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we're checking in at CBR on Sunday. I did the online check-in (which seems more like a pre-reg to me), and when we did our MagicBands I noticed something to the effect of "if you have your MagicBand, you may not even need to stop at the front desk to check in at all, you can go straight to your room". I can't find a shred more information on that anywhere. So, what's the deal? How do I know whether I'll need to actually check in at the front desk or not?
If you put your cell phone number in you will get a text with your room number and your magic bands will already be programmed to open your door. You may also get an email with the same information.
If you are coming in on magic express they drop you off at the custom house.

Ok. My phone number is on file, and I got the texts last year but we still went to the front desk? Now I'm wondering if we really needed to do that. So if I get the text saying my room is ready, I can just go right to it and don't need to stop at the desk at all?

If I don't get the text saying it's ready, which is possible because our ME will likely arrive prior to 3pm check-in, would I then need to check in properly at the desk and leave my bags (carry ons) with the bellhop so we can just go straight to the parks?

I shouldn't feel so new at this since we just stayed on property a year ago, but if there's anything I can do to optimize things and save myself a step here or there, I will!

If you haven't gotten a text by the time you arrive, you would need to at least drop your bags with bellhop. Not sure if you have to check in. But you may want to check in just to check on your room.

Ok. My phone number is on file, and I got the texts last year but we still went to the front desk? Now I'm wondering if we really needed to do that. So if I get the text saying my room is ready, I can just go right to it and don't need to stop at the desk at all?

If you received a text with a room # and saying it was ready, then no you did not need to stop in the lobby and you could have went straight to your room.

If I don't get the text saying it's ready, which is possible because our ME will likely arrive prior to 3pm check-in, would I then need to check in properly at the desk and leave my bags (carry ons) with the bellhop so we can just go straight to the parks?

Yes

I shouldn't feel so new at this since we just stayed on property a year ago, but if there's anything I can do to optimize things and save myself a step here or there, I will!

One possible hiccup is if you have multiple Magic Bands assigned to your account. I got in around 1am on my arrival night and walked straight to Barbados from DME. My band didn't work on the door and I had to call to have the correct band prioritized on my account. Luckily it was taken care of with a phone call and I didn't have to walk my luggage back to Custom House. I was so not in the mood for that at 1am after a long day of traveling.

I have to say that though I have heard of the rumored DVC here, I really can't understand why they are doing it now. It really wasn't that long ago they refurbed all the rooms. What a waste of money and poor planning in my opinion. Yet I keep throwing them my money for them to spend as they see fit. Hope the construction is not starting in any real fashion until after my stay as I had to pay rack rate. I should hope if it is going to be bothersome they would at least discount rooms.

I have to say that though I have heard of the rumored DVC here, I really can't understand why they are doing it now. It really wasn't that long ago they refurbed all the rooms. What a waste of money and poor planning in my opinion. Yet I keep throwing them my money for them to spend as they see fit. Hope the construction is not starting in any real fashion until after my stay as I had to pay rack rate. I should hope if it is going to be bothersome they would at least discount rooms.
I agree 100%. What a waste of money to refurb all those rooms just to tear it all down. And DVC at a moderate resort makes no sense either. They market DVC as deluxe. Now it will just make it more difficult to book rooms at CBR for the middle class families of 5.

One possible hiccup is if you have multiple Magic Bands assigned to your account. I got in around 1am on my arrival night and walked straight to Barbados from DME. My band didn't work on the door and I had to call to have the correct band prioritized on my account. Luckily it was taken care of with a phone call and I didn't have to walk my luggage back to Custom House. I was so not in the mood for that at 1am after a long day of traveling.
This is why I only activate the MBs we will be bringing, and yes we bring more then the new ones. I live with 3 females and something about different colors, accessorizing, matching outfit.... blah blah blah:rotfl: We have a special MB bag that we put the accessories, I mean MBs in and take with us, we drive so it's easily within reach when we arrive at our resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter