• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Our family is scheduled too stay here for the first time. He will be in a chair since he can't walk too much each day. I will be in a scooter because I have thrown some ligaments in an ankle and will be only a month post op. Are the accessible rooms bigger than regular rooms so he will have enough room for the 4 of us and the two chairs?

The accessible rooms are not bigger but there will be room for all of you and the chairs.

Hi. I'm booked in a standard room standard view. In looking at the map would I be able to request Martinique 22?

Yup.

Somewhere I saw that was not a preferred?

Martinique 22 has Standard, King and Water View rooms.

What I'm looking for is to be close to the food court/pool, but not a preferred room.

Martinique 22, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are all equidistance from OPR and the Main Feature Pool. If you word your request as "Martinique 22, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51" you will have a very good chance of getting a room in one of them.

Hi. I'm booked in a standard room standard view. In looking at the map would I be able to request Martinique 22? Somewhere I saw that was not a preferred? What I'm looking for is to be close to the food court/pool, but not a preferred room.
Was in Martinique 2235 in 2015. Two minute walk max to OPR.

We are thinking about signing my 7yr old up for the Pirate Cruise. Has anyone signed up for it. It looks like something she would love. Did you just hang out at the pool until they were done?
We've not done the one at CBR, but my kids did the one at yacht club a few years ago and absolutely loved it. We were actually staying there at the time, so packed up the room then enjoyed a drink on the beach while they were gone. :)

Thanks for all the helpful info on the board. I'm trying to start from the beginning and read it all (because the next best thing to being at Disney is planning for Disney!) but I need to jump ahead to ask for some opinions.

We booked (with a discount code) a standard room for the last week of April but I need to add a day to the beginning of the trip. Was on the phone for 90 min today. There are no standard rooms available. I was advised to add a pirate room-only reservation. To all of you that stay here often and are familiar with booking, is this my best option?

I'd prefer to not switch rooms after one night but my discount code is up in 9 days and I'll lose the cheaper pirate room if I don't go ahead and book it. If I keep stalking the reservations what are the chances a standard room will open up for my one day? April 22.

Whew, that was long! Thanks for the help!

I am just wondering if they have soda machines out by the pool like they do at AOA to refill our mugs. We check in in 128 days and are so excited.

Thanks for all the helpful info on the board. I'm trying to start from the beginning and read it all (because the next best thing to being at Disney is planning for Disney!) but I need to jump ahead to ask for some opinions.

We booked (with a discount code) a standard room for the last week of April but I need to add a day to the beginning of the trip. Was on the phone for 90 min today. There are no standard rooms available. I was advised to add a pirate room-only reservation. To all of you that stay here often and are familiar with booking, is this my best option?

I'd prefer to not switch rooms after one night but my discount code is up in 9 days and I'll lose the cheaper pirate room if I don't go ahead and book it. If I keep stalking the reservations what are the chances a standard room will open up for my one day? April 22.

Whew, that was long! Thanks for the help!

If it was me, I would book a non discounted standard room to up my chances of not having to switch rooms after one night. Per the website a standard room for April 22nd is $237.

If it was me, I would book a non discounted standard room to up my chances of not having to switch rooms after one night. Per the website a standard room for April 22nd is $237.
Thank you for sharing that there was an availability for a standard room!
Strange that they told me over the phone after 90 minutes that there was no available standard rooms that day at all! And I kept looking myself but only after inputting my discount so it wasn't showing up on my end. Thanks for reminding me to check without the discount!

Thank you for sharing that there was an availability for a standard room!
Strange that they told me over the phone after 90 minutes that there was no available standard rooms that day at all! And I kept looking myself but only after inputting my discount so it wasn't showing up on my end. Thanks for reminding me to check without the discount!

:thumbsup2

My family went to WDW in January 2014 and stayed at POR. We liked it, but wanted to try something new this time. After doing some research, I think we will try out CBR this time. I do have a few questions though....

Our trip is planned for Dec 11-17, 2017. We are going to the dark side (Universal) for a few days before that, also.

1. We will book a preferred room, but wanted to know if a specific building would be best. Would prefer a building close to a bus stop and the foot court...what are your favorites?
2. My in-laws are joining us on this trip and will be staying in their own room, but wanted to know if I can request to have our rooms next to each other?

Thanks!!!!

My family went to WDW in January 2014 and stayed at POR. We liked it, but wanted to try something new this time. After doing some research, I think we will try out CBR this time. I do have a few questions though....

Our trip is planned for Dec 11-17, 2017. We are going to the dark side (Universal) for a few days before that, also.

1. We will book a preferred room, but wanted to know if a specific building would be best. Would prefer a building close to a bus stop and the foot court...what are your favorites?
2. My in-laws are joining us on this trip and will be staying in their own room, but wanted to know if I can request to have our rooms next to each other?

Thanks!!!!

1. Every Village has its own bus stop so you will always be close to one. If you book preferred, you will be close to your Village's bus stop and close to the Old Port Royale (food court, gift shop, arcade) stop.

2. As long as they book either a preferred, Water View or King room you can request that they be close to you. If you book preferred and they book standard, you won't be able to be real close. Definitely not in the same building.

Hope that helps.

1. Every Village has its own bus stop so you will always be close to one. If you book preferred, you will be close to your Village's bus stop and close to the Old Port Royale (food court, gift shop, arcade) stop.

2. As long as they book either a preferred, Water View or King room you can request that they be close to you. If you book preferred and they book standard, you won't be able to be real close. Definitely not in the same building.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the quick reply!! In-laws will also be booking a preferred room.

Thanks for the quick reply!! In-laws will also be booking a preferred room.

Well there you go. Once both rooms are booked and you have both confirmation numbers, call the Main Reservations line and have the CM link the 2 reservations as "traveling with". Then make a room request on both reservations to be placed near each other.

We were fans of POR until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to go back since. I think you're going to love it.

Well there you go. Once both rooms are booked and you have both confirmation numbers, call the Main Reservations line and have the CM link the 2 reservations as "traveling with". Then make a room request on both reservations to be placed near each other.

We were fans of POR until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to go back since. I think you're going to love it.
So excited!! Going to be hard to wait almost a whole year!!

Just back from another wonderful trip to CBR!! My daughter ran her first marathon and yes, it was a cold one!! I always book via phone and my only request was adjoining rooms and we ended up in Aruba 51!! Room 5157, second floor corner, does have the murphy bed and our view was the bridge to OPR to our left and parking lot to our right. The Jamaica and Aruba bus stops are about the same distance from Aruba 51. Lunches at OPR were very good and between the 4 of us, we tried several foods! DD had very sore feet after the race, so we took a cab to The Contemporary Resort for a celebration dinner at California Grill.
We called the front desk for the cab and it was outside Aruba 51 early!! Driver was very good and the fare was $16 plus tip. Dinner was amazing and the view is fantastic. Beautiful place to watch Wishes!! We had bell services pick us up on departure day, which we had requested the night before, and he was right on time at our door (6:45am)!! Airline check-in took maybe 2 minutes and we made our ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace with plenty of time to spare! Unfortunately Crystal Palace's food wasn't as good as it's been in the past. We'll return to Tusker House next time!

Just back from another wonderful trip to CBR!! My daughter ran her first marathon and yes, it was a cold one!! I always book via phone and my only request was adjoining rooms and we ended up in Aruba 51!! Room 5157, second floor corner, does have the murphy bed and our view was the bridge to OPR to our left and parking lot to our right. The Jamaica and Aruba bus stops are about the same distance from Aruba 51. Lunches at OPR were very good and between the 4 of us, we tried several foods! DD had very sore feet after the race, so we took a cab to The Contemporary Resort for a celebration dinner at California Grill.
We called the front desk for the cab and it was outside Aruba 51 early!! Driver was very good and the fare was $16 plus tip. Dinner was amazing and the view is fantastic. Beautiful place to watch Wishes!! We had bell services pick us up on departure day, which we had requested the night before, and he was right on time at our door (6:45am)!! Airline check-in took maybe 2 minutes and we made our ADR for breakfast at Crystal Palace with plenty of time to spare! Unfortunately Crystal Palace's food wasn't as good as it's been in the past. We'll return to Tusker House next time!
Sounds like you had a great time. I agree...Tusker House is the best for breakfast

We are 3 short days away from our first stay at CBR party:.... I did phone in a room request ... is it too late to send a request via fax? Is it needed? I know someone had posted a format for a fax request ...I can't find it and I'm not sure what to write?
Thank you all for all of the wonderful information you've supplied to this thread. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter