Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So excited to be at CBR in Feb. We're from Indiana and splitting our vacation between Disney and visiting family around Clearwater. We're actually going to be picked up on our last day by family to save on the cost of a rental car. Will there be any issues leaving our luggage at CBR while we enjoy one last day in the parks? We'll probably close one of them down and then head back to the resort to meet our ride. Is there a limit on how long they will let you keep your luggage there or how late?

You'll be fine leaving your luggage with Bell Services. They are open 24x7.

Happy Thanksgiving.
well, we leave in 2 days. I just found out that we are staying in Barbados. I am in a total panic.... no one ever talks about this area. We are not driving and will not have a car. Is it going to be a total headache for transportation? Also, How bad is it to go and get a drink from the food court?

Very curious to know how you found out your room is in Barbados?

Every village has its own bus stop so no headache there.

Depending on where in Barbados you are its about a 5-7 minute walk to OPR.

Very curious to know how you found out your room is in Barbados?

Every village has its own bus stop so no headache there.

Depending on where in Barbados you are its about a 5-7 minute walk to OPR.

Long story short when I called to make sure they got my room requests they ended up telling me that I ended up there. they even told me my room numbers which I forgot. I had taken your advice and asked for other buildings but got this one..... :(

I actually love Barbados because it's so easily walkable from the Customs House - I don't have to deal with getting someone to come get the luggage or dragging it from the other villages since it's not allowed on the internal shuttle.

The last time I was at CBR was for the 10th Anniversary Goofy Challenge (2015 maybe?) and I knew I had a late arrival. I ONLY requested Barbados so I wouldn't have to deal with all the mess that comes with getting luggage to another village and wouldn't you know they assigned me Jamaica 45. I was so not happy. They did make an exception for myself and the couple who were waiting for the internal shuttle since it was so late and it was just us to let us take our bags, but it was still a pain in the butt when they could easily have put me in probably the least requested (but my favorite) village. (I was tired and did not want to deal with standing there while they called someone to "see if we can move you" so I just took it. Had it been a Pirate Room they "upgraded" me to I would have stood though.)

Last edited:

Long story short when I called to make sure they got my room requests they ended up telling me that I ended up there. they even told me my room numbers which I forgot. I had taken your advice and asked for other buildings but got this one..... :(

I would be very tempted to bet my paycheck you won't be in Barbados. And if you are, it's going to be one hell of a coincidence. Two reasons I think that.

1. Your room wasn't assigned yet.
2. Even if it was assigned, there's no way the Call Center would know where your room is.

Did someone in your group happen to want a grey band?

I've seen reports of people who wanted grey bands and their magicbands haven't shipped because they didn't save the grey band as their selection, they just left it alone since it was the default color.

That's exactly what it was! I provided an update to share that information in the post below so others could be aware of possible glitch with that option. Thanks!

So, sharing info....

I called and got phenomenal service. Cast member connected me to My Disney Experience IT support. One of my party members wanted a gray band. I did personalize it with her name but left it as the default gray. According to him, this 'made the system think' I hadn't finished my order/personalization. As soon as he went in, it updated as a complete order. I expect to have them next week!

I would be very tempted to bet my paycheck you won't be in Barbados. And if you are, it's going to be one hell of a coincidence. Two reasons I think that.

1. Your room wasn't assigned yet.
2. Even if it was assigned, there's no way the Call Center would know where your room is.

Very interesting. when do they aassign the rooms? I was speaking with the supervisor if that makes a difference. she said we had connecting rooms with my mom. which i requeated too. they didn't want to talk to me and said I had to go through my travel agent (which has been awful ) and I explained that and that is when she went to everything.

She even called me back and said I put a couple extra fastpasses on for you since I feel so bad?

Very interesting. when do they aassign the rooms? I was speaking with the supervisor if that makes a difference. she said we had connecting rooms with my mom. which i requeated too. they didn't want to talk to me and said I had to go through my travel agent (which has been awful ) and I explained that and that is when she went to everything.

She even called me back and said I put a couple extra fastpasses on for you since I feel so bad?
Rooms are assigned 3-5 days before arrival. So it's possible you got accurate info....but just as possible you did not :)

So, I put in my request over the phone. We will arrive prior to 3 or 4 o'clock check in time but there are options for earlier arrival (yes I know it doesn't guarantee it will be ready ). But if I choose an earlier arrival time during online check in will it make it less likely I get my requests?

So, I put in my request over the phone. We will arrive prior to 3 or 4 o'clock check in time but there are options for earlier arrival (yes I know it doesn't guarantee it will be ready ). But if I choose an earlier arrival time during online check in will it make it less likely I get my requests?

I believe there is a box to check if you want the early arrival to supercede your other requests.

Hello! How do I go about requesting a village? When I do my early online check-in, they give options for "Room location requests" but they only give options for corner rooms, ground level, near elevators, etc. And then randomly you can also request Martinique, but no other village options are given.

Is there another place to make those requests? I was thinking I'd like to request Trinidad north to be closer to the pool and old port royale. I have Martinque selected now since it seems to be the only option. Is there somewhere else where I can write in requests? Would I have to call?

Hello! How do I go about requesting a village? When I do my early online check-in, they give options for "Room location requests" but they only give options for corner rooms, ground level, near elevators, etc. And then randomly you can also request Martinique, but no other village options are given.

Is there another place to make those requests? I was thinking I'd like to request Trinidad north to be closer to the pool and old port royale. I have Martinque selected now since it seems to be the only option. Is there somewhere else where I can write in requests? Would I have to call?
Yes call or there is a fax number you can fax them to but for the fax you have to do it around day 8 or 9.

Yes call or there is a fax number you can fax them to but for the fax you have to do it around day 8 or 9.

Do they accept faxes any longer? I was under the impression that POR and POFQ were the only ones that still accepted non-TouringPlans faxes.

Made it to CBR! When we were about 30 minutes away we got our room ready text. Our first request was ground floor. We got assigned a 2nd floor room in barbados. I called the number right away in our email and they were able to reassign us to Aruba 54 ground floor. So thankful! Kids are enjoying the pool now.

I just wonder why they do not convert the pirate rooms to club rooms. They will need to build a club. I also think they could have a smaller more quiet pool where the rooms are. Then you can drop people at the club entrance. This would reduce the nee for people to walk to OPR. And it will reduce it being so busy. It will also make a market for romantic travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter