Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all,

We're heading to the "happiest place on earth" in January, and as we (my 8 year old daughter and I) go every year, each time I try to do something different in an effort to make that particular trip special in it's own way. This year, I'm working on a scavenger hunt book that I'll give her as we arrive at our resort. The instructions are simple, she has to find, or do, the things mentioned in the list, and take a picture. The plan is, that once we get home, we can print out all the photos and make a scrapbook of this year's Disney adventure.

This year, we're staying at CBR, and I'm having a bit of trouble compiling the scavenger hunt list for that resort. I haven't been there in several years, and I honestly don't remember the things that make this resort "special" (We were there briefly and spent no time at the resort). Can anyone of you wonderful people give me a few hints? So far I've asked her to take a picture of the time we officially start our vacation on the lobby clock, to find the flag of the country that our village is named after, and to throw a penny in the fountain while making a wish for this trip. Any other ideas?

Thank you! And if anyone would like, I can send you the file for the book, which you can easily customize for your own family and your own itinerary. It's 5X7, so easy to carry around in the parks. It includes the four parks, the resort, a page to check off how many Hidden Mickey's she's found, and several pages for autographs, including a page to count up her points, instructions, etc... I'm having a great deal of fun making it, and I think it could be a lot of fun in the parks, especially if you tend to visit regularly.

Thank you!
Kristen

Is it weird that my magic bands still havent processed or shipped? I can still make changes and I'm 18 days out.

Did someone in your group happen to want a grey band?

I've seen reports of people who wanted grey bands and their magicbands haven't shipped because they didn't save the grey band as their selection, they just left it alone since it was the default color.

Hi all,

We're heading to the "happiest place on earth" in January, and as we (my 8 year old daughter and I) go every year, each time I try to do something different in an effort to make that particular trip special in it's own way. This year, I'm working on a scavenger hunt book that I'll give her as we arrive at our resort. The instructions are simple, she has to find, or do, the things mentioned in the list, and take a picture. The plan is, that once we get home, we can print out all the photos and make a scrapbook of this year's Disney adventure.

This year, we're staying at CBR, and I'm having a bit of trouble compiling the scavenger hunt list for that resort. I haven't been there in several years, and I honestly don't remember the things that make this resort "special" (We were there briefly and spent no time at the resort). Can anyone of you wonderful people give me a few hints? So far I've asked her to take a picture of the time we officially start our vacation on the lobby clock, to find the flag of the country that our village is named after, and to throw a penny in the fountain while making a wish for this trip. Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Kristen

I would definitely add a pic of her relaxing in a hammock on the beach. That's definitely one of the things I find special about CBR. Maybe the playground too?

Are there any "romantic" areas at CBR? I am going to propose in a few weeks...and I am still trying to narrow down options. Magic Kingdom is the easy choice, but I am worried about it being too crowded. Any ideas?

Are there any "romantic" areas at CBR? I am going to propose in a few weeks...and I am still trying to narrow down options. Magic Kingdom is the easy choice, but I am worried about it being too crowded. Any ideas?

Our trip is in 2.5 weeks, so I don't know about CBR, but when I was planning the trip, some ppl here mentioned these to me:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/carriage-rides/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/holiday-sleigh-rides/

Maybe on one of the beaches during the fireworks? I'd find that romantic. I'm just not sure which beaches they can be viewed from as we watched them from the bridge.

Last edited:
I would do it on Main Street and maybe grab a photopass photographer to take some pics and just kind of whisper I'm going to propose and have her stand for a castle shot and you drop to a knee. :) I bet people will clap for you!

Hi,

Can I make a call from the resort room to 407-WDW-PLAY?
If yes, is it free of charge?

Thanks!

Wheeeeee!!! We just switched from a suite in AOA to 2 rooms in CBR (we requested connecting rooms *finger crossed*)...

DH and I stayed in CBR 2 years ago and loved it. This time we are bringing my FIL and MIL with us for a short pre-cruise stay (2 nights).

Can't wait.

Any changes to the resort since we've been there?

We were lucky enough to score a refurbished room the last time... :)

We are at 17 days and got here on the 15th (8 days ago). Maybe give them a call?

So, sharing info....

I called and got phenomenal service. Cast member connected me to My Disney Experience IT support. One of my party members wanted a gray band. I did personalize it with her name but left it as the default gray. According to him, this 'made the system think' I hadn't finished my order/personalization. As soon as he went in, it updated as a complete order. I expect to have them next week!

So, sharing info....

I called and got phenomenal service. Cast member connected me to My Disney Experience IT support. One of my party members wanted a gray band. I did personalize it with her name but left it as the default gray. According to him, this 'made the system think' I hadn't finished my order/personalization. As soon as he went in, it updated as a complete order. I expect to have them next week!
I am so glad you figured it out! Have a great trip!

So excited to be at CBR in Feb. We're from Indiana and splitting our vacation between Disney and visiting family around Clearwater. We're actually going to be picked up on our last day by family to save on the cost of a rental car. Will there be any issues leaving our luggage at CBR while we enjoy one last day in the parks? We'll probably close one of them down and then head back to the resort to meet our ride. Is there a limit on how long they will let you keep your luggage there or how late?

Happy Thanksgiving.
well, we leave in 2 days. I just found out that we are staying in Barbados. I am in a total panic.... no one ever talks about this area. We are not driving and will not have a car. Is it going to be a total headache for transportation? Also, How bad is it to go and get a drink from the food court?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter