Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone link me to the post that lists known Murphy bed rooms? I know several have been added since I reviewed it last. 30 days for me!!

I have a question about check out. I know it's at 11, but our flight isn't until 7, so magical express pick up is around 4pm. We are heading to Disney springs during the day. Will bell services pick up our luggage in the morning and take to customs house to hold for us?

hi hi hi hi HI!! :)

So this weekend we booked our first ever New years trip! It's a trip of firsts!
the first time to book so close to when we go, the first time for new years, the first time to go twice in one year, and the first time we are going to stay at a moderate!
I'm really excited to be coming to stay at Caribbean Beach this trip, after 4 trips (that I've taken my kids on) at value resorts!
Just finished reading through all the intro posts. I've learned so much about the hotel. My mom is happy that these rooms have coffee makers and we don't have to pack
ours for her this time. Aww the little things :)

So my big question is... will the hotel be having any festivities for New Years Eve? I don't think we will be in the parks that night. Too hectic! I'd rather hit up rope drop at MK the morning of New Years Day instead.
I booked us a dinner at the Grand Floridian Café for NYE. And we can check out the Gingerbread house and the wonderful decorations at the hotel (we've only ever been inside there once).

did I mention I'm excited??? lol

So me again.... Anyone know anything about NYE?? :) :) :)

I've also been thinking about room request. I know the layout of the values so well, I always know exactly what I want.
A - what is the advantage of a corner room? Just wondering why this is a request?
B - We have a car, and will be taking the car to get into the parks (most of the time), so bus stop location isn't TOO important.
C - We do like a ground floor, how is the sound from above at CBR?
D - I see only Martinique as an option online for sections to stay in? How do you request the others?
E - When I booked with the agent on the phone (to change resorts from value to CBR), I did request a room with a trundle bed.

Also, can anyone compare the food court at CBR to the one at pop?

Thanks so much!! :)

So me again.... Anyone know anything about NYE?? :) :) :)

I've also been thinking about room request. I know the layout of the values so well, I always know exactly what I want.
A - what is the advantage of a corner room? Just wondering why this is a request?
B - We have a car, and will be taking the car to get into the parks (most of the time), so bus stop location isn't TOO important.
C - We do like a ground floor, how is the sound from above at CBR?
D - I see only Martinique as an option online for sections to stay in? How do you request the others?
E - When I booked with the agent on the phone (to change resorts from value to CBR), I did request a room with a trundle bed.

Also, can anyone compare the food court at CBR to the one at pop?

Thanks so much!! :)

A - I'm not 100% certain at CBR but at other resorts I know they are said to be a little bigger so it gives a little more room.
B - Bus locations are at every village so no room is far from a bus.
C - CBR rooms are the quietest rooms of any Disney resort we've stayed at. We had ground floor and only once heard a neighbor when a door slammed the entire 10 days we were there.
D - Martinique is the only option to request with online check in. I called to request the village I wanted and then skipped online check in.
E - With that busy of a week if you aren't with a party of 5 I wouldn't expect to get a room with a murphy bed, but if that is a priority I'd make it your only request.

As for the food court, I very much prefer the one at CBR. Nice layout so it doesn't ever seen as chaotic and crowded and the food is good. Lots of options.

A - I'm not 100% certain at CBR but at other resorts I know they are said to be a little bigger so it gives a little more room.
C - CBR rooms are the quietest rooms of any Disney resort we've stayed at. We had ground floor and only once heard a neighbor when a door slammed the entire 10 days we were there.
D - Martinique is the only option to request with online check in. I called to request the village I wanted and then skipped online check in.
E - With that busy of a week if you aren't with a party of 5 I wouldn't expect to get a room with a murphy bed, but if that is a priority I'd make it your only request.

As for the food court, I very much prefer the one at CBR. Nice layout so it doesn't ever seen as chaotic and crowded and the food is good. Lots of options.

Thank you for that information :)

I actually have to reservations linked together. My Dec 29-Jan 1, and then Jan 1-6. Since the first part of January had a room promo on. I'm fingers crossed they can keep us in the same
room the whole trip.
Travelling with my mom, myself and my 2 boys. And my oldest one is almost 11. He finds it's awkward now to sleep with his grandma. And to put my boys together and then me and my mom is just weird. LOL
so a trundle bed would help incredibly. I will definitely consider this then as my only request. Thank you!

Hi Everyone!
My daughter and I (she's 7) are making our first solo mama/daughter trip in March of next year. I would ideally like to be near the food court and a bus stop as well. We are staying in a king room. Any suggestions for a specific room location request I should ask for?

Hi Everyone!
My daughter and I (she's 7) are making our first solo mama/daughter trip in March of next year. I would ideally like to be near the food court and a bus stop as well. We are staying in a king room. Any suggestions for a specific room location request I should ask for?

Every village has its own bus stop so you will never be more than 1-2 minute walk to one. Any of the following will put you really close to the Food Court and Main Feature Pool.

Trinidad North - Any building
Martinique - 23, 25 or 26

Every village has its own bus stop so you will never be more than 1-2 minute walk to one. Any of the following will put you really close to the Food Court and Main Feature Pool.

Trinidad North - Any building
Martinique - 23, 25 or 26

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is our first trip without my husband, who cannot get off work for the trip. So I'm trying to make things as easy as possible!

Is there anything @dansdad doesn't know???
Try this one...what kind of beer/wine does the gift shop sell? Prices?

When we were there in January they had a decent selection of wine. I picked up the Once Upon a Vine and it was around $15 IIRC. Almost 2x what I pay at home, but it didn't shock me.

When Disney runs discounts, are all CBR room categories available or just some of them? TIA. I currently have a reservation at AoA Little Mermaid room for the end of April, and if a discount comes out for our stay, I am thinking of switching to CBR. My daughter really wants a pool with a slide :)

Corner rooms have a second window in almost all if not all cases. More natural light!

When Disney runs discounts, are all CBR room categories available or just some of them? TIA. I currently have a reservation at AoA Little Mermaid room for the end of April, and if a discount comes out for our stay, I am thinking of switching to CBR. My daughter really wants a pool with a slide :)
It really just depends on what room categories they need help filling at the time the discount is released. But I don't think there's a category that's ever always excluded, if that's what you're asking?

Hi Everyone!
Trinidad North and Martinique 24, 25, and 26 are closest to OPR, but Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are directly across the bridge from OPR and are also close.

Hi @KonaKaiTom ! I'm from New London area! And I agree about the color of Aruba, that's how I chose to stay there the very first time we stayed at CBR, (2006), I knew so little then and just lucked out on our room and village!
And @dansdad knows EVERYTHING!!!
lol

Last edited:
In this family's opinion you made an excellent choice! Ever since our first stay at CBR, we haven't been able to stay anywhere else. We were fans of POR and POFQ until staying at CBR. Now we choose CBR over them every time. And to save $$ too, that's just the icing on the cake.

The following locations are all 3-4 minutes from OPR and the Main Feature pool.

Martinique 21, 22, 23
Aruba 51
Jamaica 45
I wanted to hit the "Like" button 3 times, "Like, Like, Like"
Only thing we liked at POFQ and POR was the boat trip to then Downtown Disney, couldn't wait to plan our next trip "home" to CBR!
I wouldn't care if it cost less to stay at the Ports, still staying at CBR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter