Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anybody else been given free upgrades to the Pirate rooms? Just wondering how the beds are in comparison to other Disney beds? We had one room booked for the Pirate rooms and Disney has upgraded our other two rooms, so we will all be together:)
We just stated in a pirate room last weekend and LOVED it. I was worried about not having a queen (DH is 6'5") but we were fine. And the mattresses were so comfy! Theming is amazing, seriously the coolest room I've ever stayed in. My only complaint is how far those rooms are from everything. But I would definitely book it again!!

We have been "upgraded" to a pirate room and happily declined. They tried to tell me that when you book standard that means they can put you anywhere. Until I showed them on the website that standard says 2 queen beds. They ended up putting us in a preferred because they oversold standard. But it was actually a good thing for them in the long run because they convinced me to book preferred from now on because we loved it so much. They almost never sell the pirate rooms out, so you'd have a good chance I'd say. I think they are cute, but my husband and I are both al ost 6 foot tall, we can't sleep in double beds.
I would have never thought to show them the website! Smart cookie!

You are never to far from parking at all. IMO, since the parking lots are so big, you will be rather close to your car and asking to be close to parking is probably not necessary.

We are driving and will drive to most parks (with 4 kids 7 and under its just what we prefer) and I had thought that after "ground floor" my 2nd request would be close to parking. We stayed at POR last year and it just seemed like the walk back to our room at night was tough, holding sleeping kids. It does look like some buildings are closer to parking lots while others are closer to the lake so I am hoping it helps to request it. We will see! Either way we will be at Disney!

Omg that is my main reason for not liking the poly. Expected it to be peaceful and it's not. It's like grand central station in the GCH. The beach is packed with people that aren't staying here. Trader SAMs makes it crazy too. And I HATE captain cooks. I want OPR food court!! Sick of sharing buses too. CBR was so quiet and peaceful for our 10 nights over thanksgiving. Can't wait to go back.

So many people visit the Poly unlike CBR. We walked to Captain Cooks one morning from the GF and that place was crazy! With kids I think I do prefer the moderates and the food courts. But I do miss hopping on the monorail and being at the MK gates so quickly!

You are correct.

This is great, I never knew you could take the towel characters home!

We are driving and will drive to most parks (with 4 kids 7 and under its just what we prefer) and I had thought that after "ground floor" my 2nd request would be close to parking. We stayed at POR last year and it just seemed like the walk back to our room at night was tough, holding sleeping kids. It does look like some buildings are closer to parking lots while others are closer to the lake so I am hoping it helps to request it. We will see! Either way we will be at Disney!

I understand. Did that back in 2003.

So many people visit the Poly unlike CBR. We walked to Captain Cooks one morning from the GF and that place was crazy! With kids I think I do prefer the moderates and the food courts. But I do miss hopping on the monorail and being at the MK gates so quickly!

This is great, I never knew you could take the towel characters home!
Hopping the monorail to MK was nice, but it seemed like it took 2-3x as long to get to all the other resorts.

Is there an updated list of rooms with Murphy beds? My reservation is water view and we have 5 people. Wondering if Murphy beds are in water view rooms.

Anybody else been given free upgrades to the Pirate rooms? Just wondering how the beds are in comparison to other Disney beds? We had one room booked for the Pirate rooms and Disney has upgraded our other two rooms, so we will all be together:)
The wife and I thought the beds were GREAT!! Much more comfortable than the beds at AOA. It was our deciding factor in booking our next trip at CBR.

Is there an updated list of rooms with Murphy beds? My reservation is water view and we have 5 people. Wondering if Murphy beds are in water view rooms.

There is one a few pages back but it's far from listing even a quarter of the rooms that have them. However, there should be murphy bed rooms in all categories (except king I'd assume lol).

I posted this a few pages back but out of the 2112 beds at CBR, this is only 60 of them. It is only dependent on what people post that have stayed at CBR and reported back.

"I am stuck at home nursing some dental surgery :guilty: so I went through all the pages (searched murphy and pull down) and wrote down all the room numbers that someone has reported with a murphy bed. I also incorporated them into your list from the first page so if you want to update it with this list (I have bolded the new entries). There are only 60 total rooms reported with a murphy bed. There were 25 that I added to your 35 from the original list. There is still a long way to go on capturing all the murphy bed rooms but hopefully we will have some other disboard members report their murphy bed rooms. Hope this helps.

Trinidad North:

Aruba:

Jamaica
4405 (corner room) & 4406 (connecting too)

4529 & 4530 (connecting too)

4627 (accessible room)

Martinique

2240 (corner room)

2637 (has a pull-down and connects to 2638)

Barbados
1245 & 1246 (connecting too)

1651"

We are here!!! Got our text around 1130 this morning that our room was ready-aND exactly the opposite of everytjng I requested, lol. We were given a room in Aruba in the building farthest from the bridge and 1st floor. I had requested Jamaica 45 second floor. When we got here around 1 we stopped at the check in desk and asked nicely if there was anytnjng closer to the bridge, maybe in Jamaica 45. The guy (andrew) was so nice and really patient (we had some other questions unrelated to our room assignment). He called whoever you call for such requests and we ended up in Jamaica 45 on the second floor! I was so excited! Then he asked if we wanted a family pic and came around and took one of all of us with our camera. He also gave us anniversary buttons and 1st visit buttons for the kids. He was great and I am very grateful they ended up being able to fulfill our request.

Kids loved the feature pool this afternoon and evening too!

We have bug spray in our room wi th info about mosquitos. Room was very clean when we arrived. CM s have been friendly and helpful. We got our refillable mugs and have used them several times already. Handle less only.

Any questions feel free to ask. Kids are asleep and husband is watching football, lol.

I posted this a few pages back but out of the 2112 beds at CBR, this is only 60 of them. It is only dependent on what people post that have stayed at CBR and reported back.

"I am stuck at home nursing some dental surgery :guilty: so I went through all the pages (searched murphy and pull down) and wrote down all the room numbers that someone has reported with a murphy bed. I also incorporated them into your list from the first page so if you want to update it with this list (I have bolded the new entries). There are only 60 total rooms reported with a murphy bed. There were 25 that I added to your 35 from the original list. There is still a long way to go on capturing all the murphy bed rooms but hopefully we will have some other disboard members report their murphy bed rooms. Hope this helps.

Trinidad North:

Aruba:

Jamaica
4405 (corner room) & 4406 (connecting too)

4529 & 4530 (connecting too)

4627 (accessible room)

Martinique

2240 (corner room)

2637 (has a pull-down and connects to 2638)

Barbados
1245 & 1246 (connecting too)

1651"
WOW, thanks for your hard work!

We are here!!! Got our text around 1130 this morning that our room was ready-aND exactly the opposite of everytjng I requested, lol. We were given a room in Aruba in the building farthest from the bridge and 1st floor. I had requested Jamaica 45 second floor. When we got here around 1 we stopped at the check in desk and asked nicely if there was anytnjng closer to the bridge, maybe in Jamaica 45. The guy (andrew) was so nice and really patient (we had some other questions unrelated to our room assignment). He called whoever you call for such requests and we ended up in Jamaica 45 on the second floor! I was so excited! Then he asked if we wanted a family pic and came around and took one of all of us with our camera. He also gave us anniversary buttons and 1st visit buttons for the kids. He was great and I am very grateful they ended up being able to fulfill our request.

We have bug spray in our room wi th info about mosquitos. Room was very clean when we arrived. CM s have been friendly and helpful. We got our refillable mugs and have used them several times already. Handle less only.

Any questions feel free to ask. Kids are asleep and husband is watching football, lol.

Sounds like you received some very nice pixie dust during check-in! Can you tell me the type of shampoo and conditioner that is in the room? Thanks an enjoy your trip!

That's great they could meet your room request. Can you tell me what time the food court opens in the morning please? Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter