• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I realize having noisy guests around you will have an affect but as a whole, CBR has been the quietest WDW resort we have stayed at. By far. We've had both 1st and 2nd floor and have always felt like we're the only people in our building.

So true! I've never heard anything from either between the walls or from the ceiling. Or from people walking by outside. (We've stayed there 7 times and have had first floor, second floor and connecting rooms) oh and never have heard anything through the connecting door. (We stayed at a hotel in NH once where our neighbors were so loud you could hear through the connecting door like they were sitting in our room! It was awful!) They must have thick concrete between rooms since it's always so quiet!! I've had the best sleep of my life there Hahaa!

We requested first floor - is there any worries that critters may be able to enter our room (no clue why I am wondering this) just thinking - LOL

We requested first floor - is there any worries that critters may be able to enter our room (no clue why I am wondering this) just thinking - LOL
I have heard a couple of people say things about critters getting in. I often wondered....how? Do you leave your door opened? LOL We have never had any problem what so ever.

I mentioned critters earlier and it was out fault. We had a lake view room on the first floor at POP. We were taking a mid day break and one of the kids left the door cracked while they went to get ice and a little lizard found its way in the room. We just helped him find his way back outside. :blush: I would never hesitate to stay in a ground floor room.

We just settled in Aruba 53. Room 5331. Murphy bed and connects to the corner room 5332. No freezer compartment, or at least no door to it.

We had actually been assigned both our requests (2nd floor, corner) however we arrived earlier than planned and chose to go with a ready room rather than wait for the requests.

We walked over the island to get lunch. It's a good walk and I could see how little legs on a long day would be tough. My boys so far love it for the view and chance to watch geckos.

The critters can most definately get in! As we passed a room we saw one slip under a door and vanish. May just be hidden, but if they opened that door it would be visiting. Lol of course my family is all hoping a lizard moves in.

I notice the musty/odd smell. It's not strong and it's not consistent. Not worth any complaints. Just every now and than I catch it. Family thinks I'm just crazy.

No handled mugs in the three areas we checked.

I would think an inflatable mattress would fit fine by the door. What I do not understand though is why you would want a room with a murphy bed and not want to use it. Why not get a regular room and leave the murphy for someone who wants to use it?

We have three children, so obviously we need it (check my signature). But I know my 17 year old 5 foot daughter will not want to sleep on that...

We're arriving in 5 weeks and have never stayed at this resort. We have a standard room booked and I'm going to request Jamaica or Aruba.

Are the lower level rooms very noisy as far as people walking by? I don't really want a lot of noisy stuff right outside our room, but I also don't really want to have to drag all of our stuff up and down the stairs.
Always get lower floor and have never had a major issue with noise...except once during Cheer Week when a girl found the registration room near midnight...and I quote, "Brittany, I found the room." I believe that the people staying at Saratoga Springs heard her as well. 8-)

We have three children, so obviously we need it (check my signature). But I know my 17 year old 5 foot daughter will not want to sleep on that...
Ok, I get it now. LOL You have 5 so you have no choice. I am only 5'2" and I would sleep on it. hehe We had a room with one and since I am short I had to see if I fit. I fit just fine. But, I do understand if your daughter does not want to. Keep in mind, she would fit though. :) That air mattress like I said should fit just fine by the door. Enjoy your vacation!

We arrived today and while it took a while to get our room, we basically got what we requested. Martinique 2416, 2414, and 2415 all have no murphy beds for those keeping track. So far no issues, although it was def. busier than I expected for the middle of the day. As pp commented, no handled mugs. I looked a lot and asked 2 different CM's (one of which told me they were being discontinued,) and they said they had none left. Luggage services seems to be having issues today as well, at least thats what they told us. We had 2 parties arrive at CBR this morning at 9am and we checked in a a little before 11:30 and after calling and by 4:00, still no luggage for anyone. Hoping it's there when we get back. Very excited for our Disney trip to finally be here though and hoping for as little rain as possible.

We arrived today and while it took a while to get our room, we basically got what we requested. Martinique 2416, 2414, and 2415 all have no murphy beds for those keeping track. So far no issues, although it was def. busier than I expected for the middle of the day. As pp commented, no handled mugs. I looked a lot and asked 2 different CM's (one of which told me they were being discontinued,) and they said they had none left. Luggage services seems to be having issues today as well, at least thats what they told us. We had 2 parties arrive at CBR this morning at 9am and we checked in a a little before 11:30 and after calling and by 4:00, still no luggage for anyone. Hoping it's there when we get back. Very excited for our Disney trip to finally be here though and hoping for as little rain as possible.
YAY for getting the rooms your requested! :dance3:That is always a great way to start your vacation!

Will you double check room 2415 for the murphy bed please. There are a few people on this thread that have stayed in 2415 and posted that 2415 does have the murphy bed in that room.
Some others have also posted that these were some of the rooms that had an issue of there being a strange smell/odor in the rooms. Are you experiencing any strange smell/odor? They were working on getting the odor issue fixed so we are all just trying to keep up with that too.
:thanks:for helping us out.

Hi. I am saying here for the first time next year with my 15 year old daughter and we have booked a preferred room. Can anyone advise me what I should ask for to try and be as close possible to a quiet pool. Also I have another question. We are from the UK so will be taking our luggage with us from the airport on the ME. Will there be people in golf carts to help us get from Custom House to our room or should I prepare to drag our cases? That's what we usually do but usually I have DH and DS helping us!!!

Hi. I am saying here for the first time next year with my 15 year old daughter and we have booked a preferred room. Can anyone advise me what I should ask for to try and be as close possible to a quiet pool. Also I have another question. We are from the UK so will be taking our luggage with us from the airport on the ME. Will there be people in golf carts to help us get from Custom House to our room or should I prepare to drag our cases? That's what we usually do but usually I have DH and DS helping us!!!
Well, a preferred room will pretty much cover your request, but you can also ask for a water/pool view room as well. And Bell Service will help you get your bags to your room. There is no cost, but tips are appreciated.

Well, a preferred room will pretty much cover your request, but you can also ask for a water/pool view room as well. And Bell Service will help you get your bags to your room. There is no cost, but tips are appreciated.

Thank you. Is $5 per suitcase enough tip?

I booked 2 nights in a "preferred king" room at CBR in December. This will be my proposal trip, so I am trying to make it as "great" as possible. Are there any specific room requests I should be looking at? I know we will be in Trinidad North or Martinique (24, 25, 26). I am thinking about asking for a 2nd floor (quieter). But anything else I should consider? Thanks for the help.

My understanding is that there is an internal shuttle that will take you and your luggage to your building.
A preferred room will get you into one of the 6 buildings (Trinidad North or Martinique building 24, 25 or 26) and closest to OPR (main pool and dining). If you are wanting to be closer to the quiet pool in a preferred area, you would want to request building 24 in Martinique or building 33 in Trinidad North. I would make these my requests:
  • Building 24 Martinique or building 33 Jamaica
  • closest to the quiet pool.
Here is a copy of the map that is shown on the first post that may help you get a visual:
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I booked 2 nights in a "preferred king" room at CBR in December. This will be my proposal trip, so I am trying to make it as "great" as possible. Are there any specific room requests I should be looking at? I know we will be in Trinidad North or Martinique (24, 25, 26). I am thinking about asking for a 2nd floor (quieter). But anything else I should consider? Thanks for the help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance3:
I'm not sure there would be much more that you could request other ground or top floor and Martinique or Trinidad North.
You can request a water view but water view is a bookable category and there is not a "preferred water view". You may luck out getting a water view if you add that as a request.
With you being booked "preferred king" the rooms the room assigner has to choose from are already limited. Since the majority of the rooms at CBR are double queen bed rooms, the room assigner will only be able to choose from the limited amount of king rooms in the 6 preferred buildings. In those 6 buildings there may only be 10-20 king rooms and requesting the 2nd floor, that cuts all 1st floor preferred king rooms out of any room assignment, then she has to find one that is vacant for your trip dates. The more requests you make the fewer rooms she has to choose from.
Not trying to be a Debbie downer, just hoping to help you realize, the more requests you make the harder it is for the room assigner to get you a room that matches your requests.
Personally, I would add to your reservation "proposal trip" so they will know it is a special occasion and this may be a time that a sweet fax explaining, may help. :goodvibes

YAY for getting the rooms your requested! :dance3:That is always a great way to start your vacation!

Will you double check room 2415 for the murphy bed please. There are a few people on this thread that have stayed in 2415 and posted that 2415 does have the murphy bed in that room.
Some others have also posted that these were some of the rooms that had an issue of there being a strange smell/odor in the rooms. Are you experiencing any strange smell/odor? They were working on getting the odor issue fixed so we are all just trying to keep up with that too.
:thanks:for helping us out.

It was my mistake, we're actually 2413, 2414 and 2416 -all no murphy beds. We are not in 2415. We haven't noticed any smells either, so hopefully whatever the issue was is fixed.

There are no rooms categorized as Preferred King. Rooms are either Preferred or King. With a King room booked you could be in any building except Trinidad South where the Pirate Themed Rooms are.

So if you would like to be closest to the Main Feature Pool and OPR, you will need to request Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter