• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Wait this was and issue? Are you saying CBR currently has handle free ones? If that's the case I'm packing my 2014 mugs (well those that have survived) for the trip as we carry those things everywhere!! And a disappointment because it than transfers to my morning mug at work, and I need the handle.

Yes, currently the majority of the resorts only have handleless mugs currently.

I have a standard room booked for our trip, what location/building would you suggest I ask for when I do online check in. I DON'T want the lower floor, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd floor.

I have a standard room booked for our trip, what location/building would you suggest I ask for when I do online check in. I DON'T want the lower floor, I prefer the 2nd or 3rd floor.

The buildings at the CBR are only two floors. We have stayed in all of the villages with the exception of the two Trinidad villages and have enjoyed our stays in each of them. Having said that, for some reason, Jamaica seems to be our favorite.

Planning to be there next week. So, national weather says Florida may have first major storm in 11 years. 60% chance of rain most of the time. And no Electrical Parade most nights we're there.
No matter. Break out the ponchos. Bad day at WDW better than good day anywhere else.

That's the right attitude! And one I completely agree with.

I will be checking in this Sunday. Anyone who has been there recently, do they have the refillable mugs with or without handles now in Old Port Royal? Or both? Just curious what they had available now. Thanks!

I will be checking in this Sunday. Anyone who has been there recently, do they have the refillable mugs with or without handles now in Old Port Royal? Or both? Just curious what they had available now. Thanks!
Great question! I would love to know too!

We are looking at CBR for spring break and would like a murphy bed room, but want to use an inflatable mattress in place of the murphy. Where would it fit in the room? I was thinking that it could fit by the bed closest to the door the way the trundle used to at POR.

I have booked a preferred room, what I would like to know is do all preferred rooms have a courtyard view or can you get one with a different view such as lake or parking lot. Not really wanting a courtyard since that seems to be the smoking area.

We're checking in on Thursday and I am beyond excited! This thread has been a huge help in planning. Thank you to all of those who share their knowledge about the resort, and also to those asking questions...I had many questions that others had already asked and had answers to so I was able to continue planning without having to post and wait for answers. Dis'ers are the best!

I have booked a preferred room, what I would like to know is do all preferred rooms have a courtyard view or can you get one with a different view such as lake or parking lot. Not really wanting a courtyard since that seems to be the smoking area.

I found where Dansdad answered this same question in a couple of posts on page 133 :)
"Rooms are either Preferred OR Water View", "Preferred rooms will face the inner courtyards, another building or the parking lot." So basically, there is not a Preferred waterview room, it is either/or. Here is a picture of the resort- Booking Preferred will get you closest to Old Port Royale Centertown and the main pool in buildings 24, 25, 26 in Martinique or buildings 31, 32 or 33 in Trinidad North. You can also see where the smoking area's are located on the map. Not all courtyard area's face a smoking area and there are plenty of preferred rooms that aren't close to a smoking area. If you or someone in your family are sensitive to smoke, I would definitely call and have that added to your reservation, just ask them to add a request "away from any designated smoking area". Pixie dust for the perfect room!
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

I found where Dansdad answered this same question in a couple of posts on page 133 :)
"Rooms are either Preferred OR Water View", "Preferred rooms will face the inner courtyards, another building or the parking lot." So basically, there is not a Preferred waterview room, it is either/or. Here is a picture of the resort- Booking Preferred will get you closest to Old Port Royale Centertown and the main pool in buildings 24, 25, 26 in Martinique or buildings 31, 32 or 33 in Trinidad North. You can also see where the smoking area's are located on the map. Not all courtyard area's face a smoking area and there are plenty of preferred rooms that aren't close to a smoking area. If you or someone in your family are sensitive to smoke, I would definitely call and have that added to your reservation, just ask them to add a request "away from any designated smoking area". Pixie dust for the perfect room!
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235
This is why you don't let other people post on your account. I had already read that but one of my boys didn't believe me so decided to ask on his own. He just wants a room near water and away from smoking. Sorry for the duplicate question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter