Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone know what time the check-in desk opens? I have a room-only for the first night, so I'd like to do the check out/check in again thing as early as possible so I can head to a park.

Just got home from a 14 night stay.
We did online check in and requested Martinique second floor - were assigned Jamaica first floor but actually it was a beautiful location and worked very well with buses/Old port Royale.
Buses were fantastic with two exceptions - 1) other guests thinking it was fine for their toddlers/young children to spread over a number of seats while other people were made to stand (is it just me but when my two were little I would hold them on my laps to allow others to sit down and 2) buses were never available on the two MK early opening days until it was too late to get to early opening (plus the security queues on arrival for MK emh were 30 minutes plus).
Old Port Royale is very good for refillable mugs etc. food is standard food court. No better no worse.
WE had room 4603 which did have the Murphy Bed. My 14 year old was very happy sleeping on it (she is 5foot 6).
Mousekeeping were fantastic - plenty of shampoo, towels, coffee etc. The only issue we had was when dd dropped some toiletries behind the fridge. When we looked to retrieve them we couldn't believe the amount of trash behind the murphy bed. Unbelievable - probably two bags full. Mousekeeping were very quick to sort it out when we phoned.
The large pool was a bit of a pain as from early morning guests had left towels to reserve the loungers. Sometimes towels were on there for 5 hours with no returning guests and lifeguards did not remove despite signs. We ended up sitting outside the pool at the bar tables so that we could swim.
Quiet pools could do with more seating but were lovely.
Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Walking distances were very good despite my initial worries.
No air con smell.
Any other questions feel free to ask. (And yes we would return.)

Fabulous! Thank you!

I'm an early riser by nature who rises even earlier at Disney. That will give me something to do while I wait for the others to get up and moving. Hopefully we won't have to change rooms but this gives me time to get everything done if I need to.

I can't remember how we got to Blizzard Beach or return. LOL But I do remember that we took Disney Springs/Typhoon Logoon bus. Dropped off at the water park. On the return they take you to Disney Springs and then you have to get off and go to your resort bus for the return.

I am here now.... Are you all jealous lol?

With regards to water parks I am trying it out tomorrow but it's a bus to Disney Springs and then onto water park and I think typhoon lagoon is a bus to animal kingdom and change for blizzard. Bit of a faff but no big few but will report back.
Can't wait to hear how the water park transport works as we will be there in a month and are planning on going to both BB and TL

Final thing... I now get why there is the debate over location. This place is massive but fab. We chose room close to bus stop at Martinique over grabbing coffee and breakfast lol. 4 min walk to facilities. Bus service is a dream and no waiting.
Do you mind if I ask what building are you in? Does your room have the murphy bed. We will have my sweet mom (82 yrs young) with us and using a wheelchair so but there are 5 in our party. We are booked standard and are debating on requesting Martinique or Jamaica, still debating on which would be more accommodating for us to have easy access to OPR and be close to the first pick up stop on the bus route.

:thanks:

Last edited:
Just got home from a 14 night stay.
We did online check in and requested Martinique second floor - were assigned Jamaica first floor but actually it was a beautiful location and worked very well with buses/Old port Royale.
Buses were fantastic with two exceptions - 1) other guests thinking it was fine for their toddlers/young children to spread over a number of seats while other people were made to stand (is it just me but when my two were little I would hold them on my laps to allow others to sit down and 2) buses were never available on the two MK early opening days until it was too late to get to early opening (plus the security queues on arrival for MK emh were 30 minutes plus).
Old Port Royale is very good for refillable mugs etc. food is standard food court. No better no worse.
WE had room 4603 which did have the Murphy Bed. My 14 year old was very happy sleeping on it (she is 5foot 6).
Mousekeeping were fantastic - plenty of shampoo, towels, coffee etc. The only issue we had was when dd dropped some toiletries behind the fridge. When we looked to retrieve them we couldn't believe the amount of trash behind the murphy bed. Unbelievable - probably two bags full. Mousekeeping were very quick to sort it out when we phoned.
The large pool was a bit of a pain as from early morning guests had left towels to reserve the loungers. Sometimes towels were on there for 5 hours with no returning guests and lifeguards did not remove despite signs. We ended up sitting outside the pool at the bar tables so that we could swim.
Quiet pools could do with more seating but were lovely.
Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Walking distances were very good despite my initial worries.
No air con smell.
Any other questions feel free to ask. (And yes we would return.)
Great review, thank you!
I do have a question :)
When you say "buses were never available on the two MK early opening days until it was too late".
Was it just that they came late or was it that when the bus got to Jamaica, the bus was full?
On early morning magic hours we normally get to the bus stop at 7am and have never had any trouble at POP, this will be our first time at CBR so I am a little nervous.
Thank you in advance

Do you mind if I ask what building are you in? Does your room have the murphy bed. We will have my sweet mom (82 yrs young) with us and using a wheelchair so but there are 5 in our party. We are booked standard and are debating on requesting Martinique or Jamaica, still debating on which would be more accommodating for us to have easy access to OPR and be close to the first pick up stop on the bus route.

I think Martinique would be easier and closer than Jamaica. It would be easier with a w/c there as you wouldn't have to cross the bridge to get to OPR.
Martinique 24, 25, and 26 are the closest, but are "preferred".
@dansdad, do you have any experience/opinion with w/c access across the bridge?

We are in block 21 and second floor.

This Murphy bed is odd because we don't have one in our room but relatives we are with who are in an identical room to ours next door does have the Murphy bed. We seem to have a chest of drawers in its place.

Clothes storage is odd because it's open plan and in the bathroom.

Tv channels decent particularly for when the Olympics is on and the wifi is brilliant. Infact it's decent around while site to be fair.

Uber is brilliant. I was worried about cost to other parks... We got a taxi today to sea world for five dollars, yep five dollars. Bloody brilliant.

Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow so will update on travel. Any other questions just ask.

This Murphy bed is odd because we don't have one in our room but relatives we are with who are in an identical room to ours next door does have the Murphy bed. We seem to have a chest of drawers in its place.

Clothes storage is odd because it's open plan and in the bathroom.

Tv channels decent particularly for when the Olympics is on and the wifi is brilliant. Infact it's decent around while site to be fair.

Uber is brilliant. I was worried about cost to other parks... We got a taxi today to sea world for five dollars, yep five dollars. Bloody brilliant.

Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow so will update on travel. Any other questions just ask.

Can't wait to hear about the TL transport! good luck
Also, can I ask where you have taken Uber and how much it has cost for each trip?

So I am 15 days from Check in. Being in Canada, there are a few items I want to order and deliver to the resort for hopefully our arrival. Is it too early for ordering? I don't know how fast things move in the states mail wise and I'm not sure how long the resort will hold a package? Lol how many packages, because I could save a boat load on back to school shopping if I just do online within US ordering.

Can't wait to hear about the TL transport! good luck
Also, can I ask where you have taken Uber and how much it has cost for each trip?
First time uber user...

Located me right by room. 7 seater arrived in 3 mins.... Took us to sea world and cost less than $6 incredible. Driver was amazing, he gave me his number, booked for return but back through uber and another €6 dollars. Will now use him for universals.

So I am 15 days from Check in. Being in Canada, there are a few items I want to order and deliver to the resort for hopefully our arrival. Is it too early for ordering? I don't know how fast things move in the states mail wise and I'm not sure how long the resort will hold a package? Lol how many packages, because I could save a boat load on back to school shopping if I just do online within US ordering.

Bell Services has told me that they prefer to keep the package hold time to under 7 days. If I were you, I would place my order around 10 days out.

Officially booked for 10/28/17-11/4/17. First time staying at this moderate, I'm looking forward to it though. I'll ask you guys my best options to request when it gets closer

I think Martinique would be easier and closer than Jamaica. It would be easier with a w/c there as you wouldn't have to cross the bridge to get to OPR.
Martinique 24, 25, and 26 are the closest, but are "preferred".
@dansdad, do you have any experience/opinion with w/c access across the bridge?
Consensus says Martinique. Dansdad and Mickeystoontown both posted earlier that they felt that Martinique, even though it may/may not be closer would be an easier route with a w/c since there is a bridge to get over from Jamaica. My biggest concern is getting on a bus with a w/c. I have read that Jamaica is the first stop on the bus loop for all destinations except DS (please correct me if i'm wrong). I just don't want to have to wait for multiple buses to get on if the bus is full and they can't accommodate a w/c. That would be the main reason for us to request Jamaica. We are booked standard so buildings 21-23 would be the closest buildings in Martinique, and I don't think any of those would be bad. Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you.
You mentioned earlier that the bus service is a dream. We will have a W/C, have you experienced full buses for rope drop? As mentioned above, my biggest concern is getting on a bus with a w/c and we just don't want to have to wait for multiple buses to get on if the bus is full and they can't accommodate a w/c.
Thank you again!

Consensus says Martinique. Dansdad and Mickeystoontown both posted earlier that they felt that Martinique, even though it may/may not be closer would be an easier route with a w/c since there is a bridge to get over from Jamaica. My biggest concern is getting on a bus with a w/c. I have read that Jamaica is the first stop on the bus loop for all destinations except DS (please correct me if i'm wrong). I just don't want to have to wait for multiple buses to get on if the bus is full and they can't accommodate a w/c. That would be the main reason for us to request Jamaica. We are booked standard so buildings 21-23 would be the closest buildings in Martinique, and I don't think any of those would be bad. Thank you so much for your help.

The order of bus stops is not dependent on which park you are going to. It is dependent on which entrance the driver decides to use. If it's the side entrance then Jamaica is 1st. If it's the main entrance then Martinique is first.

In all of our stays at CBR we have never seen a w/c be left behind at a bus stop. Now I know it's impossible to say if it will happen as it is completely dependent on how many guests using a w/c are there at the same time as you and when they are heading to the parks. But just wanted to throw that out there that we've never seen it happen.

We went with an ECV in December. It was never a problem. Often we were the last stop coming back bc that made it easier for the driver to unload him, but no big deal. Once or twice we had bus issues where the driver didn't quite know how to let out the ramp, but never a huge deal. We were at park opening every day with no problems.

First time uber user...

Located me right by room. 7 seater arrived in 3 mins.... Took us to sea world and cost less than $6 incredible. Driver was amazing, he gave me his number, booked for return but back through uber and another €6 dollars. Will now use him for universals.
AWESOME! We are thinking of using Uber/Lyft to get to some of our meals at other resorts and maybe even BB and TL. If it's that cheap to go off property I bet it would be very worth it!!! thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter