Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are going in a couple of weeks and staying at CBR. We have some extra gift cards. How would I apply these to our account to use this instead of a credit card? Would I do this online or go to the front desk when we arrive? I was thinking of using these for our tips instead of carrying cash each night at dinner. Has anyone had the dining plan and left tips on their account instead of cash?

Thanks,Mike

I put all my tip money on a Disney gift card. I put money on them each week so not to feel the sting at once. I charge it to my room and then pay everything at the front desk. I usually go up there a couple times a trip just to clear my balance so that I have no surprises at the end of my trip.

We will be there December 17-21, and we are excited. We've only gone to Disney once before as adults with our daughter, and we stayed at Pop. Managed to upgrade this next trip with the free dining, so I'm hoping we made the right call. :)

FWIW we were just there 2 weeks ago, and literally 100% of the time returning from the parks at any time of day, the first bus stop was Jamaica. Obviously less easy to tell what stop the bus stopped at first when we were getting picked up at CBR in the morning/afternoon, but we usually stopped at about 1/2 of the villages (including Martinique) before continuing to the park which would be consistent with starting at Jamaica.
But this is totally subject to change and depending on the route the bus takes.

Nice, thanks for the great info. Buses are a huge factor for which room I request, your info is perfect.

Anyone else have anything to share about which buildings have it better for pick up or drop off? As other said I've also read that the buses enter CBR from two areas and will start at Martinique or Jamaica depending on which way they entered. Heard nothing about which was the first to be dropped off though.

Nice, thanks for the great info. Buses are a huge factor for which room I request, your info is perfect.

Anyone else have anything to share about which buildings have it better for pick up or drop off? As other said I've also read that the buses enter CBR from two areas and will start at Martinique or Jamaica depending on which way they entered. Heard nothing about which was the first to be dropped off though.

We've stayed in every Village except Trinidad South and have found no Village is better than the other as far as buses go.

Dropping off is the same as picking up. The buses are dropping off at the same time they are picking up. The bus either comes in the side entrance and Jamaica is first or it comes in the main entrance and Martinique is first.

If you are going soon it will be better to get one they haven't done! The re-do is not an improvement in my opinion. We were there last week. We walked from Jamaica to Barbados to use their pool even though Aruba would have been closer. The Aruba pool was already renovated. They heightened the concrete walls by over a foot and added gates to lock. They also made the pool more shallow-no more 6+foot deep section. Just a lot of concrete and fencing! The Barbados pool they hadn't touched yet and we much preferred that one!!! Wish I had taken pics....just never got back over to Aruba to take a picture! But it just wasn't very pretty....again....just my opinion. I do have some pics from the sidewalk area so you can see how high the walls are but none from inside the pool area:(
I believe WDW had to make these "improvements" to be within Florida code.

We are going in June and I booked a water/pool view room. This is a celebration for my husband's retirement from the Navy (22 years---woot, woot!). I just realized they have Pirate room sat CBR. I think it would be so fun to get one for my hubby. Would it be ridiculous to do a fax request and ask if they have any upgrades to pirate rooms available. He spent a great deal of time on deployment combating piracy off the coast of Africa so I think this would be a perfect surprise. I don't think he would ever pay the extra money but it would be fun to surprise him if they would do a free upgrade. Crazy to ask? Obnoxious?

We are going in June and I booked a water/pool view room. This is a celebration for my husband's retirement from the Navy (22 years---woot, woot!). I just realized they have Pirate room sat CBR. I think it would be so fun to get one for my hubby. Would it be ridiculous to do a fax request and ask if they have any upgrades to pirate rooms available. He spent a great deal of time on deployment combating piracy off the coast of Africa so I think this would be a perfect surprise. I don't think he would ever pay the extra money but it would be fun to surprise him if they would do a free upgrade. Crazy to ask? Obnoxious?
I don't know when in June you're planning to go, but it seems all they HAVE available is Pirate rooms. And at a pretty penny. I believe they're pretty booked up because we've been trying for either a standard or preferred room for weeks and have been unable to get one with or without a discount offer. Pirate rooms are furthest from OPR, so we'd rather not stay in one. I'd love to trade you!

I don't know when in June you're planning to go, but it seems all they HAVE available is Pirate rooms. And at a pretty penny. I believe they're pretty booked up because we've been trying for either a standard or preferred room for weeks and have been unable to get one with or without a discount offer. Pirate rooms are furthest from OPR, so we'd rather not stay in one. I'd love to trade you!
Sorry you haven't been able to get one. We are June 12-17th. First time I have ever been in the summer time, I used to try to go off season but now that I am teaching the only option is summer/Easter break/Christmas break. We books the water view room probably in February. What you are saying worries me a bit because that means it must be very crowded that week. Ah well. Doing my best to mitigate crowds by doing touringplans and already booked my FP plus for my days. Don't even know if a pirate room would be worth the hassle. Hubby would probably laugh and hope I didn't pay extra for it. DD 9 year old would appreciate it more than him, I think. Good luck!

Ok. I have a question.. I called bell services, and asked to have ,y case of water delivered.. They said that it wouldn't be a problem, but how long is too long before I call back? It's been two hours, and it's 10:00 pm. :scared1::confused3

Ok. I have a question.. I called bell services, and asked to have ,y case of water delivered.. They said that it wouldn't be a problem, but how long is too long before I call back? It's been two hours, and it's 10:00 pm. :scared1::confused3

Call back. I would have after 30 minutes. After calling for our stuff they've always been knocking on our door within 15 minutes.

Does anyone know which quiet pool is up next for refurbishment, after Jamaica? Or when they expect to have them all done? Thanks!

We are staying CBR for the very first time. Which room/area should I request for quiet yet closer to the bus? I figure close to the bus stop will be good idea after a long day of walking around parks. Yes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter