Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I know they are remodeling all the quiet pools and Jamaica is currently closed. Does anyone know which are complete and which are yet to be done? Thanks!

I know they are remodeling all the quiet pools and Jamaica is currently closed. Does anyone know which are complete and which are yet to be done? Thanks!

Aruba and Trinidad North have been completed. Jamaica is currently being done. Trinidad South, Martinique and Barbados still need to be done but not sure what order they are going in.

I have read throughout the thread about some rooms that have a musty smell.
My daughter has horrible allergies and is extremely sensitive to smells.

Does this seem to be isolated to specific buildings, areas or is it specific rooms?
I really need to try to avoid them.

Thank you!

I have read throughout the thread about some rooms that have a musty smell.
My daughter has horrible allergies and is extremely sensitive to smells.

Does this seem to be isolated to specific buildings, areas or is it specific rooms?
I really need to try to avoid them.

Thank you!

You may consider requesting a VIP cleaning prior to your arrival. When you make the request, tell them that this is for medical reasons.

You may consider requesting a VIP cleaning prior to your arrival. When you make the request, tell them that this is for medical reasons.

I was just reading about that in the first post! I had no idea that even existed! That is a great idea! Thank you!

My girls and I are bringing my sweet mama (82 yrs young!) for her first trip to Disney World!
She will be using a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks and I have a question about the buses.
We have always stayed at POP Century in the past but we wanted more of an adult/relaxed atmosphere. We were super excited when we got a room with FD at CBR!
At POP, there is one central bus stop for each park with a specified wheelchair entrance at the bus stop.
At CBR, each village has a bus stop and I assume that a bus for each park comes through and you get on the bus for the park that you want that day???
  • Is there a village in the bus route that picks up earlier in the route, that we should request?
  • With mom in a wheelchair, if the bus comes already full, do we just wait for the next bus?? and then what if the next one is full?
  • Since she can get out of the wheelchair and load the bus, can we just fold up the wheelchair before the bus gets there and let her get on and then load her wheelchair? I just know that she can not stand up to ride the bus in motion so I would want to make sure she can sit down.

Any help/advise/info would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

My girls and I are bringing my sweet mama (82 yrs young!) for her first trip to Disney World!
She will be using a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks and I have a question about the buses.
We have always stayed at POP Century in the past but we wanted more of an adult/relaxed atmosphere. We were super excited when we got a room with FD at CBR!
At POP, there is one central bus stop for each park with a specified wheelchair entrance at the bus stop.
At CBR, each village has a bus stop and I assume that a bus for each park comes through and you get on the bus for the park that you want that day???
  • Is there a village in the bus route that picks up earlier in the route, that we should request?
  • With mom in a wheelchair, if the bus comes already full, do we just wait for the next bus?? and then what if the next one is full?
  • Since she can get out of the wheelchair and load the bus, can we just fold up the wheelchair before the bus gets there and let her get on and then load her wheelchair? I just know that she can not stand up to ride the bus in motion so I would want to make sure she can sit down.

Any help/advise/info would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Most often the first village bus stop is Martinique, but it can happen that if the bus enters the resort at the other entrance, Jamaica would be first stop.

I will defer to someone who has travelled with a person in a chair or scooter to answer the rest of your question. I'm just not sure what Disney transportation has as their protocol.

We are going in a couple of weeks and staying at CBR. We have some extra gift cards. How would I apply these to our account to use this instead of a credit card? Would I do this online or go to the front desk when we arrive? I was thinking of using these for our tips instead of carrying cash each night at dinner. Has anyone had the dining plan and left tips on their account instead of cash?

Thanks,Mike

Standard and Preferred Rooms with pull down bed

All of the following pictures were taken by Bama-C

I am in the process of making a list of the rooms with a pull down bed. So far, the following rooms have been reported as having them.

Trinidad North:

Aruba:

Jamaica
4405 (corner room) & 4406 (connecting too)
4529 & 4530 (connecting too)
4627 (accessible room)

Martinique
2240 (corner room)
2637 (has a pull-down and connects to 2638)

Barbados
1245 & 1246 (connecting too)
Where can I find the most current list for rooms with murphy bed?

We are going in a couple of weeks and staying at CBR. We have some extra gift cards. How would I apply these to our account to use this instead of a credit card? Would I do this online or go to the front desk when we arrive? I was thinking of using these for our tips instead of carrying cash each night at dinner. Has anyone had the dining plan and left tips on their account instead of cash?

Thanks,Mike

For the past several trips, we sign the bill at each table service restaurant and include the tip. They charge it straight to our room account via our Magic Band. The resort will charge it all to the card that you have given them at check in. You can also go anytime during your stay to the front desk and pay as often as you would like with cash or Disney Gift Cards.

I've been trying to keep that particular post updated but rely solely on fellow Disers to report the room numbers so the list is ongoing. I'm not sure if there is a website that contains ALL murphy bed room numbers.

Thanks,Mike

You can charge the tips to your room as long as you have a credit card on file. You will need to stop by the custom's house or the concierge desk in OPR to pay off the charges with the gift cards. Make sure you do it before your last night because charges go to your credit card in the wee hours of the morning on check-out day. I usually have the email with my folio statement by 5am on checkout day.

I have never seen anywhere on the internet that has a complete list. There are so many rooms at CBR that it would be very daunting undertaking to try and make one.

Does anyone have any photos of the new small pool renovations? thanks :) Hoping we get one thats already done as we prefer the small pools to the big one.

Does anyone have any photos of the new small pool renovations? thanks :) Hoping we get one thats already done as we prefer the small pools to the big one.

If you are going soon it will be better to get one they haven't done! The re-do is not an improvement in my opinion. We were there last week. We walked from Jamaica to Barbados to use their pool even though Aruba would have been closer. The Aruba pool was already renovated. They heightened the concrete walls by over a foot and added gates to lock. They also made the pool more shallow-no more 6+foot deep section. Just a lot of concrete and fencing! The Barbados pool they hadn't touched yet and we much preferred that one!!! Wish I had taken pics....just never got back over to Aruba to take a picture! But it just wasn't very pretty....again....just my opinion. I do have some pics from the sidewalk area so you can see how high the walls are but none from inside the pool area:(

Last edited:
Most often the first village bus stop is Martinique, but it can happen that if the bus enters the resort at the other entrance, Jamaica would be first stop.

FWIW we were just there 2 weeks ago, and literally 100% of the time returning from the parks at any time of day, the first bus stop was Jamaica. Obviously less easy to tell what stop the bus stopped at first when we were getting picked up at CBR in the morning/afternoon, but we usually stopped at about 1/2 of the villages (including Martinique) before continuing to the park which would be consistent with starting at Jamaica.
But this is totally subject to change and depending on the route the bus takes.

Just found this board today' thanks for all the great info. Staying at CBR for the first time August 31-September 12. So excited! My girls want to stay in Jamaica because they like the color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter