• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We will be at CBR Jan 31- Feb 5.

We have 4 kids-2are two years old.

How fun!

With crowds on the buses, the big double stroller that you cannot pickup with one hand, and a plan for DH or I to take the babies back for a nap each afternoon, do you suggest driving our own vehicle to and from parks or using the buses?

We have both driven and taken the buses and found that we just preferred the buses, even with a double stroller. But there are plenty of folks that prefer to drive.

Parking at parks is free for resort guests, correct?

Correct.

How much of a hassle is driving to and from the resorts the parks?

The only time it's a hassle is when driving to the Magic Kingdom. When you drive there you have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center and depending on when you arrive you may have to take a tram from your car to the front. Then you have to take a boat or the monorail to MK. The other parks you can park then take the tram from your car to the front gate of the park. We like that the buses drop you off right at the front gates of each park.

Thank you! That is very helpful! It sounds like packing up the stroller, keeping track of the girls is going to be necessary whether we drive or take the buses.

Thank you!

I can't wait to go. Santa is delivering the surprise to the kids so I can't even obsess with my kids about the trip!

Thank you! That is very helpful! It sounds like packing up the stroller, keeping track of the girls is going to be necessary whether we drive or take the buses.

Thank you!

I can't wait to go. Santa is delivering the surprise to the kids so I can't even obsess with my kids about the trip!

I want to clarify that "keeping track of the girls" I find it easier to keep them strapped into the stroller until we get to the car and buckle one into the car seat while the other is buckled into the stroller still.

My previous post sounded like I just wanted to let the kids run around willy-nilly.

I want to clarify that "keeping track of the girls" I find it easier to keep them strapped into the stroller until we get to the car and buckle one into the car seat while the other is buckled into the stroller still.

My previous post sounded like I just wanted to let the kids run around willy-nilly.

You might had already heard this but make sure you have something to distinguish your stroller (day & night)... Strollers get moved and sometimes (especially Epcot) there is a sea of strollers. Ideas are bright ribbon, balloon, glow sticks, etc. Also I would keep a bag in the bottom storage space so you can easily and quickly remove things to fold up the stroller.

We will be at CBR Jan 31- Feb 5.

We have 4 kids-2are two years old.

With crowds on the buses, the big double stroller that you cannot pickup with one hand, and a plan for DH or I to take the babies back for a nap each afternoon, do you suggest driving our own vehicle to and from parks or using the buses?

Parking at parks is free for resort guests, correct?

How much of a hassle is driving to and from the resorts the parks?

Thanks so much!
February is not real busy. We went in February in 2014, it was like we had the park to ourselves.

We'll be at CBR Feb 7 - 12! I'm kind of debating on switching because online shows there aren't any rooms left, which makes me think it will be packed. Any advice or thoughts?

8 days until my first time at this resort. I am a little nervous about my choice after reading some mixed reviews on this thread. I requested 1st floor in Jamaica. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust!

We'll be at CBR Feb 7 - 12! I'm kind of debating on switching because online shows there aren't any rooms left, which makes me think it will be packed. Any advice or thoughts?

Although I have never traveled during that same time period, I can tell you that I have stayed at the resort many times when it was booked to capacity and didn't run into any problems.

4 Days!!! I'm getting so excited!

I was wondering about the hours of Bell Services. I'll be arriving around 2pm, and on the off chance my room isn't ready until 3, I was planning to leave my carry-on with Bell Services. However, I'll be at Magic Kingdom until it closes at 1am, and was wondering if Bell Services would be closed? Alternatively, can they deliver my carry-on to my room once it becomes available if I'm not there? Thanks for any advice!

Although I have never traveled during that same time period, I can tell you that I have stayed at the resort many times when it was booked to capacity and didn't run into any problems.

Of all the WDW resorts we have stayed, CBR handles being at capacity THE best by far!!

Thanks! That makes me feel much better. Not that I was too terribly concerned with it, but still something to think about. We wouldn't "be able to switch" without another military room available, so I'm glad yall said that. :)

I think the resort was full when we were there. It always seemed quiet. We did have to hunt for tables at OPR a few times, but the lines to order and purchase food were never long. Only long bus waits we had were at MK when we were leaving at the end of the night. Overall it was a great experience.

Also, Disney sometimes shows resorts filled when they are doing general maintenance. Not to be worried, like some others said, CBR showed full when we went and didn't see too many people.

Also, Disney sometimes shows resorts filled when they are doing general maintenance. Not to be worried, like some others said, CBR showed full when we went and didn't see too many people.

I didn't know that. Thank you! I found out there is a cheerleading competition the week/weekend we get there, which has a lot to do with that. If I change the dates on the front end, everything opens back up. lol. I'm definitely not worried about it now. I'll fit in with them on Sunday and they'll be gone Monday. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter